Problems in the following Viper's cars

Posted by aquarius_varun 
Re: Problems in the following Viper's cars
Date: September 04, 2003 07:57AM
Posted by: Addicted on GPX series
Just a question?
If i rename the sauber lods to *bar*.lod and the bar lods to *sauber*.lod do i will have this problem solved
Date: September 04, 2003 05:59PM
Posted by: watercolours
there are some problems I encountered. when watching ferrari (the car you watch is played at highest lod i think) I realized that it is OK when far (lower lods) but it changes into the default GP4 shape (only the shape, textures are viper's 2003 textures and have some mapping problems on default shape). I run gp4 at 1024x768 at 32 bit. but I installed all viper's cars at standard quality (512x512). similar thing happened in the bar carshape. Since I installed in 2003 order, it installed on sauber. so when the camera become close enough to show it at high quality, this time its textures become sauber textures and shape remain the same. The mclaren and williams is OK now but i haven't checked the others yet. Is there a solution?

To Kimi... "You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the Force, not leave it in Darkness"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
amd64 3200+ / msi diamond mainboard / 1024mb ddr400 / 128mb geforce 6600gt sli pci-e / samsung 160gb harddrive / asus dvd-rw double layer / asus cd-rw / coolermaster centurion 5 case / creative inspire 5.1 / microsoft wireless desktop set / lg 1780q tft
Date: September 05, 2003 06:55AM
Posted by: darrenj
Vat means downsampling??

===========================================================================
Core i7 920@ 3.8, 3x2gig DDR3 ram, GA X58 UD5 mobo, Powercolor ATI HD 5850 1gig, Cheiftec 750W, CM HAF 922 case.
Shop lifters of the world, unite and take over.
Date: September 05, 2003 07:10PM
Posted by: Addicted on GPX series
The Ferrari car1 is fixed after a manual reinstalling of the lods. I renamed the car bar lod 0 to 1,2,3,4, and there it was the frentzen sauber car (2003) with an perfect BAR 17 tex´s.So waht´s going on?
@ aquarius:
Are using the BAR at 2003 order or GP4?
If it´s 2003, are they working perfectly even from close views (delete, page down)?
Date: September 05, 2003 08:42PM
Posted by: aquarius_varun
@ Addicted on GPX series

My BAR is perfect.I never had a problem! However I still use it in original Gp4 order by manual installation.
The problems I have are with ferrari, yet I didn't like the latest ferrari by viper, so I still like the older one.
Mclaren mapping is now the only prob!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Date: October 03, 2003 06:34AM
Posted by: Paco
@aquarius_varun
Do you still have the problem with the mapping of the McLaren (the engine cover turning totally black)??????

I'm against sigpics
Date: October 03, 2003 06:43AM
Posted by: Forgotten-Boy
Date: October 03, 2003 06:46AM
The problem is in the LOD2 of the two cars, just replace those with a copy of each LOD1 (copy LOD1 from car1 to LOD2 in car1, and copy LOD1 from car2 to LOD2 in car2), and you'll be fine... tell me if that worked :)

Post Edited (10-03-03 14:33)

I'm against sigpics
Date: October 03, 2003 09:05AM
Posted by: Forgotten-Boy
How couldn´t I remember ... i did it once and worked , but recently I had to make a new cars.wad from scratch..
Thanks
Date: October 03, 2003 10:08AM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
I dont use Vipers Versions of the cars.

I use cdtp versions (downloaded from cdtp.de.vu).

I got the same problem with ferrari like you. Dont know why this happens but cdtp cars are a little bit bigger (in megabyte) than vipers cars.

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: October 03, 2003 02:27PM
"""""@aquarius_varun
Do you still have the problem with the mapping of the McLaren (the engine cover turning totally black)??????""""""

yes I do! DO u have a fix

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Date: October 03, 2003 03:07PM
Posted by: markko
Arent CDTP versions Vipers cars anyway? Or have i got mistaken?

Date: October 03, 2003 03:15PM
@aquarius_varun
read my previous post ("Author: Paco; Date: 10-03-03 13:46";)

I'm against sigpics
Date: October 04, 2003 06:19AM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
Thought that vipers and cdtp versions are same but cdtp versions are bigger (written above).

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: October 04, 2003 02:36PM
Posted by: DEF
There´s a big problem on SauberC22 too, the textures disapears when the tv cam aim two or three cars (next or previous) saw it at the end of turn one in Interlagos track.
The Sauber gets White......

When the others says you are the best, the worse error is to start to believe it. - Juan Manuel Fangio
Date: October 04, 2003 06:36PM
@ Paco

I always use the lod_0 files for all my cars. i.e., I copy the lod_0 files to the remaining lods.So both my mclarens are the lod_0 files copied down.But still I have that problem.Now it does not happen when car is away, it happens when we in another car come up to the mclarens(when we come close to them).

Date: October 04, 2003 07:07PM
@aquarius_varun

Try this, keep your lod_0, but use for lods 1, 2, 3 and 4, a copy of lod_1, i mean, you'll have lod_0 and lod_1 as in the car when installed normally (with WadInserter), but for lods 2, 3, 4 you should have a copy of lod_1...
I don't know, i just replaced lod_2 and that worked...

I'm against sigpics
Date: October 04, 2003 11:15PM
Thanx for ur help paco, I'll try it:)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy