Re: BAR 006
Date: March 21, 2004 02:18AM
Posted by: team cason
Very nice

Thanks

Date: March 21, 2004 05:10AM
Posted by: Muks_C
stunning work, it captures the wide droopy nose perfectly. well done guys :-)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: March 21, 2004 06:38AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
I have a little problem hope you can solve this BOJAN without too much costs

Only kidding, nice inside of the car !

Greetings Steven
Date: March 21, 2004 06:51AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

Its beautifull!

Date: March 21, 2004 10:21AM
Posted by: Swooping Falcon
@ bojan or wai

do you plan to do a template with this car?

i would love to use this shape or your fw26 shape for my 2004 K-Line Racing team

thanks

Date: March 21, 2004 10:27AM
Posted by: chet
Where can i download the FW26? Is it out yet?
Date: March 21, 2004 10:33AM
Posted by: Swooping Falcon
no there working on it

i was talkin about when its out

Date: March 21, 2004 10:53AM
Posted by: Gené and Tonic
Once again, stunning work from Mr. Tarticchio

Date: March 21, 2004 11:22AM
Posted by: Spike02
@chet

ain't gonna be out for at least another month. give us a break, we just finished the BAR. we want to enjoy the 006 as well y'know ;)

Post Edited (03-21-04 18:27)
Date: March 21, 2004 11:49AM
Posted by: dolinseks
no joy for u wai, you and bojan must make fw 26! j/k :)

Date: March 21, 2004 12:49PM
Posted by: watercolours
wai & bojan; your bar is excellent. though not a bug, i have encountered a strange thing. if anybody can answer, i will be grateful. my cars.wad was in 2003 order (i gradually turn it into 2004 order as new cars arrive) and 5th team was sauber. and there was a cp_bar.tex file in my cars.wad which was sauber's in fact. bojan's bar didn't contain any cp tex file, and i naturally expected to see sauber texture when i get into cockpit view. but no, surprisingly that was bar's cockpit. i haven't edited any cp tex file for ages and it suddenly changed. the only things i use are gpxpatch (of course), gp4tweaker, nicola and acciarri's melbourne physics and perf file. no other thing, no team editor or no another editor. but amazingly the cocpit became the appropriate one. i also encountered the same with minardi's cockpit (it was toyota according to 2003).

ps. i have another question. most cars come with car_interior.tex and hi_car_interior.tex. what's this? is it specific to cars or is it a generic file like carbfd.tex? it seems it's a generic file since there's always one present in cars.wad. but what's that? since i install everything manually, i become confused about which one should remain. can any painter answer this?

To Kimi... "You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the Force, not leave it in Darkness"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
amd64 3200+ / msi diamond mainboard / 1024mb ddr400 / 128mb geforce 6600gt sli pci-e / samsung 160gb harddrive / asus dvd-rw double layer / asus cd-rw / coolermaster centurion 5 case / creative inspire 5.1 / microsoft wireless desktop set / lg 1780q tft
Date: March 21, 2004 12:52PM
Posted by: bojan_tarticchio
For all of you wanna-be carpainters; bad news. This car is really not ment to be painted on, because I did some wierd mapping improvizing, and you might get some complications, especially on Sato's car.
Another thing, I messed my 2nd psd file, and all my layers on 2nd texture are gone. Not only template won't be released for sure, but also a NT version will be more complicated to do for me.

@ dolinseks
We'll definetly do Williams, but not yet. I started Ferrari on Nicola's shape (great shape, btw), so Williams should be next after Ferrari.

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: March 21, 2004 12:54PM
Posted by: Dahie
Bojan, Enzjz and me agreed on a single file for new and more detailed car damage textures. And that's what the file is. Former cars often used the cockpit_damage.tex Our newer ones only depent on this "car_interior.tex" and they all share it.
Btw: Some other authors already use the same texture for there cars, Fungo for example. If you want to to so, just contact me and I'll provide you with the latest version. I'm also always interested in feedback, so if you have something to improve, an object missing or just a question. Contact me, too :)

Website | Blog | Twitter | CTDP: Site Blog Twitter
Date: March 21, 2004 12:55PM
Posted by: ralphi
wanna be carpainters? ohh.. now you hurt me.. you know i'm gonna remap that car and make a templet... no wait.. i haven't learnd that bit.. you were suposed to teach me.. :';(

Date: March 21, 2004 01:10PM
Posted by: b-tone
yay, death to templates!!

____
Tony

Date: March 21, 2004 01:18PM
Posted by: Dahie
@Bojan: messing your layers is annoying. I had it once and I had to redo one of my cars nearly completely.

But hey, I've got to tell you, you did a great job, the car looks very good and the textures are very clean and are good-looking.
It will be very hard for be me top this car.
Great job!

Website | Blog | Twitter | CTDP: Site Blog Twitter
Date: March 21, 2004 01:19PM
Posted by: Max Downforce
@ B-tone :P

lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appartement en minicamping te huur in de Ardennen
www.Ardennengevoel.com
Date: March 21, 2004 01:23PM
Posted by: watercolours
thanx dahie, one more question. you mean that all 3 of you use the same .tex file. nothing different is present there, right? if so, i think we should compare and use the latest one during installing the cars, am i right?

To Kimi... "You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the Force, not leave it in Darkness"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
amd64 3200+ / msi diamond mainboard / 1024mb ddr400 / 128mb geforce 6600gt sli pci-e / samsung 160gb harddrive / asus dvd-rw double layer / asus cd-rw / coolermaster centurion 5 case / creative inspire 5.1 / microsoft wireless desktop set / lg 1780q tft
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy