The end of the FW27!

Posted by intweb 
Re: Williams FW27 - Getting Close........!
Date: September 10, 2005 10:26PM
Posted by: Willb
Hi,

Don't want to hijack your thread, but I'm looking for a good RBS logo. Ive tried brands of the world but theres nothing. I knew it was on the williams and was wondering if you could help me out :)

Thanks

Wills

P.S Can't wait for the car!!!!!!!

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: September 12, 2005 04:19PM
Posted by: Button14
steve whats happening your end, its taking ages, hope the results not a anti climax

Date: September 12, 2005 04:29PM
Posted by: IWE
I might have asked this before but will you make template for that car?

Even better if you will do it for 2seater version.. ;-)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: September 12, 2005 04:53PM
Posted by: intweb
@ willb, I have a V. high res version of the RBS logo - mail me and I'll send you.

@ button14, good things come to those who wait, as I've said - it has taken me two months to get the shape that I am happy with, I want to get the textures and mapping correct too, I don't want to rush it and regret it.....

As for whether it'll be an anti-climax, that's not for me to say.
Date: September 12, 2005 04:57PM
Posted by: Kev188
only a question : When can the beta testers test the car ?
I´m really lookin forward to this nice Williams
Date: September 12, 2005 05:22PM
Posted by: Button14
thats whta i meant more, when will we be able to beta test ..

Date: September 12, 2005 05:31PM
To put you in the picture, I had to remap the chassis this weekend, I had to change the rear end and sidepods (shaping), so I now have to remap, this is the stage I am currently at :

This has taken me all day to do, I'll have a model out in the mail by friday, then i am on holiday for a week (or possibly two), so you'll get two weeks to play and make notes and then when I come back I can make the changes.

So basically, you'll have the car by thursday night - the latest......!

Steve.
:)
Date: September 12, 2005 05:33PM
Posted by: F1Master
Nice :-)

WilliamsF1 Supporters

AMD Athlon64 3400, 512mb Corsair XMS3200LL memory, Asus K8V Deluxe mobo, Powercolor Radeon X800 Pro VIVO, 160G Maxtor HD, Soundblaster Audigy, Windows XP SP2.
Date: September 12, 2005 06:00PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
DANM , i have no word for this :O

Date: September 12, 2005 07:20PM
Posted by: Kev188
great !
I really like that !
Date: September 13, 2005 09:25AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
looks brilliant!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 13, 2005 11:35PM
Posted by: eddycrazy
realy impessive amazing piece of art lots of details can't wait to drive it.
Date: September 13, 2005 11:53PM
Posted by: JPM2002
Looks Fab!!!!
Date: September 14, 2005 10:41AM
Posted by: Webber Fan
Brilliant work Steve! This car has a soul! Have you thought about new front wing? Wow , Im looking this car and I cant believe it how real it looks. Great improvement!

[webberfanscreens.blogspot.com]
Date: September 14, 2005 11:35AM
Sorry Webber Fan, I have nothing against you, but I'm sick and tired of people calling for every minor change in the cars or their liveries after every @#$%& race. The cars do change every race, (maybe except for the minardi's), and nagging on and on about those little changes discourages the shapers and painters. I'm sure that's part of the reason why Enzoj has stopped. He was sick and tired of working for days and days about the cars, and updating them thereafter every time some little thing has changed to the car. I download the cars as a bas myself, and modify them myself. I'm no painter, nor a shaper, but at least I try to do something myself. I do okay in Zmodeler, but only with moddding existing cars. I have tried to make one from scratch, but it didn't really turn out successful. Still I try, and don't nag about when is the new Renault Spa version coming out? when is the new Toyota version coming out. I have made a Toyota myself, with Yohans car as a base. And Every race I try to adjust it. I have still Yohans BAR as a base. I have made the winglets myself, and added the flags of the drivers on the inside recently. With a bit of practice, everyone can make such things. I'm no hero at nothing. I also started from scratch. I knew nothing about Zmodeler, now I can Map decently, and (re)shape pretty okay. So give it a try urselves. Stop putting pressure on the shapers and painters. Look for instance at Button14 of MDBSnake, and some others I can't come up with now... They made new cars themselves from scratch, without having much knowledge before. Repsect for those people!

Greetz
Date: September 14, 2005 03:07PM
Posted by: Briere
ohhh!!!
jejejeje!!!!!
Great car !!!!!
jeje!!!!

This post isn't written by Felipe ;)
Date: September 14, 2005 03:50PM
@ WebberFan, read a few posts ago, the initial release will be the french GP version (as is shown in the pic), then the others will follow, quite quickly I'd imagine. Oh and yes, there will be a slick, low downforce version for the Italian GP!

@ JPM2002, thanks for sticking up for us, although I appreciate your sentiments, I feel that putting your comments after Webberfan's post will at best alienate him and at worst, cause him to retaliate against you.

Thanks for your interest anyways!

:)
Date: September 14, 2005 05:18PM
I know, if he's pissed off by what I said (though I clearly stated that it wasn't and attack or something, and that I have nothing against him), he can contact me on msn or email. Just have to PM me. :D

On-topic now, I really like this version of the car. The previous versions where nice, but this one looks to be really spot on! Keep going like this!

Greetz
Date: September 14, 2005 06:21PM
@ JPM2002, the previous version had about 5 polys in it - this one has around 24,000! So hopefully people will still use it!?

Thanks.
Date: September 14, 2005 06:57PM
Posted by: MDBSnake
dont know intweb, got other lods too? ;)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy