Players please test these 7 cars for me.

Posted by ViperF1 
Re: Players please test these 7 cars for me.
Date: August 28, 2003 12:27AM
Posted by: kjdesigns_2000
hey but i install the toyota carshape as from car20.gp4 and car21.gp4 to car_toyota_car1_lod_0 etc. and make the tga files to tex. bu8t the game crashes. can you tell me how to install the toyota properly. all the lods names and the tex files it uses.

Date: August 28, 2003 12:49AM
Posted by: fongu
Yeah i take back my comment about the sauber nose, i think it looked different to your other cars.

Date: August 28, 2003 01:51AM
Posted by: matt
mclaren has the same texture problem viper,the top of left sidepod when looked at from tv view loses the two red "ticks"
Date: August 28, 2003 04:30AM
Posted by: markko
I want original gp4 order too, I dont see why not.

Date: August 28, 2003 04:48AM
Posted by: Covfan
Just wondering, does anybody know what other things you can do to enable reflections? They just don't seem to be working in my game.

Date: August 28, 2003 05:13AM
The renault front wing on LOD0 looks wrong. Its slanted (well looks as if it is). What does anyone else think?

Date: August 28, 2003 07:48AM
Posted by: aquarius_varun
Guys I have a couple of questions, one is about the mclaren and another is about the gp4.exe

1)I agree to VIper that the steering wheel positions are correct for the mclaren.But I think the helmet co-ordinates need a teeny weeny bit if tweaking

Just wanted to tell.Its easy to fix, just experiment with the -ve y axis in gp4tweaker.
MOST OF ALL::::::::VIPER & WAI THAT MCLAREN IS NOW THE MOST DETAILED CAR IN GP4.PERFECT CARSHAPE WITH PERFECT TEXTURES.THANX A LOT GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

2)The important one.I had some problem and I replaced my gp4.exe with an old backup exe.So my cameditor positions were back to default.I had to remake them.Can anyone please tell me WHAT else in respect to the modifications will be stored in gp4.exe.Will the helmet co-ordinates be stored in gp4.exe??;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Date: August 28, 2003 07:50AM
Posted by: shatonska
the tweaker strores modifications in gp4tweak.bin , the cam editor modifies the gp4.exe
Date: August 28, 2003 07:51AM
Posted by: Timzaghi
@ covfan, go to your options, and then graphics, it may be somewhere there, or otherwise it's in the advanced menu of graphics.. I don't know ifyou meant that?

Date: August 28, 2003 07:55AM
@ shatonska

Thanx for that.But can u also please clarify for me IS ANY OTHER thing that we normally change for our 2003 season stored in Gp4.exe

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Date: August 28, 2003 08:00AM
Posted by: shatonska
into gp4.exe go modification to power and grip made with gp4ed , and modification made with the cam editor , positions of everithing colour of rims ecc. , modifications made with the tweaker i thing go all into this gp4tweak.bin , but the creators of this editors can be more accurate , they read this forum,
ciao
Date: August 28, 2003 08:01AM
Thanx for the info shatonska :)

Date: August 28, 2003 09:25AM
This time VIper this is a real bug.I don't now why it is happening.The mclaren is always perfect when I select the car, but when I select another car and see the mclaren from another car, see the airbox, even on top of the sidepod is black.I think it is a problem with the tex.I renamed lod_0 files to all other lod1,2,3,4 lods.SO to have a max detail car. and also I copied the hi_mclaren tex files to the mclaren_ tex files.My Gp4 is also running with everything at high including heat haze.

Can u please give us a fix,
Sorry Viper but looks like I am pointing out every single thing in my GP4;)

Date: August 28, 2003 09:28AM
Posted by: Timzaghi
It looks like you misnamed one of the textures, did you checked it yourself already? Untextured cars have the same color..

Date: August 28, 2003 09:32AM
Posted by: DEF
Seems, the Renault nose is still to wide and sometimes I donĀ“t know the car disapear and only the wheels you can see.

When the others says you are the best, the worse error is to start to believe it. - Juan Manuel Fangio
Date: August 28, 2003 09:35AM
@ Timzaghi

I have named all textures correctly.I use VIper's test pack version of hi_mclaren.tex files and also renames the hi files to the mclaren_ tex files.I did it for other teams also and I didn't have any problems.Only henew mclaren has this problem.

Date: August 28, 2003 09:53AM
I tried again repacking the tex files.What happens is, the car is normal when u select it.When u select another car, it sometime becomes normal and most of the times it is black only on the right side of the sidepod.

both cars have this prob when unselected.At far distances sometimes it becomes normal again at some angles.
I just don't know what is going on??;)

Date: August 28, 2003 09:55AM
Has anyone answered my question?

I think the front wing on the renault looks too big and looks as if it is tilting at an angle forward.

Date: August 28, 2003 09:58AM
@ markko
I didn't test any other car except the mclaren till now.When I tried the renault, when I selected it i game it becomes a jaguar with same jag shape and tex just driver helmet is of renalt.

Date: August 28, 2003 10:07AM
Posted by: shutt1e
@acquarius_varun

i don't have the car pack but it seem a lod problem, it's like lod 2 or 3 has bad mapping

try to open some lods of the mclaren with zmod and see.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy