Shanghai Revcounter

Posted by Cool Runner 
Re: Shanghai Revcounter
Date: September 27, 2004 12:20PM
Posted by: quickslick
yep, i agree totally with Bigbrother :-)
Date: September 27, 2004 12:37PM
Posted by: raztahz
wow, amazing!

Date: September 27, 2004 01:00PM
Posted by: bluedave
@ fulcoboy, what font are you using for the timing gfx?
Could someone send it to me, it looks much better than the default GPxPatch one...

bluedave71@yahoo.co.uk
Cheers
Dave
Date: September 27, 2004 01:16PM
Posted by: Xero
Very nice! My only criticism would be the roundness of the speed bar, but thats a minor problem! Well done!
Date: September 27, 2004 01:56PM
Posted by: fulcoboy
I use Arial 14pts 700 weight :)
Date: September 27, 2004 02:53PM
Posted by: Lo2k
When Arcadish things come to real F1... Pathetic.

Date: September 27, 2004 02:57PM
Posted by: Fisico2k3
I take it you won't be making an attempt at it then? :)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Currently Driving: Watkins Glen Original
Current PB: 1:07.43
Using: Xbox Controller
Date: September 27, 2004 02:59PM
Posted by: NickKK
How can you people 'race' when you have all those things in your face and obscuring your view :S GP4 IS a simulator treat it as one :)
On the other hand that is super fast and quality work :)

Date: September 27, 2004 03:07PM
Posted by: Lo2k
You took it right :)
Real Original F1 revcounter was nice and professional but that arcade speed meter looks amateur for me, Wipeout97 had a better one but has nothing to do with a simulation.
Even if speed meter would be welcome in real display, I hope they will find a better way to display it (I'm rather confident as digital display has already changed several times this year in many details).

Date: September 27, 2004 03:14PM
And as NickK pointed out, GP4 is a racing sim, not a TV remake.

I'm not taking anything away from the makers, though. tehy look good :)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Date: September 27, 2004 03:31PM
Posted by: SpaceAce
does the throttle light up segmently or just as a whole

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Date: September 27, 2004 03:42PM
Posted by: fulcoboy
SpaceAce Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> does the throttle light up segmently or just as a
> whole
>
>
> The Beginning Comes Soon

For now as a whole but it can be fixed that you see ad segmently, but because my steering wheel is broke I cant test it, because a keyboard only has 0.0 and 1.0 as ranges.
Date: September 28, 2004 01:56AM
Posted by: Fullers
I agree whole heartedly with Lo2K. The first time I saw this I thought it was straight out of a PS/PS2 racing "game" and didn't belong in this race sim. I am glad I wasn't the only person thinking this. That's not to take away the quality of the work you guys are doing on this. Not at all...! Good quality work is always welcome in GP4 updates, but I just think this item is just a little "out of place"
Date: September 28, 2004 06:09AM
Posted by: BenAD
Must admit when I saw it during the Shanghai race i wondered what PS/2 game had they stole it from lol
Date: September 28, 2004 08:40AM
Posted by: Sil3nt-War
believe it or not some people may actually watch races in director mode and adding this just adds to the feel of watching tv.
Date: September 28, 2004 12:12PM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
I do. But the director never shows anything interesting. I spend most of the time flipping through the cars myself.
Date: September 28, 2004 12:35PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
i dont know what you guys are moaning at. its a great tool. it tells you what a driver is doing approaching, through and after a corner, we can see how late they brake and so on. if anything its more sim than arcade bcos of the info tells you.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: September 28, 2004 12:39PM
I wasn't moaning. It's great on TV, for the exact reasons you posted. :)

Date: September 28, 2004 01:05PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
well if its available for download we can all choose ourself if we use it or not, but i am happy that it will be made and already in WIP is!
Date: September 28, 2004 07:09PM
Posted by: Alex13
what defines arcade? I see F1 on TV is using that thing, and I bet you already know about the "arcade" displays some drives use in this LCD/LED etc kind thingy inside the helmets nowdays. Arcade is NFSU handling, unless some of you can drive this revcounter and the way it handlez is crap ;)

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy