Players please test these 7 cars for me.

Posted by ViperF1 
Re: Players please test these 7 cars for me.
Date: August 28, 2003 10:11AM
Posted by: matt
yuore not the only one aquarius varun,i stated above that the mclaren textures are going wrong,also williams ferrari and toyota.its not the way you are installing the cars,there is something really wrong with the mapping to the lods,maybe accairri and schreoder or bojan can give some advice to viper to correct them
Date: August 28, 2003 10:18AM
Posted by: aquarius_varun
@ matt & shutt1e

Thanx guys for replying.But as I told above I am using only the lod_0 file.I renamed it to the remaining lods except the lod_35 whcih is as original.So the point of problem in the lod_2 or 3 is not in my case since I have only the lod_0 files.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Date: August 28, 2003 11:04AM
Posted by: shatonska
i have seen that number 16 on bar is ok , but number 17 doesn't appear , there is a problem maybe , ciao
Date: August 28, 2003 12:08PM
i use lod_0 throughtout as well
Date: August 28, 2003 02:46PM
Posted by: Kill Me Not Speed
the only problem i have with them is the Williams, toyota & ferrari textures all go funny when watching from a distance. Probably because theres no lower LOD`s and the front suspension on the williams, the textures are not correctly mapped or is the back suspension. everything else seems brillant

Speed is a gift, use it wisely
Date: August 28, 2003 03:06PM
Posted by: shatonska
so , the problem is the same , moving from 1024 to 512 the tex , textures are not correctly shown , this is for Bar and others , problem with rear williams but maybe it is due to the tex at 512 , bar 1024 is correct
ciao
Date: August 28, 2003 04:36PM
rain lights not showing red only glow
Date: August 28, 2003 04:56PM
Posted by: DEF
@ Viper:

The first car I choose was BAR005 V3.0 cause this was the only one of your car that I didn´t like it. (Ps now I really like this car)

Textures: These text. are improve specially on sidepots I don´t know why but the colours seems better and the lines ( I didn´t like all dark as ferrari lines) are clearer and less dark, this was a big improvement on the looks of the car in game.
The other one important improvement is on uper surface of car, now the lines who separates the red, grey and black colours are nearly perfect, the all car now is very good.
A bug appears on sidepots wings ( I think flip up call it in english) specially on left side, this part of the car should be white coloured, the a look to right side too.

Shape: Aquarius is the man to tell you about this as he did to Wai on MP417/D but to big things could be improve.
The first one is the T-cam view the shape seems closer to real but isn´t simetric, this is a very important thing, all ghostrider cars are perfect in simetrical shape on T-cam view tell him or tell Wai who is the best in my opinion to shape the T-cam view.
The other important thing is a very, very ( I mean) wide cockpit.
I found something interesting on T cam view cockpits all of originals cars.
They have similar size except the Sauber who is a crap shape ( sorry Geoff)
if you look this car is wider than the others on cockpit shape.
So the cars made by 3d modelers are incredible differents ( take a look ) on this issue.

The car really look goog now like all of your work I hope to gave you a hand with this.
I download the car separatly fron the carpack cause the RCR distances got mess up tha car mapping.

MP417/D like I said is beautifull ( see cockpit is thiner than Bar005) but I found the same bug as aquarius varum at the beggining I don´t know how then disapear ( happens when you select the behind car I didn´t found this selecting car ahead).

Please ckeck the red rain lights cause the older FW25 didn´t has it.

I didn´t see closely the other cars but this time the colours are not close.
I mean williams, R23 and TF 103, have to work on that. I wish I could help but I try and I try and have no idea how to mapp a car with Zmod..........
The TF103 colour is perfect!! on Coreldraw pallette but it isn´t on adobe photoshop I think GP4 pallette is close to adobe colours, so the red have too much magenta.

Thanks you, Bojan, all 3D modelers and texture painters for their work you make the best game even better

Post Edited (08-29-03 00:10)

When the others says you are the best, the worse error is to start to believe it. - Juan Manuel Fangio
Date: August 28, 2003 07:49PM
@Viper

Well I didn't test all the other cars, but as far as I can judge is the mclaren.In my point of view, the mclaren is the best car as close to detail u can get.I just don't have words for it.In two wrods "ITS PERFECT".The only thing it needs Viper, is the correction of the textures when u select the cars behind or front.

@ DEF,

I will be glad to post pictures and compare to the car models as I did for Wai's MP417/d.But It was surely Wai's eye for detail that made that carshape the best.

Thanx a lot Wai.Hope u could just correct the problems I am having.(see above posts)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Date: August 29, 2003 03:36AM
Posted by: ViperF1
Yes , the problem i mean with textures is just what you have...don't know why it happens , %@%@#$!@ i hope someone can help me..

F1GrandPrix.net - 1999 - 2003 Viper F1 Studio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: August 29, 2003 06:42AM
Ok ,I have found where the problem is , that's just an mapping problem which caused by filp maps , i had the same problem with making the cockpit shape before.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: August 29, 2003 08:12AM
Wooohooo YES!!!!!!!YES!!!!!!! Great work VIper!!;)

eh! Viper can u please release ur final version for original gp4 pitorder.

Date: August 29, 2003 09:00AM
Posted by: bully
Great work Viper. Looking forward to the final release :)

Driver for RaceCar in GP4IL
Date: August 30, 2003 03:05PM
Posted by: tc92
Hi Viper can you make a file with the 2003 place for carshape and texture.
Ah i try to connect at your web site but the page is incorrect can you give your http adresse another time. Thanks..
Date: August 30, 2003 03:05PM
Posted by: Caelen
have you made a correction viper, cause i downloaded yesterday in order to get the mclaren and its perfect for me.
Date: August 30, 2003 03:18PM
Viper I´m going to ask you an important question????????????

How can you make a tex. file from a tga. file cause I found a very big thing on your cars, their looks very brighter and spacially the logos and letters inscripcions are really clear,etc.
I was comparing your tex. files with others even Bojan and excepting him, their textures on game looking blury for example Duco´s FW25 the tga is real good but on game too blury so What´s your trick????????

What program are you using for making tex from tga????????? Please tell me How can I do it????

I´m gonna be honest you are great, but please change the Renault colour is terrible.

Post Edited (08-30-03 22:23)

When the others says you are the best, the worse error is to start to believe it. - Juan Manuel Fangio
Date: August 30, 2003 03:33PM
Posted by: Spike02
Viper, i told you that your original mapping was the problem ;)

Date: August 30, 2003 05:16PM
Posted by: Caelen
DEF to make a tex file you can use gpmaster, just rename an existing one and use gpmaster to overwrite the .tgas, there are 4 levaels and gpmaster can automatically downsample the large .tga to fill the other slots or you could load the 1024x1024 into all 4 slots thus maybe fixing your blurrinass.

BUT first check to make sure tex-resizer has been used, this could be the reason for blurry high res textures. if you say rename a tex file that was originally 256x256 say and then use gpmaster to include 1024x1024 .tgas, gp4 will still think the tex file is 256x256 and downsample the .tga accordingly thus you are losing the benefit of 1024x1024 texture. You must use tex-resizer to change the value stored in the tex file which tells gp4 what size the image is
Date: August 30, 2003 07:16PM
Thanks Caelen .....

Viper I just send you a .rar file with your Renault with another colour
What do you think??????

Date: August 30, 2003 09:57PM
Yes , all other painters forgot to use TEXResizer although I have mentioned it for many times .
I don't know what color of renault is better , there're 100 sky blue in 100 people , it's the same as Benetton car before , so I don't know what color to choose.
I have fixed the renault shape.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy