Tga and Tex Help Needed PLease!!!!

Posted by Marco1 
Tga and Tex Help Needed PLease!!!!
Date: February 17, 2005 09:06PM
Posted by: Marco1
hello to all, its been a long time since I last posted on these forums,
Nonetheless, I need some help converting *.tex to *.tga and back again. Because I have patched gp4 gp4master does not work with the version of the game I now have. So I downloaded texeditor. Now I have been able in view and save the tex of the car in question, however, I have also downloaded the templates for the generic 2005 car, and when I try to upload it, a) I cannot view the edited tga's and b) I cant upload them to overwrite the file of the car I with to replace, If anyone out there can help me I will be more than welcome, the main problem for myself is that there is no help files included with the editor, but nonetheless, thank you in advance.

The texture of the car I am trying to upload is for an Audi to replace the now defunct jaguar team.

I actually have the texture that I used last year for GP3 of this team, and have been meaning to upload it to the site to get some feedback, but nonetheless, SOMEONE HELP! PLEASE! thanks again!

Re: Tga and Tex Help Needed PLease!!!!
Date: February 19, 2005 12:25AM
Posted by: _Erix_
First: Use gp4master instead of texeditor. texeditor often screws up your tex's or just fails.
Second: Use the decrypted gp4.exe of the original version to link gp4master to. You only need to do this once. After that you can replace it with the decrypted version of the patched gp4.exe.

If it still won't work use the util patcher from Reinier Tetteroo:
[gp4.gamer.nl]

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Date: February 19, 2005 12:38PM
Posted by: Willb
OooOOOOo Tex Editor Rocks.. No it actually does. Especially for Batch converting.
Date: February 19, 2005 07:50PM
Posted by: _Erix_
that is true, the batch convertor is the best feature of the tool.

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Date: February 24, 2005 11:49PM
Posted by: SHEEPY
First: Use gp4master instead of texeditor. texeditor often screws up your tex's or just fails.
Second: Use the decrypted gp4.exe of the original version to link gp4master to. You only need to do this once. After that you can replace it with the decrypted version of the patched gp4.exe.

i dont understand
Date: February 25, 2005 12:10AM
Posted by: gap177
SHEEPY,,,,,,,,,,,To get gp4master to work

1. Download the v1.00decrypted exe [download.grandprixgames.org]
2. Extract to a temporary folder and rename gp4_old.exe
3. Copy gp4_old.exe to your main Gp4 folder
4. Run Gp4Master and point gp4master to this exe

This does work and the gp4_old.exe can be left in your main gp4 folder so you can use gp4master whenever needed.

Glenn(Cdn)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy