Players please test these 7 cars for me.

Posted by ViperF1 
Players please test these 7 cars for me.
Date: August 27, 2003 08:48AM
Posted by: ViperF1
I have finishe all LOD 0 carshapes and textures , and tested it today , it looks exciting but I have a great problem , with the textures . I remembered that the last time I had this problem is on my Benetton B201 but I solved it by TEXResizer , however , this time I can't ... I don't know why ... if anyone can help me , lots of thanks !

The nose of toyota seems too thin so i'll fix it , and i'll do some LODs for the rest 6 cars.The mclaren is the same as the one to release formely.

Here is the pack [www.hanggao.net]

with WADInstaller , in 2003 order.

F1GrandPrix.net - 1999 - 2003 Viper F1 Studio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Re: Players please test these 7 cars for me.
Date: August 27, 2003 09:16AM
Posted by: Timzaghi
but what is the texture-problem precisely??

Date: August 27, 2003 10:50AM
Posted by: shatonska
lod problem ! there is not the _ between lod and 0 , lod0 instead of lod_0 , so they don't overwrite exept mclaren
ciao
Date: August 27, 2003 11:33AM
Posted by: Borjaserrano
I install the pack, and I only have a trouble with Jaguar...

... and with steering wheel positions...

The rest of the cars looks good:

With Cameditor I can change the steering wheel positions for all cars, but not for each team. How can I do it?.

All cars looks good in high cuality textures, but not in med-16 bit.

Post Edited (08-27-03 18:34)

Date: August 27, 2003 12:20PM
Posted by: Peter Dunham
@ Viper , ok i tested the cars Renault , McLaren , Toyota , Ferrari , , i didnt test the Williams, or the Sauber yet....

I installed them after renaming the files to suit and i run default GP4 order with Toyota in Prost Slot

All the cars look great with texture and shape however i agree the Toyota nose from T-cam is a little too narrow but i think the MP4/17d is fine , going by the all the cars from T-cam as this is how i drive from the Renault is a little too wide if you go even by the screen shots above^^^^^^
Apart from that they are fine , now you just need to lower lods and lower textures as my P3 450 cant handle so many cars so high but they run well at 90 to 110 PO for me.

Well done for fixing up so many projects at one time , a request for the release tho in the Zip or RAR can you have the files there for manual install also instead of just the EXE in other cars, i just like to manage my wads carefully and keep unused files out,

Cheers
Keep it up Viper and Friends Outstanding work
Pete

Refuse to Lose
Date: August 27, 2003 01:33PM
Posted by: fongu
After about half an hour figuring out that i had to rename the lods...... yeah looks fab.

Just a few things, im running it in 16bit textures. The ferrari on the rear wing, theres a small triangle thats constantly lighter than everything else. If you want, i can email a screenie to you. On the front wishbones of the williams, there are some white and blue marks, unless im really unobservant of the real car. Theres no jag in that pack, so i havent seen it yet. The toyota, well i sort of agree with the above comments. Yeah, just imo the front wings too low, and the rear wings too high. otherwise i feel its the best toyota out. saubers got a really fat nose..... just cant decide between this one, wais or accari&co's, sauber for 2 slots :(. The ferrari seems to have the rollover bar and rear wing moved and its taking me a little time to get used to, still think the engine cover needs to be chunkier.

Hope thats fair, since you asked for suggestions, Think its amazing really, hope your exams went alright

Date: August 27, 2003 01:52PM
Posted by: Alex13
Can someone post a pic with McLaren T-cam?

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: August 27, 2003 04:18PM
Posted by: Timzaghi
Looks realistic huh? ;)

Post Edited (08-27-03 23:22)

Date: August 27, 2003 04:21PM
oh nvm. I now have the cars. No problems with the shapes or textures....

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: August 27, 2003 04:40PM
Posted by: Vader
What does JV do in a Sauber and RS in a McLaren?

Cars look good by the way.

Post Edited (08-27-03 23:40)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: August 27, 2003 04:42PM
Posted by: matt
Ferrari car 1 has right hand side barge boards missing,most car textures go crazy when looking from a different car,i suppose this is your texture problem viper.BAR is almost perfect,just missing a piece of mapping on the right hand side inside front wing support(can see black in a lot of it instead of white).no textures going crazy on this BAR shape.
Date: August 27, 2003 05:12PM
Posted by: matt
forget that response about the missing barge board on ferrari,the car had just crashed in the game and lost it,on the williams how come the helmet position is so far foward compard to the release2 version,do you start again from scratch.i know you can change these positions with gp4tweaker but as i am using track specific wads i like to use all releases of carshapes as the season evolves.
Date: August 27, 2003 05:50PM
The only "problem" I could notice it that the toyota color looks very...pink. I think it should have a slightly more... dark color (red)

Date: August 27, 2003 09:21PM
Posted by: aquarius_varun
Really perfect Mclaren wai.Great textures viper.But I have a small doubt, does the steering wheel need position tweaking?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Date: August 27, 2003 09:50PM
Viper, I am having a problem wih ur renault.I renamed all the lod files to benetton lod and then, I replaced in the cars.wad.Since I use the original gp4 order.Then, I renamed the lod_0 files to all lod_1,2,3,4 files.So I have all lods as lod_0 files for both cars.I packed the wad with the appropriate tex and in game, I selected alonso at spain circuit.the game began without any crahses but ingame my renault when selected became a jaguar, even the shape was a jaguar shape including textures.I selected another infront of me on the grid and my car then became a renault.So the prob is that when I select the car it is a jaguar, when I view it from another car it is a renault.:(

PS:: Can u please include a option in ur final version to install in the original gp4 order like
Ferrari in ferrari
mclaren in mclaren
williams in williams
renault in benetton
sauber in sauber
toyota in prost

Cheers:)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Date: August 27, 2003 10:17PM
Posted by: ViperF1
Emm.. let me have some explainations please , first , the carshape file name is not releated to the real name in cars.wad and so there's no LODs problem if you install them with WADInstaller.
The texture problem is that when I view Ferraris and Williamses from TV-View , the farther car or both of the cars , the textures are mixed up , it seems that the game doesn't downsampled the textures ... I don't know why this is happening ...
And third , there's some scale work to do with the toyota , and I may need to choose another better color for that car..although the color is picked form the official website of toyota.
And forth , no need to tweak the stwheel of mclaren , the scale of the car is all correct.
And fifth , the nose of the sauber isn't wrong .... i have compared it from photos to the carshape..and it's correct..you mean nosecone or the nose near the cockpit??
the last , i don't know the problem of jaguar , on my computer no problem with renault and jaguar , but it's in 2003 order on my computer...

F1GrandPrix.net - 1999 - 2003 Viper F1 Studio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: August 27, 2003 10:29PM
Thanx for the reply viper, guess I have to wait for ur final release version for the remaining cars(except mclaren, it is perfect).

Please viper, include the option in final version to have it in the original gp4 order.

Date: August 27, 2003 11:12PM
Posted by: b-tone
Please viper, include the option in final version to have it in the original gp4 order.

c'mon! surely you can do this yourself??
its as simple as renemaing the lods.

Ferrari in ferrari
mclaren in mclaren
williams in williams
renault in benetton
sauber in sauber
toyota in prost

if you want the toyota (or any other) in prost slot, then reneame the files to prost.

____
Tony

Date: August 27, 2003 11:20PM
I tried it, I know i can do it but read the problem I had above when I tried it.

Date: August 27, 2003 11:21PM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
b-tone

I second aquarius_varun opinion to include the cars in original GP4 order.
Why...

Because all my tracks from Ricardo Lampert are running in original order and just the fact that it is a bit of pain in the back side because it also means we would have to rename helmets and pitcrews alike.

It would just be easier that's all...Hope can you help Viper.

Cheers

Buzz

To finish first, first you have to finish
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy