GP4 NOT Restoring through CSM

Posted by pippo46 
GP4 NOT Restoring through CSM
Date: April 15, 2013 03:01PM
Posted by: pippo46
hi,

it seems I have a new problem with my GP4, hence the subject of this thread, after I finish racing GP4, the GP4 through CSM is not 'closing' properly, in the sense that normally, after a normal shutdown of the game, GP4 through CSM restores properly.

I have Windows 7 64bit, & have AVG as Anti-Virus.

I never had this problem with the above mentioned system together with AVG as Anti-Virus.

Recently I installed 2 different track packs, & although the installation seems to have been installed correctly, like I have done with other trackpacks, this time I have this problem.

1; - GP4 through CSM does NOT Restore after shut down of game.

2; - Through the Task Manager I can see that "CSM.exe*32" is still running as a process.

3; - Also, when I try to change the track pack from CSM, although I can visually see the different trackpacks in the drop down list, I can select, BUT then, once I run GP4 through CSM of course, only the original trackpack loads... .....

I have tried uninstalled AVG Anti-Virus, just in case this was the reason for conflict or error, but to no avail. I have re-installed AVG Anti-Virus, & still I have the same problem with or without the AV.

Anyone encountered this problem?

Some help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Re: GP4 NOT Restoring through CSM
Date: April 15, 2013 05:17PM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
I'm not sure if this is a problem of CSM or the track pack. However, I had a similar problem with CSM not restoring correctly after I had made changes in a mod while CSM running.
Try to include a fresh, decrypted GP4.exe in and see what happens. This COULD solve the problem.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: April 15, 2013 11:07PM
Posted by: gitanes
When you select an UNrestored mode in CSM, the Restore button gets active. If you press it, CSM attempts to restore the mod by itself.
If you are lucky, this will solve your problem!
If not, CSM tells you so (usually there is a message telling you what file could not be restored), and then you have to work a little harder.
Look in the root of your mod directories (usually gp4\Gpsaves\Carsets). There should be a directory called "backup". Look inside. There is a subdirectory called as your mod and/or one called tracks (depending on what could not be restored). Each one of them (if they exist both) contains the gp4 data that are replaced by the files of your mod/trackpack and a file called "SwapBackup.txt".
Open that file and go to the LAST line.
Find the file mentioned there and move it from the GP4 directory to your MOD.
Find the corresponding file in the BACKUP directory and move it to GP4.
DELETE (!!) the line in the "SwapBackup.txt" file and save it.
Start CSM, select the mod (the Restore button should be still active) and press the Restore button again.
If you are lucky, ...........

If that doesn't work, i hope you have a backup of your GP4 installation!

My personal GP4 files at : www.4shared.com ______ My Blog at : Gitanes GP4 work

* Performance Files * LoadingScreens GoogleMaps * GP4 Tracks and Cars Databases
Date: April 16, 2013 03:56PM
@JohnMaverick

I tried following your advice [Try to include a fresh, decrypted GP4.exe in and see what happens. This COULD solve the problem.] but after I installed a fresh, decrypted GP4.exe = kept receiving error with regards to the GP4.exe freshly installed, consequently ruining my wholy installed GP4 & thus having to uninstall everything, & trying to re-install everytin all over again!

I nearly managed to instll everything all over again, but now have the same old issue, which I had a few months ago, after a full h/d format. Basically after installing GP4 from cd, & 9.6patch, no cd & gpx 3.93, GP4 as default works fine.

Installed ZaZ tools successfully, but when I am about to install a mod, CSM does not respond. Tried following the thread below, which at the time I managed to have d problem solved wit d help of our fellow online users.

[www.grandprixgames.org]

But unfortunately, I am back to square 1...... Am unable to intall a mod through CSM..... Just to be clear, GP4 runs as default from Original CD, but after un-installing & trying to re-install everything all over again, my problem is CSM not responding when I try to install mod!

Was blaming either AVG antivirus or the Windows DEP security problem.....

Anyone can help me solve my problem please???
Thanks

@Gitanes

I had already done d above b4 u posted.... :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2013 05:32PM by pippo46.
Date: April 16, 2013 06:20PM
Posted by: kedy89
pippo46 schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
>...
>
> But unfortunately, I am back to square 1...... Am
> unable to intall a mod through CSM..... Just to
> be clear, GP4 runs as default from Original CD,
> but after un-installing & trying to re-install
> everything all over again, my problem is CSM not
> responding when I try to install mod!
>
> Was blaming either AVG antivirus or the Windows
> DEP security problem.....
>
> Anyone can help me solve my problem please???
> Thanks
>
>
> @Gitanes
>
> I had already done d above b4 u posted.... :(

Do you install the mod by double-clicking the .cuh file or in CSM by "File -> Install carset/update"? The first one often doesn't work, I think because of some write-protected folders...

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: April 16, 2013 06:56PM
@kedy89

thanks4yr reply...

I always installed this way ->>> CSM by "File -> Install carset/update"

:(
Date: April 16, 2013 09:59PM
Try turning DEP off!

Date: April 16, 2013 10:56PM
@Gitanes

I THINK I did turn DEP off...........

Followed other GP4 link & also Windows link -> [www.vistax64.com]

Still not solved :(
Date: April 16, 2013 11:37PM
I wonder how you were 'installing' the decrypted exe?! What I meant was copy-pasting a fresh exe into the main folder, overriding the old one. But either way, it sounds like for now this didn't do any good. However, under normal conditions, this process wouldn't do any harm to your GP4, so the problem must be way deeper.

Like Nick wrote in this other thread, it's important that you set Gp4 to Windows XP in compatibility mode and, even more important, start the installations of GPxPatch AND ZazTools in admin mode already! Did you do that? If not, deinstall everything again, also (in either way) clean your registry with a registry cleaner from all leftovers of GP4 and ZazTools and then reinstall again, in the following order: Gp4, Start of GP4, GPxPatch, Start of GP4, ZAZTools, Start of GP4, Mod Installation. Then report back.

Date: April 17, 2013 08:43AM
@JohnMaverick

Thank you for your post.

I installed the 'decrypted exe' by simply copy-pasting a fresh exe into the main folder, overriding the old one, exactly like you expected me to do it.

Still this is when not only GP4 could not restore, but now every time I attempted to run GP4 as I normally did, through CSM, now I was getting the "exe error".. I tried restarting GP4, restarting PC, but to no avail, same s ame error... So then I had no option or alternative, but to un-install everything, & try install everything all over again.

So I again commenced re-installation of GP4 all over again, GP4 worked fine from original cd, & then followed by Installing:
patch 9.6,
Gp4.exe 1.02 (NO CD)
Gpxpatch 3.93

I then set compability as Admin to Windows XP Sp (even though I have Windows 7 64bit as OS)

Run the game and exit saving the settings.

I restarted PC, & then continued with installation of ZaZ Tools.

So far so good.....

When I came up to installing a Mod, this is when & where I could not continue, as CSM 1.26 was not responding. Besides not visually seeing mod being installed, I could confirm from Windows Task Manager that CSM 1.26 was not responding.

I tried several times "turning DEP off" through "windows command prompt" again restarting PC, but still unsuccessful.

So to conclude my GP4 can ONLY run in default/original cd , but I can NOT attempt using CSM , for the reasons above.

With reference to your last paragraph where you mentioned Nick, I installed everything in admin mode, so my problem could be as you mentioned with the REGISTRY.....

Itseems I have no other option now, but to un-install everything all over again, & try installing everything again.

Do you recommend any decent Registry Cleaner? I downloaded & istalled one, but nothing seemed to have improved the situation!

Anything more you can suggest please??

Thanks
Date: April 17, 2013 12:09PM
The other other thing I can really stress is that it's important to start GP4 once BEFORE CSM is installed, and to be save, also start it again without CSM AFTER the installation of CSM. But I'm otherwise honestly out of ideas. As for the registry cleaner I use CCleaner.

Date: April 17, 2013 05:59PM
I tried everything from scratch all over again.

Un-installed everything.

Cleaned my registry (I think) using CCleaner.

Installed everything all over again.

GP4 default, as installed from CD runs well together with 1- GP4_patch v9.6 , 2- gp4exe102 , 3- inst-gpxpatch393.

So up to this point GP runs normally.

I installed ZaZ GP4 Tools successfully.

Disable DEP in Windows 7 64 bit in Command Prompt.

The PROBLEM starts HERE; when I try to install a Mod CSM 1.26 DOES NOT RESPOND.

I am sure I followed the correct Installation Procedure, like I have done in the past, but I have no more clues & have to admit I have run out of ideas, & no solution can be found....

BYE BYE GP4 with CSM Add-on.......... = DEAD (N)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2013 06:19PM by pippo46.
Date: April 17, 2013 06:46PM
Posted by: NickJW
you need to run it as administrator and compability mode set to windows xp sp2 or sp3 ;-) worked for me

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Date: April 17, 2013 07:04PM
@NickJW

I did run it as administrator and compability mode set to windows xp sp2 or sp3, but STILL UNSUCCESSFUL :(
Date: April 17, 2013 07:25PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Just an idea : did you uncheck the auto-update option in CSM ? As ZAZ server is dead it could avoid you to use CSM.

Date: April 17, 2013 08:19PM
@EricMoinet

Yes "auto updater" is unchecked/not selected......

Basically one concludes that ZaZ Tools installed correctly!
Date: April 17, 2013 08:33PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Maybe that sounds obvious or maybe I am wrong, but did you set the path to GP4.exe into CSM ?

Date: April 17, 2013 08:52PM
@EricMoinet

can u please explain clearer ??? did not understand your
but did you set the path to GP4.exe into CSM ?

can u pls explain how I need to do this or to check if path is to GP4.exe into CSM

thanks
Date: April 17, 2013 10:24PM
via CSM Menu File\Options you can check if the path to GP4 and the path to the carsets dir is set correctly.

By the way, you said, you have win7-64. Can i assume, that you are using MS security essentials? If so, look in your CSM dir if you still have the files "csmcore.exe" and/or "csmprocess.exe", because security essentials reports a false positiv on them and puts them into quarantine.

Date: April 18, 2013 03:06AM
Posted by: phantaman
well ... I have installed the MS suite of antivirus/antispam (MS Securitiy Essentials) and this does not happen

certainly ZaZ GP4 Tools was installed inside the folder c: \ program files \ (x86) and not as recommended in c:\program files\zaz tools (for those who have windows 7 64bits) (I)

become owner of the respective folders and give full permission (writing/recording) is another action recommended (Y)

and this is ;-)

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2013 03:10AM by phantaman.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy