Help

Posted by hecman 
Help
Date: October 17, 2004 03:39AM
Posted by: hecman
Hi everybody, I´m looking for some help. I used to run my GP4 on a older PC (PIII-600, 256 Mb SDRAM, Geforce2-MX200-32Mb) and it worked. Now I have an PIV-1.5 with 256 Mb DDR and the same GPU but the game doesn´t run. What´s wrong ?. Thanks. I installed my old copy of GP3 and it runs pretty fine
Re: Help
Date: October 17, 2004 11:34AM
Posted by: Lo2k
One word: Hyper-threading.

Check sticky post on top of the forum, please.

Date: October 17, 2004 11:47AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
On a 1.5 ghz P4? I dont think they have it....

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: October 17, 2004 06:26PM
Yes I believed that too, but this PIV is not HT. The point is GP4 does not run, and I cant any error mesage from the OS ( I forgot to mentioned but it`s Win XP Proffesional). The funniest thing is that GP4 was running on the older PC even with Win XP.
Date: October 17, 2004 06:57PM
@-qwerty-: Effective remark :)

@Hecman: How did you reinstall GP4 ? did you start from ground and CD again or did you copy it from your old comp or else... ?

Date: October 17, 2004 09:07PM
I made a new installation fron the CD. I was thinking if the mainboard has something to do with it. It´s an Intel D845GRBV2. Thanks a lot
Date: October 18, 2004 11:12AM
Well, did the game installed fine ?
And what's happening when you double-click the gp4.exe (not any shortcut) ?
Could you see initial video at least ?

Date: October 19, 2004 06:07AM
The game installation has no problems. I tried the shortcut, looked for the .exe in the game folder but nothing worked.
No video, no error messages. Nothing, it seems that it loads ( blinking of the hard disk led...) but simply it crahes. I tried to load it with GPXPatch
3.82 but nothing changed. I selected the different types of processors from GPXpatch ( ALL / 0 ) but nothing ocurred. I also looked for a NO-CD patch but it didn´t work.
BTW : Please excuse my poor English but muy native language is Spanish.
Thanks a lot.
Date: October 19, 2004 11:01AM
Well, did you install DirectX 7/8/9/9b/9c ? :)
Be sure to download latest driver for your graphical card too.

Date: October 21, 2004 06:47AM
Hi, DirectX version is 9.0b, and the graphics card driver are Detonator 61.77 for win2kxp ( an Nvidia Geforce2 MX-200 card ).
BTW in a couple days i will try to reinstall it and I think that the debug mode of the GPXpatch will be helpfull..., I mean trying to find any clue with the .log files. What do you think.?
Best regards.

Héctor M
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy