GP4 NOT Restoring through CSM

Posted by pippo46 
Re: GP4 NOT Restoring through CSM
Date: April 18, 2013 03:08AM
Posted by: phantaman
;-)

[www.grandprixgames.org]

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: April 18, 2013 08:41AM
Posted by: pippo46
@phantaman

I have installed both my GP4 & ZaZ Tools in my D:\ drive.

These are the paths;

D:\ZaZ GP4 Tools

D:\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4

On a side note my GP4_patch v9.6 is installed here ->>> D:\Infogrames\GP4_patch v9.6

Is this correct to have the following subfolders in this way, that is;

Date: April 18, 2013 09:02AM
@gitanes

Thanks for your reply.

via CSM Menu File\Options you can check if the path to GP4 and the path to the carsets dir is set correctly.

I have double checked, & the paths are CORRECT (Y)

By the way, you said, you have win7-64. Can i assume, that you are using MS security essentials? If so, look in your CSM dir if you still have the files "csmcore.exe" and/or "csmprocess.exe", because security essentials reports a false positiv on them and puts them into quarantine.

As I am not so 'tech savvy' I am unsure about the 'Microsoft security essentials' - if perhaps you can explain how I can check to confirm what you are asking, then perhaps I can reply accordingly.

Please take your time to check out this attached image, of the files I have in my CSM dir. It is evident from the uploaded image that in my CSM dir if I still have the file \"csmcore.exe\" , but I do not have the other file you mentioned \"csmprocess.exe\"

Date: April 18, 2013 02:00PM
I reiterate again that the tool "ZaZ GP4 Tools" should be installed inside the folder "program files\ zaz gp4 tools" [WARNING!! not install it in program files \ (x86)], no matter if the drive letter is "C" or "D"

regarding the official patch ver9.6, u must run this installer with the Grand Prix 4 CD installation in the drive... then copy the files to the folder "Infogrames\Grand Prix 4" (I do this way, but this is not a mandatory action ... is optional).

u understand?

MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2013 02:01PM by phantaman.
Date: April 18, 2013 02:23PM
well see ... u want to control the whole process of installing these tools and indicate the folders and etc ... u can even do this, but not much.
the whole process (installation path / default directory) is not followed as suggested, there are great chances of these tools do not work satisfactorily. you wanna do it your way and does not seem to understand that it is necessary to do so.

as said before ... u can change folders when necessary, but not much ;-)

Date: April 18, 2013 10:54PM
Posted by: gitanes
a. ZAZ tools can be installed into any directory you like (by me it is "G:\Grand Prix 4 ZAZ";)
b. the official patch ver9.6 must be installed into the GP4 directory
c. ZAZ tools need the 9.6 noCD version (GP4.exe = 5.9 MB)
d. regarding MS security essentials:
    [*] reinstall ZAZ tools or copy the missing file from a backup (if you have one)
    [*] do NOT run CSM yet
    [*] open MS security essentials and add the ZAZ tools directory to the exception-list
GP4.exe and gpxpatch.exe must be set in a compatibility mode (XP sp3 by me) and run as admin. (CSM needs not!)

I hope this will solve your problem, otherwise i wouldn't know anything else to suggest!

My personal GP4 files at : www.4shared.com ______ My Blog at : Gitanes GP4 work

* Performance Files * LoadingScreens GoogleMaps * GP4 Tracks and Cars Databases
Date: April 18, 2013 11:45PM
really? honestly, you really think that's it? never heard of dynamic link libraries (.dll's)? ;-)

see the screens he posted and think about

Date: April 19, 2013 12:09PM
@gitanes & @phantaman

1st of all thank you BOTH for your replies, but please excuse my ignorance, but I am lost here :-O

Can anyone of you explain better or simpler way please?

Thanks
Date: April 19, 2013 12:59PM
@gitanes

open MS security essentials and add the ZAZ tools directory to the exception-list

Thanks once again for your reply - can you please explain to me how this can be done ;)

(Y)
Date: April 19, 2013 01:41PM
Posted by: Jo-Anne
Look in the configuration options for starters.
Date: April 19, 2013 01:55PM
Jo-Anne Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Look in the configuration options for starters.

hi Jo-anne

thanks for your post.

can you elaborate please?

@gitanes

By the way, you said, you have win7-64. Can i assume, that you are using MS security essentials? If so, look in your CSM dir if you still have the files "csmcore.exe" and/or "csmprocess.exe", because security essentials reports a false positiv on them and puts them into quarantine.

I tired following this link, & was not difficult to do so; [url=

]MS Essentials - adding exceptions[/url]

From my post where I included a screenshot of my files, I added 2 files as exceptions = 1:- [b]CSM.exe[/b] & 2:- [b]csmcore.exe[/b]

I followed the youtube vid which I linked above, BUT still.... NO SUCCESS ;-(
Date: April 19, 2013 03:28PM
On a side note, has anyone come across a file/patch by ZaZ to run ZaZ Tools in Windows 7

Also as I have MS Essentials installed, would it make an impact if I uninstalled MS Essentials? do I really need MS Essentials???

Thanks once again..........:(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2013 03:29PM by pippo46.
Date: April 20, 2013 01:00AM
as said before ...

if the whole process (installation path / default directory) is not followed as suggested, there are great chances of these tools do not work satisfactorily.

Date: April 20, 2013 03:24AM
Posted by: mortal
Zaz Tools runs perfectly in Win 7, as long as the default directories are followed. Unlike GP4.exe is does not require running in admin mode. Do not uninstall MSE. You can exclude a file or a process in the settings menu, having said that, I use MSE, on Win 7 Ultimate 32bit and I do not exclude any file associated with GP4. If you do need to do this, access exclusions in MSE from the settings tab.
So, I would consider removing all of GP4 and Zaz Tools. Then clean the registry a couple of times using CCleaner and then re-install to the correct paths. There is no reason why it should not work as it is supposed to.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 20, 2013 04:38PM
@mortal

So, I would consider removing all of GP4 and Zaz Tools. Then clean the registry a couple of times using CCleaner and then re-install to the correct paths. There is no reason why it should not work as it is supposed to.

Thanks4yr reply....

I have uninstalled everytin, & re-installed everytin all over again, but unsuccessful!

I installed ZaZ Tools in C:\program files\ZaZ Tools, but still to no success!

I never had issues installing like most of you have explained...... It's only recently that either Windows 7 or Registry is messing my ZaZ Tools mod installations... :(

I'm really lost :(
Date: April 20, 2013 04:41PM
pippo46 Wrote:
> On a side note, has anyone come across a
> file/patch by ZaZ to run ZaZ Tools in Windows 7

>
> Also as I have MS Essentials installed, would it
> make an impact if I uninstalled MS Essentials? do
> I really need MS Essentials???
>
> Thanks once again..........:(

@mortal

Did you come across this by any chance or know about someone who might have this file/patch???
Thanks
Date: April 20, 2013 10:43PM
It does not exist afaik.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 22, 2013 10:56AM
Is this solved?

Date: April 22, 2013 09:17PM
mortal Wrote:
> Is this solved?

I really wish this is solved.... :(

So far no solutions....... still hoping someone can provide me a solution/miracle pleaseeeeeeeee
Date: April 23, 2013 08:49AM
Posted by: EricMoinet
The only solution I see is if it's not working with Seven you should install XP in dual boot on your computer.
For my part I got XP, Seven and Linux on the same computer with GP3 on XP and GP4 on Seven and everything is running smoothly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy