Williams FW 26B preview

Posted by Doctor 
Re: Williams FW 26B preview
Date: October 15, 2004 08:31PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
e_schumi to lay everything to doubt can you post some zmodeler screensshots showing the wireframe of the car.

Date: October 15, 2004 08:37PM
Posted by: Tahlendorf
Hello, I´m the author of the textures of this car... It´s my first serious project, all my works before were fantasy cars in GPxCarPainting...
It has taken me veeery much time, and I made them from scratch... no templates, no stealing parts... just photos of the last Grand Prix´s and PhotoShop... Maybe it´ll be a template of the car, but some parts in the mapping are placed a little bit.... confused??? The layers of shading, bodyworks details and highlights are pretty well functional...

Marosci model the car from the scratch.. I don´t know what car he takes at the start of the model... but I´m sure enough to believe he hasn´t steal any part of any car... he´s a good person, like me... I haven´t replied sooner because I were at the university outside my city, and I´m a member of this forum since 2 minutes ago.. hehe

I don´t understand well what you say about some sidepods... the model or lod is work in progress yet... the shape is for Italy and China GP´s (I think) and in Japan some wings in the lateral parts were more... (hard to explain in english... more like Ferraris.. falling to the side...)

Please, excuse e_schummi, his post was in a "hot" moment... I can understand him, because he is a very good friend of Marosci...

All comments (well focused) are welcome... This is our first work, and we had got too much troubles with maping... now are near fix...

Oh, and if you can put an enplanation image of the "sidepods" to understant it properly...

Thanks and best regards

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2004 08:38PM by Tahlendorf.
Date: October 15, 2004 08:40PM
Ok we will forgive you lot if we cud just see some shots of the wireframe of the shape.

Date: October 15, 2004 08:50PM
Posted by: ross111r
It's interesting so many of you are attacking those who question the orginality of this car.

However i find it astonishing that the shaper has been able to recreate, poly for poly, the following parts of Wai's car:

Mirrors
Ariels
Pitot tube
Twin keel
Cockpit sides
Headrest
Rearwing
Winglets
Front suspension
Rear Suspension
Brakes
Brake ducts
Nose camera
Large flipup
Turning vanes
Engine cover

Also the T-Cam interests me greatly, its not Wai's no, but its the same size. Nothing special you might think. However Wai's t cam, as i told him

when working on the 19b, is far too big. Why import a properly sized t-cam into a car, then resize it to make it wrong? Unless of course u were

importing it into a car with a t-cam that is oversized in the 1st place and making it match.

I'll also add that Wai does not have internet acces at the moment, if he did im sure he'd have something to say.

Date: October 15, 2004 08:53PM
Posted by: Borjaserrano
@ e_schumi

Por favor, para de hacer el capullo. Te estas pasando tres pueblos.

Date: October 15, 2004 08:59PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
It's interesting so many of you are attacking those who question the orginality of this car.

Actaully im attacking the negative energy this community gives out. If something is not from a "big name" author then it is automaticly suspected of leeching

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 15, 2004 09:00PM
Posted by: Briere
good point Dave. we always have to start from nowhere, and then we'll grow until we reach Wai's grade :) (Viper, Dahie, etc. are included to that level as well ;-))
Date: October 15, 2004 09:04PM
Posted by: ralphi
for feck sake.. Ellis.. you seem to be in every bloody argument and you always need to be bloody right.. what proof do you have that all the "small" shapers and painter are being attached? i never acuse anyone unless i'm at least 90% syre i'm right.. and this time i'm more then right..

Date: October 15, 2004 09:06PM
Sorry but i think people are attacking it cause of the fact that it is blatantly leached and they wont even admit it. Im aware everyone has to start somewhere but they shouldnt start like this.

Date: October 15, 2004 09:08PM
Here is the wireframe....

And please... don´t throw @#$%& to anybody that is "starting" to make things good... It´s our first job together... and many people has gone very quickly to say that it´s a leeched car... It raises our morale to the floor... It´s not a leeched car, I started the textures from the mapping he sent me, we redid mapping once more, and more... when I finished the textures I post the 7 images in the GP4Argentina forum, and the shape is still WIP... It has got som errors to fix yet...
So, please, don´t be so rude in terms of defining a car of leeched or not...
The only thing that we can find this way are bad mud and too many @#$%& to clean later...

REGARDS
Date: October 15, 2004 09:14PM
I understand that it's your 1st car, however there are many parts that are from Wai's FW26. Im sure if you were to come clean with this there would be no problem, but you cant honestly claim that this car was made from scratch.

Date: October 15, 2004 09:26PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Guys, you are basically attacking the poor texturer! No need for so much aggression, from either side. If the designer feels like it, he should come and explain things, there's no point in bashing Tahlendorf, he only painted on a template!!

Ah, and the sidepods are a bit too squarish, it's what they meant :)
Date: October 15, 2004 09:28PM
Gui have you read everything.. we're not saying the texture is the thing that's "barrowed" the actual shape is..!!

Date: October 15, 2004 09:37PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I explained over on MSN ;-) :D
Date: October 15, 2004 09:42PM
I don´t know properly how Marosci started the car... but I´m pretty sure that he has modeled it taking a precious big part of his time. More than a week...
I believe that everybody who start modelling a car doesn´t start from scratch... I think... because I don´t know anything in terms of modelling.. I only know to paint well with PhotoShop.
I will talk with my friend/mate later about this, but the shape is WIP yet. I don´t know if he started from a car or not... As I said I only painted it the best I could do.

I´m a moralist in terms of stealing jobs from another person... Borjaserrano can tell everybody about this with an incident with doc_mamis in the GP4Argentina comunity...
I were the first to mark them as a leecher when I compared his textures with the ones of Duco Lammers & Erik van Leewen (or something like that.. sorry I don´t know properly to write his name...).
I´m a bit sad because of this incident, this is our first BIG job and we have done it (not yet) with big enthusiasm (don´t know if it´s the proper word...)...
First the mapping errores and rework on them, and now this...

REGARDS
Date: October 15, 2004 10:02PM
I can send the lod to compare if you want... bu I´m not gonna do it with the first that says "send me".... I preffer to trust in a "neutral" person...

I preffer a neutral and respected person... my mail pedro_ruiz_guillermo@hotmail.com or pedo.ruizguillermo@gmail.com

REGARDS
Date: October 15, 2004 10:15PM
Posted by: Borjaserrano
pedo.ruizguillermo?... creo que te has dejado una "r" amigo ;)

Seriously I was compared Wai & Bojan´s FW26 with last pic posted by Tahlendorf and I don´t notice any similarity, and if any similarity exists, as Guimengo said, only is produced cause both cars are drawing as perfect as possible the real FW26. Yes, the rear wing is similar, but not 100%, and I think is a nonsense to borrow the rear wing, because it´s one of the most easy parts to modelate I think.

Date: October 15, 2004 10:20PM
However Ross's post is very important as he has worked with Wai on the 19b and has seen how created the FW26b as well. and also the T cam post by Ross again is a very important post if you read it.

Date: October 15, 2004 10:26PM
Borjaserrano Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> pedo.ruizguillermo?... creo que te has dejado una
> "r" amigo
>
> Seriously I was compared Wai & Bojan´s FW26
> with last pic posted by Tahlendorf and I don´t
> notice any similarity, and if any similarity
> exists, as Guimengo said, only is produced cause
> both cars are drawing as perfect as possible the
> real FW26. Yes, the rear wing is similar, but not
> 100%, and I think is a nonsense to borrow the rear
> wing, because it´s one of the most easy parts to
> modelate I think.

you gotta be kiding me..

Date: October 15, 2004 10:51PM
Posted by: Briere
ok, here is the hard argument proving that nothing is borrowed from Wai's shape :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy