*****GP4 Track editing*****

Posted by Eugenio Faria 
Re: *****GP4 Track editing*****
Date: December 28, 2004 06:38PM
Posted by: Knuschel
okay in that case answer please this question:

which tarcks are already ready?

i thnk the brazil gp is ready! this is one thing i know because somebody drove this track with that changed line made by this team here!
Date: December 28, 2004 06:41PM
Posted by: smorr
the problem with track editing is the tools. once we get one we can make a specilazied tool for it. 3d editor is great, but it is not the best tool for things like track editing. unfortounenatly tis the best we got.

P.S. no i am not bashing lo2k's work. his tools are great.

The Flanker is gone. :(
Date: December 28, 2004 06:59PM
Posted by: Xero
which tarcks are already ready?

No modified layouts if thats what you mean? There are a few being worked on, but not to the extent of which you are looking for. I think you have overestimated what has been acheived so far! It's going to take time... alot of it! I would expect things to pick up when the new season gets under way, and GP4 regenerates it's massive interest. I haven't played GP4 for months!... and I can't see myself doing so for a while. Editing GP4 coincides with playing GP4 for me, as i'm sure is the case with most of the talented modders on here. You may have to wait another year before you get what you want i'm afraid!
Date: December 28, 2004 07:04PM
i will say it clearly:

tobias ostwald told me he drove a track made by you: brazil

the only thing changed was that he was able to drive with keyboard the same line as somebody with wheel. thats the only change i wanna have for the tracks listed above... i think it must be possible, or not?

but however the brazil track is ready.. because tobias drove there
Date: December 28, 2004 07:15PM
Posted by: b-tone
no new tracks are available. i made a 1988 montreal which is about 1.89% finished and duffer's woking on a 94 imola.
driving the same line with keybouard and wheel should be up to you. but i'm not sure what ou mean really as theres only one brazil,

the problem with track editing is the tools. once we get one we can make a specilazied tool for it. 3d editor is great, but it is not the best tool for things like track editing. unfortounenatly tis the best we got.

the problame isn't the tools. i've said many times but probably not for a week or so, therefore i'll spurt it again. theres only one track editor and its Lo2k's 3D editor. i doubt there'll ever be another as gp4 is slowly and sadly dieing. so saying it isnt the best for track editing when its the only is. not right.?

the problem with track editing is this:
Lo2k creates a new feature making it easier to modify tracks.
No one tests it or gives feedback
Lo2k goes back to the real world and forgets gp4.

if some one (8many perefrebly) says 'hey L, this is good but do this and it'll be beter' then chances are he'll do 'this'.

with one guy on tool development and no testers, the tool isnt going to get far.

is it?

eh?

____
Tony

Date: December 28, 2004 07:29PM
so i ask you why can tobias ostwald say: he drove on the brazil track whch had another keyboard line?
Date: December 28, 2004 07:39PM
Posted by: six degrees
who the hell is he? ;)
Date: December 28, 2004 07:56PM
Posted by: keiran
I think this guy we havent heard of has been lying to you ;)

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Date: December 28, 2004 08:03PM
normally in forums he has the name tobeast or ossi.... i think...
Date: December 28, 2004 08:21PM
Posted by: harjinator
maybe he turned steering help for keyboard off using GP4tweaker?

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: December 28, 2004 08:32PM
no
he said he worked with that community and now before some weeks he had to test he brazil track with another line for keyboard.. he is part of the twister team and he is a geman guy... and normally he does not lie...

so i think somebody has done this track.. and he said look into that forum here to find somebody to make the tracks.-. but now i wrote him and asked him if he is right with that forum here.. bevause before some weeks he worte something in an other forum where poeple worked to find out how the 3d editor works... and i know that he meant people of that community...

gp4tweak was not meand... he meant a line which is the SAME line as the wheels... so it must be a new different line to the normal keyboard steeringhelp line

you can't take off steering help with keyboards! so you need another line for steering help
Date: December 28, 2004 08:42PM
Err actually you can turn off steering help for keyboards. Using GP4tweaker as I said. It makes the cr virtually undrivable, but it definitely is possible!

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: December 28, 2004 08:57PM
Posted by: six degrees
is there like a whole other gp4 community that we've never heard of then, parallel universe stylee? ;)
Date: December 28, 2004 09:37PM
would appear so

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: December 28, 2004 09:59PM
thats a thing i don't can believe so i think there must be a work never has been released officially .. but i think you MUSt heard of tobais ostwald,.. he is some of the guys making translations
Date: December 28, 2004 10:24PM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
Look, we are not lying to you! When we have properly edited tracks done and dusted, then we'll let you know, but they're not. When it comes to track editing, there are two options:

1) Be patient;
2) Experiment for yourself.

Have a go at one of those, (I suggest number two :) ).

[Website]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2004 10:02PM by Ferrari_Fuhrer.
Date: December 28, 2004 10:28PM
Posted by: anze89
no, I never heard of tobais ostwald and no, no trach has new layout, there are only graphic changes

Date: December 28, 2004 11:05PM
Posted by: vesuvius
I have heard the name tobeast at realgpx.com forum and he said he has or will do cc-line changes to you gp4league so I guess he has done changes for Brazil himself ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2004 11:06PM by vesuvius.
Date: December 28, 2004 11:12PM
aha he said HE will do it?

that's new because to me he said: look at this forum.. tehre he found that track but okay.. so i will talk to him when he is online... and so it'll be he best possibility...

and no, i don't think that you are lying.. i only thpght that you missunderstood my words.
Date: December 28, 2004 11:16PM
Posted by: vesuvius
This is what he said to Lo2K :

Maybe I'll find something when I create the CC-Lines for a league, that wanted me for doing this. I hope that I'll be able to help you in programming soon. I'm student in computer science and hope to learn the required things soon. For now I can just test your editor.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy