beta test Bahrein track online (with care)

Posted by Lo2k 
Re: beta test Bahrein track online (with care)
Date: May 07, 2005 01:29AM
Posted by: saumilsingh
@sniper
It's the GTR game from Simbin.
Date: May 07, 2005 04:41AM
Posted by: BenAD
Wow nice work guys, must congratulate you on all your progress. I am going to download it and test it out sometime this weekend, congrats again you guys should be very proud!!
Date: May 07, 2005 05:28AM
Posted by: Xero
Just tried it, and i'm impressed!

@Laurent: Were the barriers generated from the .dat too? Could you please tell me what was done by you/3deditor... im intreged! :)

@Maverick: your layout is excellent... i'll assume this is an older version, and I hope you're progressing well with the elevations.

Very much looking forward to trying the new editor out. It should hopefully propel me back into track editing. Again, well done lads.
Date: May 07, 2005 08:36AM
Posted by: Viju
dude xero.,, what happened to your spain update ??? if they could do a whole new layout and managed to have cc cars run on it. why cant a small chicane update in spain be a big problem ?

well im not ordering you or something, its jus that bahrain beta is done, a whole new layout, and its working partially, why cant smaller updated tracks like spain, monaco, france etc be started as well by their respective authors and completed ?

i think if done in this method those tracks will come sooner than bahrain... at least we`ll run updated tracks instead of whole new track like bahrain which i think`s gna take more time to perfect ., well jus assuming though ,, i dont know which part of 3d editor might be a hurdle for you and also you have your personal life :)
Date: May 07, 2005 08:51AM
Posted by: BenAD
think that is a bit harsh,

I suspect that Lo2k might have worked out, or developed a few things for the 3D editor to get to the point this Bahrain track is up to. Remember there is so much we dont know and advancements are made all the time by everyone in the community to bring us one step closer. I am sure he is in the process of explaining to the others working on those track on how to pull it off. :)

Be patient and help out where you can, and hopefully we will have updated track layouts some time during this year.

(Edited for spelling - alot :P)

Ben Driehuis
Hawkeye League Administrator
www.howc.net

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2005 08:54AM by BenAD.
Date: May 07, 2005 08:55AM
Posted by: relaky
i'm so excited about his.
Already tri it and run fine in the game
except some bugs.
However, many thanks to Lo2k,Maverick and whoever
work on this track.
You guys are really genius and hardworking.
Two tumbs up for you guys.
Date: May 07, 2005 09:46AM
Posted by: Jorn
Lo2k Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @Jorn: nice video even if you forgot (or choosed
> not) to update the texture 315 I gave in the
> pakage
>
> Edited 1 times. Last edit at 05/06/05 06:48PM by
> Lo2k.

Thanks

I forgot to convert the texture in a tex-file, it's solved now :)
Date: May 07, 2005 09:59AM
Posted by: <Maverick>
Xero Wrote:
> @Maverick: your layout is excellent... i'll assume
> this is an older version, and I hope you're
> progressing well with the elevations.

Thank you :) It is indeed an somewhat older version, the JOD is now placed a few corners further, elevations take time, but progress is steady atm.

Date: May 07, 2005 10:01AM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
How long for release ? Days , weeks or months ?

Date: May 07, 2005 10:03AM
Posted by: Stan
years ;-)

Date: May 07, 2005 10:03AM
Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
> How long for release ? Days , weeks or months ?
>
> Greets Iceman-Kimi
>
>

as you can read here: [www.grandprixgames.org] 10 feb 2006

Date: May 07, 2005 10:05AM
Posted by: b-tone
amazing work guys :o:) and good luck with further progress

____
Tony

Date: May 07, 2005 10:14AM
Posted by: Webber Fan
Now when we know that we will get new track, it´s worth to be patient

[webberfanscreens.blogspot.com]
Date: May 07, 2005 12:36PM
Posted by: Lo2k
First thanks everyone for your kind words / congrats /girl friend leaving ;) and so on :p

To answer Xero's question for what has been done by Maverick, what has been done by me and what has been done by 3DEditor (well, me too but on an automatised form:)) :

Maverick did all the .dat physics (track layout, track width, verges and bank descriptions).
Then 3DEditor automatically build me a .3ds file from the .dat with all different objects (track, verges, banks and rails).
These objects are then loaded in ZM wich will be used only to convert .3ds format to .gp4 one (3DEditor's actual .3ds import only support 1 object).
These .gp4 objects are then loaded in 3DEditor on top of Melborne's track (just as you did to install Bahrein).
Then here is the only manual operation I did : I hit "compute coords" button for each object to be sure their won't be any visibility problem and chose a texture for each new object.
The graphical part was ended.
I then deleted the whole cc-line and rebuilt it manualy too using no special tricks or no new 3DEditor feature.
Just testing and trying. I just had and used successfully a small idea about how building end of cc-line when 3deditor display is a complete mess, but I can't describe this idea here to avoid lengthening this post too much :))
I forgot to tell the .col file is also created from the .dat file by 3DEditor automatically (even if it only covers track tarmac for now).

That's all
Well OK, that's the story as I did the last time of the hundreds of tests, dozens of ingame runs and 2-3 game crashs I did/encounter to successfully export .dat to .3ds, import back ZM .gp4 objects to 3DEditor without needing to displace/rotate them and to export .col from .dat but it finally works as you can see :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2005 12:39PM by Lo2k.
Date: May 07, 2005 02:32PM
lengthening posts is fine by me :+

Date: May 07, 2005 02:37PM
Wow... quite alot generated from the.dat then!

@Viju: BenAD was right, but I also suspect that I would have to restart everything after these new editor developments. I'll get back into editing when this next editor is released. There's also the whole issue of the ccline, which was very hard to complete on the Barcelona circuit. It's not just a case of building it, each track varies with unknown data (or at least it was last time I heard!). Don't fool yourself into thinking this whole track editing thing has been cracked... progress has been made, and there's more to come. I don't find any part of the editor a "hurdle", but you're right I do have a personal life, and I have other projects as well as racing in LFS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2005 02:38PM by Xero.
Date: May 07, 2005 02:57PM
Posted by: Viju
ah well i was jus a little over-excited abt the track edit progress..
maybe i went a bit too far.. i better shut up my mouth before u come out with flying colours :)
Date: May 07, 2005 03:18PM
Lol. I have no doubt that i'll be producing new tracks eventually... but I do understand your excitement. :)
Date: May 07, 2005 04:46PM
Posted by: kentauro
Lo2k Wrote:
> @Kentauro:
> Well, you can insert any magic file but I dunno
> what for...
> You can try to rename them, else the best way is
> to swap .dat files (renamming them that's true)
> but updating the a1ring2001 wad and .gp4 instead
> of melborne2001 files.
>

tried to update airing but it does'nt work , there is no scene3 only 1 and 2 , underneath the airing track remain so the game goes to desktop , same thing renaming everything
Date: May 07, 2005 05:15PM
Posted by: erwin_78
Why the txt file says it only runs in quick race? It runs perfectly in free practice too...

Well my buildings are just a tiny bit too small. oh my bad, they are tiny comparing to the track ;)

I scaled them and it looks like this (quick and nasty import, no fancy things)

It still needs some tweaking to get the right sizes and proportions. First of all i needed to decrease the pitlane buildings. Future will tell what to do next.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy