*****GP4 Track editing*****

Posted by Eugenio Faria 
Re: *****GP4 Track editing*****
Date: December 31, 2004 04:47PM
Posted by: Ali
Thanks Six degrees,

I said I can't see the track because when I change the layout, but nothing else, at the end of the second straight of barcelona track, the car starts to climb to nowhere, but the graphical track is still where it was. I removed the cc-line and i will remake it (Am I crazy?... probably) later, but if the track (because the .gp4, .bin and .col remain the same, has not changed) is still the same, I can't make it go in the new layout because I don't know where it is.

I think I am not very good explaining myself.

Later, did you leave your trial? Did you start the cc-line entire or did you change the existing one? I mean, I don't want to waste my time, but i don't want to leave it so early either.

Thanks
Date: December 31, 2004 04:48PM
Posted by: Xero
I've had some progress... I modified the layout and cc line and the game loaded, although the line is somewhat off in game! I think it may have something to do with elevations, as others have mentioned they've had trouble with that. The cars follow the shape, but are slightly offset in places resulting in the straight going through the garages and into "space". I've noticed when they reach the end of the cc line, they are warped to the corresponding track sector's overlapping cc line, and continue with the lap... not for me as they maintain direction and speed, so the cars slam straight into the barriers! :)

I'll try again from stratch making sure i'm more precise, and also check i'm not moving sectors vertically... im sure this was my problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2004 04:54PM by Xero.
Date: December 31, 2004 04:56PM
Stupid question...
Can I remove track sectors?
Date: December 31, 2004 05:01PM
No, not yet. Just squash a couple to half their size to get rid of one.
Date: December 31, 2004 05:56PM
Posted by: six degrees
what track are you edting, Xero ?
Date: December 31, 2004 05:57PM
Magny Cours.
Date: December 31, 2004 07:53PM
Posted by: Lo2k
To answer your question, Xero, if you have less sectors in cc-line than in in the track layout, cars will try to follow track layout from the last ccline segment to the first one but as ccline is a guide, they will be a bit lost.

If you have more sectors in the ccline than in the track sector, then first cc-line sectors will be overwritten by last ones and once cars will have leave last segment, they will try to reach closest segment of the cc-line.

Date: December 31, 2004 08:56PM
I had an idea about object "deletion", actually laurent.... is it possible to have a function which will automatically move an object to a certain location underneath the circuit (X 0 Y 0 Z -5 for example) and set the correct settings for it not to be drawn? just a thought while actual deletion isn't possible.
Date: December 31, 2004 09:02PM
Posted by: smorr
see, now we may get there. we are finally giving lo2k some feedback on things we need for track editing. we to go people.

The Flanker is gone. :(
Date: January 01, 2005 12:53AM
Posted by: _Erix_
Nick, isn't that what already is done? I remember Erwin talking about that when he was editing tracks.

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Date: January 01, 2005 01:15AM
hmm, not unless I just don't know what button to press... I know it can be done, but I didn't think there was an 'automatic' function for it..
Date: January 01, 2005 02:59AM
Posted by: _Erix_
From what I remember: After moving the object downwards you should give it the value of an object that's not reflected in the water.

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Date: January 01, 2005 03:32PM
There's no automatic function to hide an object.

My personnal (manual) method is :
1- scale down the old object to a very small size.
2- move it behind a far fence/tree wall
3- give him close clipping settings and no lods to be sure it will never be displayed (that means going in object's attributes window and set Better lod ID = -1, clipping=1, lod ID=-1)

This way appart the fact some vertices and faces definitions of the old object are still in the file, GP4 will never display it in game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2005 03:33PM by Lo2k.
Date: January 01, 2005 03:34PM
Lo2k Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There's no automatic function to hide an object.

yeah I didn't think there was.... but I thought it was an interesting idea ;)

Date: January 01, 2005 03:53PM
Posted by: b-tone
yes a buttonto collect and hide the obsolete things would be nice :)

[Lo2k mode]i'll put it on the todo list[/Lo2k mode]

;)

____
Tony

Date: January 01, 2005 05:20PM
lol, and how should I (and 3DEditor) know wich objects have to be collected and hide automatically ? ;)

And hiding object won't be on my todo list as object deletion is already on it :)

Date: January 01, 2005 05:21PM
Lo2k Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> lol, and how should I (and 3DEditor) know wich
> objects have to be collected and hide
> automatically ?
>

not to be hidden 'automatically' as such, more user prompted ;)

but that doesn't matter if deletion is on the list anyway :p

Date: January 01, 2005 05:26PM
Posted by: Knuschel
question:

why can't we have a tol where we can see the track by cc-editing and paint the line (i know its an easy word) on the track? why can't we have it like this?
Date: January 01, 2005 06:27PM
More help please!!

The .dat is modified with the new layout. I've done several revisions, so by now ok. The cc-line has to be done nut if the graphical part it is not modified, I can't do it because I doesn't see the track!!!!

Do you know what i mean?

And second, the coordinates X,Y,Z of the .dat file do not coincide with the XYZ coordinates in the .gp4 file... :-( . How can be done? They do not match with the same sector. In my case ther's an offset of bout 20-30 units.
Date: January 01, 2005 06:51PM
Posted by: Schumacher-Fan
My method to "delete" objects is just move them far far down.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy