Cockpit 1994 season

Posted by Duffer 
Re: Cockpit 1994 season
Date: January 19, 2004 09:08AM
Posted by: JustinZiarko
ok, my wheel is now available @: [www.btinternet.com]
you will need to convert them to tex and adjust position with TeamEditor.
I also advise using b-tones LCD to mirrors set, available here: [www.we-do-design.com]

@ Berger_fan: yup, external wheel also.

Date: January 19, 2004 11:08PM
Posted by: mckey415
hi guys!
@Justin and b-tone:
just downloaded and tried that stuff - it's really good and usable, but i have some questions, maybe a little stupid... :-) How can i get rid of that on-wheel stuff (lcd display, tachometer leds etc.) and make my in-cockpit wheel look like at Justin's screenshot? I think i should make something with new_steering_wheel_displays.tex but i don't know what exactly.

@b-tone:
what tool did you use to edit lcd text position? i mean if in upcoming duffer's cockpit the mirror positions will be a little different we'll need to modify position of lcd text to fit it into mirror. maybe you can do it, if not - please tell us what tool should be used for it.

also if finally i would be able to receive a descent cockpit/steering wheel view can i compile all your stuff into one zip and publish it on my siteas a generic '94 cockpit package? surely mentioning you as authors...

@duffer:
Justin's wheel indeed much smaller then original one. so maybe it's a good idea to create in your cockpitshape a special placeholders to move on there on-wheel indicators (like selected gear, speed and what else is there) (surely if it is possible to move it all - it's a part of question for b-tone)?

what do you think of all that guys? if all that could be done - we'll have a very good '94 generic cockpit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
F1 A.D.: 1993-1996 - Future in the past
[f1ad.narod.ru]

1994 Mod Official Website
[grandprixx.com]
Date: January 19, 2004 11:51PM
Posted by: b-tone
@mckey.
I'll make a new version of the lcd thing so it shows the pit info in the sky or somewhere. putting it on the mirror has some problems - its dependant on viewing angle so changing the camera settings might mess it up, and if mirrors are off it wont show.
So I'll make a version I can also use in the 88 mod and any others coming.

To get rid of the wheel displas open new_steering_wheel_displays.tex and convert to tga then make the alpha channel entirely black and convert back to tex. That gets rid of everything. I think its possible to move some of it form the wheel to the cockpit shape (or dash) which might be good. But for 88 and 67 I just remove it all - more realistic I think. (i use GPxPatch for that info)

So yep, once I redo the lcd thing you can iclude it in any stwheel files. :)

ps-hows that 88 car coming along??

____
Tony

Date: January 20, 2004 02:32AM
Posted by: JustinZiarko
thanks for bringing that up mckey415, i remembered last night that i should have included my moded steering wheel displays.
unfortunatley, i had to make the wheel smaller, so that it correctly rotates around the correct axis.
about the generic cockpit, yeah, i'm happy for you to use what you like of mine.

is it possible to move all the LCD panel stuff onto it's own display, which would be on the cockpit shape? similar to how things looked in gp2.

Date: January 20, 2004 02:38AM
Posted by: Duffer
@Mckey415 : For me no problem for made this cockpit 1994 in generic :) For the LCD speed ... i think it impossible to create an area for that in the cockpit, because this LCD move when the steering Wheel move :( But i go to try something !

For the Steering Wheel of Justin is perfect !!! But i have the same prob of you :/ with the LCD.

--------------------------------------------

Date: January 20, 2004 02:56AM
yes, you're right, men. there's no tool at the moment to edit steering wheel elements locations, so there's no meaning to create special placeholders for them in cockpit.

@duffer:
i can send you modified new_steering_wheel_displays.tex file, so no steering wheel stuff will appear. or you can do it yourself with b-tone's instructions. it's easy. when you'll finish can you please post some screens of your cockpit with Justin's steering wheel?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[f1ad.narod.ru]

[grandprixx.com]
Date: January 20, 2004 03:21AM
Posted by: fongu
hmm, i just tried the alpha channel thing last night, but it didnt seem to work, or i didnt do it right, can someone send me the file please?

[edit] got it now, updated the wrong wad :/ but let me know if you change anything :) [/edit]

Post Edited (01-20-04 11:21)

Date: January 20, 2004 04:11AM
If anyone can send me the shape of the steering Wheel without the LCD ... I want because i don't arrive to put out it :(

Post Edited (01-20-04 12:29)

Date: January 20, 2004 04:30AM
@fongu:
check your mailbox

[f1ad.narod.ru]

[grandprixx.com]
Date: January 20, 2004 04:33AM
thanks mckey :)

Date: January 25, 2004 10:16PM
so, when it'll be released?

[f1ad.narod.ru]

[grandprixx.com]
Date: January 26, 2004 03:07AM
It release soon now, i work on RealGPx website with Lo2K for re-open it. We re-open it tuesday later, i think i release it tomorrow !

Post Edited (01-26-04 10:08)

Date: January 26, 2004 03:36AM
does anyone want the pitcrews now?
if so, then i could release the tex files (named like 94: ptcrew_tyrrell.tex etc) so it may coause trouble getting them to work.
or release tex files in 94 order
or a wad in 94 order.

____
Tony

Date: January 26, 2004 05:30AM
well for me a wad in 94 order would do nicely :)

Date: January 26, 2004 06:01AM
@duffer:
ok, waiting

@b-tone:
well, you know my opinion. but please makae a sauber pitcrew textures

[f1ad.narod.ru]

[grandprixx.com]
Date: January 26, 2004 06:46AM
@mckey - it should be in your inbox :)

@fongu - i'll do something with them this week.

____
Tony

Date: January 26, 2004 07:56AM
Posted by: Berger_Fan
could you send me the pitcrews, b-tone?

gregalexander@ic24.net

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube
Date: January 26, 2004 08:31AM
Posted by: quickslick
could i have this Pitcrews, too? please?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2019 07:26PM by quickslick.
Date: February 12, 2004 08:38AM
Sorry for the time for release it :/

I build the archive this evening and i release it tomorrow. I promises it:)

Date: February 12, 2004 11:09AM
Posted by: Swooping Falcon
@b-tone could you send me you '94 pitcrew

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy