Posted by Doctor 
Re: Williams FW 26B preview
Date: October 15, 2004 10:57PM
Posted by: ralphi
Briere Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ok, here is the hard argument proving that nothing
> is borrowed from Wai's shape

sorry but you must be a dumbass... look at the polys on the suspension, breakes.. twin keel the rear wing... and most of the parts we can't really see.. but look at those i said and you'll see they are the exact same thing!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2004 10:57PM by ralphi.
Date: October 15, 2004 11:06PM
Posted by: six degrees
hmm.... don't think I'd agree with you there math...

the twin keel, all the suspension and the entire rear wing are, poly for poly, identical.
Date: October 15, 2004 11:06PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
yup they are identical poly for poly on those parts.

Date: October 15, 2004 11:08PM
winglets are the same too..

Date: October 15, 2004 11:11PM
mirrors are the same..

Date: October 15, 2004 11:22PM
Posted by: Briere
err no :s
Date: October 15, 2004 11:24PM
Posted by: six degrees
explain ;-)
Date: October 15, 2004 11:27PM
Posted by: Briere
I can see several polys that arent the same between both cars' mirrors, especially on the top
Date: October 15, 2004 11:27PM
ohh.. mirrors.. yes well i looked on that too. i was wrong there.. so that's my bad,.. :(

Date: October 15, 2004 11:32PM
Posted by: F1Master
As far as the main portion of the car is concerned they look completely different. The only real thing that looks identical between the two is the rear wing.

WilliamsF1 Supporters

AMD Athlon64 3400, 512mb Corsair XMS3200LL memory, Asus K8V Deluxe mobo, Powercolor Radeon X800 Pro VIVO, 160G Maxtor HD, Soundblaster Audigy, Windows XP SP2.
Date: October 15, 2004 11:36PM
Posted by: dolinseks
I like the car, and I think, that its very good, for the first "job". Maybe some parts are from Wai`s car, maybe not, but the car is much different, than the one from Wai`s. I think, that the only thing, that needs to be changed on the car a bit, are sidepods. Also, I think, that many of carshape makers started from GP4 01 cars, and not from zero. So, I dont think, that its wrong to start from newer car, if you completely redesign it (which this car is, apart from the sidepods maybe), and its written in the readme, that the car wasnt built completely from scratch, but that some parts are borrowed and redisigned from other autor`s car. So, calm down guys, all of you.
Date: October 15, 2004 11:38PM
hmm.. ok fair enough.. but he said it was built from scratch... so that measn he didn't use any other parts from other people?! but he did.. then when we said he did he said nooo..

Date: October 16, 2004 01:27AM
Posted by: Spike02
right, so after coming back to the forum after a few days without net connection, i see that there's a rather heated debate about whether or not this was leeched. now after looking at the wireframe shots i can say that i definately can see parts of the car which came from my FW26 shape, namely the suspensions, twin keel, winglets, whole rear wing (even down to the exact poly arrangement), turning vanes etc.

i can understand that people try hard to impress the community with their works and i actively support that, but what i am utterly fed up with is the fact that these authors claim 100% originality of the car when it's clear to see that it isn't. in fact, i can see Erik's FW25 nosecone and Dahie's cockpit in that car.

people may get the impression that i'm being too possesive about my works but i always maintained that if i was ever consulted upon about any modifications i would have absolutely no problem with that. ffs just look at intweb's case. he came to me. he was always being honest about the whole affair and only because of that i offered to even give him a helping hand.

now i know i'm gonna make some enemies having said this but i for one am truely fed up with some certain people's attitude to leeched works and as a result i've decided that the MP4-19B will be the last car the community will see from me. any future project's i'll port over to F1C 2005 perhaps including the F2004 template.
Date: October 16, 2004 01:40AM
Posted by: Tahlendorf
Sorry for the misunderstanding in my words... I´m spanish and explain some terms in english is a fact hard to me... I haven´t got the level of english language I want to use...
I don´t know from what car Marosci started the car... I´m waiting for him on MSN because he is at work.

I WERE STARTED FROM SCRATCH the textures... sorry if I used wrong words to explain it, but my english is not the best...

Wops, the email direction at gmail was wrong... Borja was on the right...
is pedro.ruizguillermo@gmail.com

....Now I have speak with Marosci... He started the car from a ´03 Season Car, but he doesn´t remember well what car was or his authors... Nothing about taking parts of other cars.. Every part of the car has been edited by him very hard to make it like a real FW26b... We know a pair of mistakes in the air-holes at the sidepods (real Williams has got 8.. our car only 5) and the noseCam (in real is on left side and in ours is on the right by mistake). The rear wing is a ´03 rear wing modified to this seson williams car.....
Other project is to make a Renault starting from a Ferrari´04 shape...
More screens of the Wireframe...

Wai.. if you want to compare the shapes, I gladly can sent to you...
I really am against people who steal works and claim that are 100% done by him and later you can see that he only has done some little modifications...
I´m a good friend of Marosci, he´s starting with it best purposes, like me...
Please, can you take a closer look to the shape?

REGARDS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2004 01:48AM by Tahlendorf.
Date: October 16, 2004 01:45AM
Here here, good move Wai.

It will be disappointing to have no new shapes, but this is the only way.
Also i have to say now we know about this shape i have to say this.

Ellis this is not just me but a few other people have noticed that you seem to take sides randomly in any argument that comes up in this forum and frankly it becomes quite confusing to see whos side your actually on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2004 01:48AM by 97kirkc.
Date: October 16, 2004 01:56AM
Posted by: DjFeDiS
First i am going to try to erxpress me in englsih by the best way possible , so you can understand me well.
Well, I think that all of you are wrong, fistr of all, because you started to insult, or accuse something that you haven´t got 2 pictures of one or other work to say" look this is similar like the other work". Then I think that some of us only want to bother solely, because the other car designer was the person who can only say if that work is like himself. I read that he doesn´t got internet connection, and that could be a rpoblem. Well Finally i thikc that all of us will
wait to Wai's to tell us the true. I know Tahlendorf works, and Marosci and I mind that they arent steallers, knowing that marosci started to use computers since 4 or 5 months only ... and that Tahlendorf is and excelent Painter.
Thank´s Very much and i wait that all of us understant me if not please contact me at my mail : fedeprimo@hotmail.com or fedeprimo@gmail.com
Date: October 16, 2004 02:06AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Ellis this is not just me but a few other people have noticed that you seem to take sides randomly in any argument that comes up in this forum and frankly it becomes quite confusing to see whos side your actually on.

I choose the side which i think is right at the time. So this work was leeched? My point still stands. If a decent looking car comes laong everyone starts shouting about how it looks like another persons car. Its getting to the point where its pathetic. Why bother making something if someones just gona point out that it looks like someone else's?

I do not take "random" sides, i take the side which i belive was right, and if that is different to other people then so be it

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 16, 2004 02:08AM
But people such as myself and others only post if it looks slightly the same as other peoples cars as some of us work closely with Wai and other designers in the creation stages of their work. so we only post if we are pretty sure, and oh look we were partly right in the end. So why cant youjust say "Oh sorry my mistake"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2004 02:17AM by 97kirkc.
Date: October 16, 2004 02:37AM
Posted by: Tahlendorf
Wai... I really apreciate your works, You are the best carshaper in the world in my opinion
I have spoke with my mate and he said me he started from a ´03 season car... no stealing parts... every part has been modified to get to a ´04 Fw26b shape...
I never said the car was made from scratch... I said my paintings were from scractch, starting in the mapping Marosci sent me...
I don´t know what car he started in, and I don´t know if he asked permission to modify that... Sorry if that disappoint someone... We are tying to make things better way possible... even if it´s a bit late to ask permission...

And it´s a sad news to hear that you will not model any other shape to GP4...
Man you ROCKS!!!... Really it´s a sad news...

Back to the discussion... please contact me at pedro_ruiz_guillermo@hotmail.com or at pedro.ruizguillermo@gmail.com and I will sent you the shape to take a look...

BEST REGARDS FROM SPAIN
Date: October 16, 2004 02:50AM
Sweet jesus, so after all of this it isnt a from scratch car after all but a 03 based car. Tahlendorf you really need to get a shaper that doesnt lie to you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy