Older Tracks

Posted by Max Headroom 
Older Tracks
Date: March 22, 2004 07:43PM
Posted by: Max Headroom
Since it isn't possible to make new tracks at the moment,"keep up the good work boys!" I was wondering if it's possible to change the graphics on the tracks we do have to make them look older, that way older mods can race on tracks that look a bit more like the year they reppresent.
Just a thought,
MAX.
Re: Older Tracks
Date: March 23, 2004 12:43AM
Posted by: chet
Is it possible to make tracks like Paul Ricard?? it has been made for F1 2002, so is it possible t omake for GP4??

And yes that would be an good idea Max if people could do it.
Date: March 23, 2004 12:46AM
Posted by: NS
try and learn to read the forum because you then know other layouts can't be done

and you can make older textures but i don't think it'll be good without a good layout
Date: March 23, 2004 12:51AM
Posted by: Gené and Tonic
@chet

We cannot make completely new tracks yet. Only graphical updates to existing tracks.

Date: March 23, 2004 04:41AM
Posted by: Max Headroom
Just for the record i do know how to read the forum, you on the other hand NS need to learn how to read the question.
I wasn't asking for a completly new track, i was simply asking if there was somebody out there who new enough about the way the tracks we ALREDY HAVE looked like in the pass and maybe was able to make them look that way again. By that i mean the advertising around the track, removing a stand that wasn't there five years ago or even some of the trees, that's all.
Understand? Is that a little clearer for you?
MAX.

Date: March 23, 2004 05:56AM
Posted by: erwin_78
that's possible, we also hiding pitstands on the pitwall. Doing textures/mapping tricks (adding 2 textures 1 file) so we have more possiblities.

Editing the surface properties (removing/adding gravel/grass/etc) too or editing cc line in some extend (for now the pitlane is fixed, so you can't modify much here)

WYSIWYG / F1: Overtaking has become a strategy!
Date: March 23, 2004 06:17AM
Posted by: Darko
what's up with the attitude of the "search button people" or "read before you ask" ... relax, no need to be annoyed ... just don't answer the post
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy