Trouble With Installation of the Jordans

Posted by gap177 
Trouble With Installation of the Jordans
Date: October 19, 2004 03:49PM
Posted by: gap177
Hi Guys.........I've asked this question in the Mclaren thread but my guess it will just get buried in there so I have started a new topic.Is anyone having problems with installing the Jordans?I do know what i'm doing with opening files etc as i have installed countless cars into my gp4.I open the winzip file and execute the install.exe and for Rd05,07,14,15,16 everything works fine but all the other Rd's I get an "Invalid Pointer Error".I do not use wad installer as I prefer Gp4master to install/compile wad files.Also,,,,,,the Lod_1 for all the Jordans I have opened are missing<-Is this just a matter of copy and pasting/renaming of Lod_0 or has it been not included by accident.

Because I only have a GForce2MX400(I know I need a new vid card),what I do is:open Gp4master and extract the 1024 texture and resize to 512,256,256,128 in PSP,then replace them using gp4master into a resized(512) tex file.I have also used the livery editor to make the car files read the tex file"hi_jordan1.tex etc.I then rename the .gp4 files to the 2004 order,,,,in this case-Jordan to Jaguar and usually all this works fine.I have tried this with all the jordans that I have managed to open but when it comes to loading the game.........I get a CTD half way through loading.If I put in my backup wad(2004 Spain),,,,,,game loads fine.Anybody with any ideas as to why this isnt working and why I cant open Rd01-04,06,08-13.Thanks in advance for any help,,,,,really looking forward to getting these Jordans in-game.

Glenn(Cdn)
Re: Trouble With Installation of the Jordans
Date: October 19, 2004 04:06PM
Posted by: Muks_C
i have answered you in the mclaren thread.

yes, copy LOD 0 and rename it to 1, for both cars.

you will save a lot of time and hassle by iseing Easywad. all you have to do it extract the installer, then copy and paste the LODs and tex file into your wad folder, then compress it to the wad. no fuss, no mess, but new cars installed in seconds.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: October 19, 2004 04:15PM
@C_Muks,,,,,I did the Lod_0-Lod_1 thing.So I dont think it is that.Easywad only causes errors on my pc so i cant use that utility and I have to "resize" the tga's from 1024 to 512 because of the crappy videocard.I'm gonna dbl check it right now and see if I made any mistakes.

Glenn(Cdn)
Date: October 19, 2004 04:27PM
Posted by: patricio
I've tried everything and the jordans only are ok in 16 bit medium definitions , but dont work in 32 bit max... any clue?
i play 1600x1200 32 bit maximun.

thks
Patrick
Date: October 19, 2004 04:34PM
Posted by: MarcLister
You might need to add hi_ to the filenames of the tex files so that they work in 32 bit. For example jordan_1.tex would become hi_jordan_1.tex.
Date: October 19, 2004 05:07PM
Posted by: patricio
thks marclister, will try this afternoon...

Date: October 19, 2004 05:20PM
Ok,,,,,I just figured out what was causing the CTD when the game was loading.Thats all fixed-You cant use liveryeditor-thats the only thing I did differantly.Now....my other problem is that "invalid pointer error" while trying to open the other Rd's.Would someone be "real" nice and extract Rd01-04,06,08-13 into just .gp4 and .tex/Rd and zip them up and send them to me.I know its a big job but I would really appreciate it.Even better,,,,,,,has anyone run into this "invalid pointer error" before and know of a fix?I have tried re-downloading and I still get the same error.

gap176@rogers.com

Glenn(Cdn)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2004 05:21PM by gap177.
Date: October 19, 2004 05:24PM
Posted by: Kev188
I´ve sent you a mail Marc !!!!
Please answer !!!
Date: October 19, 2004 05:28PM
@gap177 - have you tried using winrar to unpack the exe in the zip files to get at the .gp4 and .tex files your self?

Go to rarlabs.com and download the demo version of WinRar and then extract the exe's in the Jordan zip files to a folder and using WinRar (open WinRar first and then open the exe files) you should be able to unpack them and get the files you need direct.

@Kev188 - Haven't done much on the car, been busy at Uni. Do you want all lods or just lod_0's?
Date: October 19, 2004 05:52PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Guys PLEASE help me i can only install the china europe hungary and italy
versions and the rest i can't install during that "Invalid Pointer Error

PLEASE :(
Date: October 19, 2004 05:53PM
@MarcLister...........Got It.........lol,cant believe I missed that.Thanks Marc.

Glenn(Cdn)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2004 05:55PM by gap177.
Date: October 19, 2004 05:58PM
Posted by: Kev188
Just lod_0 !!!
And the textures of course !!
Thanks Marc
and good luck on the Uni !
Date: October 19, 2004 06:02PM
Kev188 - On its way.
gap177 - No prob. PS: Are you from Canada?
jloo - Try my WinRar idea, from the post immediately before yours.
Date: October 19, 2004 06:11PM
@marclister

It's not working :(
i still get the error
Date: October 19, 2004 06:11PM
@Marc....Yeah,live 100k west of Toronto,Ontario in Kitchener.

Thanks again.

Glenn(Cdn)
Date: October 19, 2004 06:17PM
@gap177 - Nice, got family on Vancouver Island in BC.
jloo - Did you unpack the exe to get the files manually? I don't mean use WinRar to open the zip files and run the exes, I mean to unpack the exes so that the files inside are revealed.

If this doesn't work, PM me with what tracks you need and I may be able to help. I've got some of the cars, but I've deleted the 2,3 and 4 lods that came with the cars. I only use lod_0s so I delete them to save space.

If you use lod0s only, I can probably help, if you use all lods, I'll see what I can do.
Date: October 19, 2004 06:21PM
@marclister

How do i unpack the exe ???
Date: October 19, 2004 06:21PM
Posted by: Muks_C
oh yeah, i forgot to add that you need to add 'hi_' to the begining of the tex files, as mentioned above.

i did that with the mclaren and it worked straight away.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: October 19, 2004 06:32PM
jloo - Either right-click on a exe and click on one of the Extract buttons that WinRar has. If you don't see these, open WinRar. Then open one of the exe files, you should see the files inside and then be able to extrac them to a folder.
Date: October 19, 2004 06:39PM
thank for all guys i got it working
in winrar you need to press VIEW when standing on the installer.exe
and than extrack all files to a directory and THEN use the
installer

great cars Enzo
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy