Problems in the following Viper's cars

Posted by aquarius_varun 
Re: Problems in the following Viper's cars
Date: September 02, 2003 06:25AM
Posted by: JackieStewart
read the thread! Right click on vipers launch application. If you've got WinRar, you'll see the option to "extract files" and just do that into a foldr of your choosing.

....................I quite like this now.
Date: September 02, 2003 06:38AM
Posted by: LarryM
Actually my car.wad jumped from 80mb to 170mb after making a cockpit change. Now it's about 190 mb. Weird! :-o
I had problems with order at first (I have only dl:ed the Toyota, Williams and Mclaren. First I forgot to choose GP4 order for McL. So I had two good looking McLs with Ralf and Juan at the Wheel and two distorted McLs with Kimi and David. Then I fixed it- or so I thought. After installing the Williams I had either 4 williams or 4 McLs. In the end I got the McL in and I reinput an older Williams version. Hav't noticed any graphical disorders, except the usual temporary the first time I started the game after update. Should I try the rest or not? I need some time to PLAY tis game FGS. ;)

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: September 02, 2003 06:45AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
At the moment, the only problems I have is that the Toyota screwes up when getting remotley far away from it, and the bloody BAR is mapped differently!!!! >_< Back to the drawing board with the BAR NT car!

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: September 02, 2003 06:51AM
Posted by: b-tone
Actually my car.wad jumped from 80mb to 170mb

you probably have a cars.wad inside your cars.wad - seek and ye shall find :)

____
Tony

Date: September 02, 2003 06:52AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
lol!

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: September 02, 2003 07:39AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

Done that before :D

today i got to play on a p4 2.4ghz machine, and i got these cars

Vipers : Ferrari, sauber Toyota, mclaren

and what i can say is I HATE HIS WAD INSTALLER, it somehow managed to install 2 of every car (4 mclarens etc) it was pissing me off

if it was done the manual way it would be ALOT EASIER IMO

Date: September 02, 2003 07:56AM
Posted by: Muks_C
Aquarius, delete all the ferrari related files and extract them again and it should work. Mine didn't work for 2 days but I tried it again and it works perfectly now. Don't give up!
Date: September 02, 2003 08:04AM
Posted by: b-tone
you should be able to right click the installer.exe and choose 'extract here' or extraxct to a folder'

then manually install it.

____
Tony

Date: September 02, 2003 08:59AM
Posted by: Welsh
Well having downloaded all the 7 cars and and then added them into the game: I had the usual problems as ppl have previously listed on this and other threads.

However I have now solved the problem and all cars are now working ok. It takes alot of fiddling and you may have to use livery editor - but I do agree that manually inserting your cars into the cars.wad is the best way.

There are faults with the installer of Toyota, BAR, McLaren & Williams - however with time and patience you can fixed these simple faults.

wd to Viper and good luck with your future.
Date: September 02, 2003 09:05AM
Posted by: Muks_C
I chose to 'extract here' for all the cars and the only problems I had were with the Ferrari, but now its solved, with no other utilities or changing of files needed.
Date: September 02, 2003 12:21PM
Posted by: aquarius_varun
Finally I am back from my first day in grade 12, yup it was kool!!
Muks_C, I will try the ferrari again.! thanx!:)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Date: September 02, 2003 01:59PM
Lets hope someone can fix the mclaren glitching problem becos even though ferrari is my fav car in real world, the mclaren is my favourite in GP4.It looks splendid! So real.......!!

Well about the ferrari, I am now actually trying to do the installation of the car all over again.;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Date: September 02, 2003 09:35PM
Posted by: LarryM
Hi Tony,
that was no joke about the car.wad in the cars.wad!:-o
It's true. How on earth did that happen? Anyway, I took it out. Thanks for the advice.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: September 03, 2003 01:43AM
Posted by: MViper
thank you!

"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: September 03, 2003 11:58AM
Posted by: matt
aquarius,try using mclaren texture for sidepod(i think mclaren_2) as an undownsampled one i.e.extract 1024x1024 tga with gp4master and load it into 2,3,4,it might effect your pc performance if using basic 'puta though.
Date: September 03, 2003 12:25PM
@ Matt,

I'll try that! Thanx! Perhaps u can send me an undownsampled mclaren_2 file:)

Date: September 03, 2003 03:11PM
Posted by: matt
actually forget that,just do the manual extraction from the wad installer and copy and paste mclaren lod_0 to the other lods,this resolves the problem
Date: September 03, 2003 05:30PM
Posted by: Addicted on GPX series
I´m having with the Viper´s BAR´s (2003 order sauber slot).
One BAR (16) is set to button and is working fine from close angles (delete, page down) or left arrow camera. But the other bar uses the sauber 2003 tex all messed up from close angles or when using the track cams locked at the bar, but when looking from other cars it appears like bar. What exactly do i have to do to solv it?
Date: September 03, 2003 06:12PM
@ matt,

I actually use lod_0 only for all my cars.All my cars have the lod_0 files renamed to the remaining.

And yes! I tried using only the high res and it didn't solve the problem.

Date: September 03, 2003 10:00PM
Posted by: Addicted on GPX series
Well, well... after updating all the teams to the 03 season, i´m having problems with the, the both jordan from acciari (a little messing) and with schumacher´s ferrari from viper. I guess that is with 2 or just 1 tex messed and ferrari i guess that just 1.
So please! I ask for help! what lod´s and how should i rename then.
And what´s to program for downsample the tex?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy