Editing Track Surface behaviours IS possible and online

Posted by Lo2k 
Yep, i'm working on it.
In fact i was thinking i was working on collision mesh but when playing on a modified mesh, i can't see any difference else than strange shadows.
Then i got back to the file structure and saw some additional flags.
testing it again replacing all tarmac areas surface by what i supposed the gravel flag i get nothing at first cause track road seems to be store anywhere here once again but if i run onto tarmac offroad parts, i really feel gravels and saw sand smokes as if i was in a gravel trap :)

So i reworked on 3D Editor and here are the latest previews:

This way i discovered that there are no sand or grass areas at Monaco :)

Post Edited (07-30-03 22:59)

Re: Editing Track Surface behaviours is near possible
Date: July 30, 2003 07:04AM
Posted by: LS.
wow!!! :)

GP4 is gonna rock even more!!!!

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: July 30, 2003 07:13AM
Posted by: tux
great stuff!

(believe me about the changed order yet ;) )

____
Tony

Great!

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
;)

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: July 30, 2003 10:18AM
Posted by: Xero
Well done!!! Shouldn't this be something Madman needs for TracE?

Date: July 30, 2003 10:36AM
Posted by: Ellis
Xero, they work together on alot of things :) (including more than the communities knows bout, eh jon? :D)

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 30, 2003 10:43AM
ellis, thats rude :-o

they are not involded in that japaneese pron ring ;) jk

Post Edited (07-30-03 17:43)

I want to beta test any created tracks.

Date: July 30, 2003 11:42AM
Posted by: Lo2k
It's done.
Opening/editing/saving operations are functionnal, i just need some more tests to avoid as many bugs as possible and it will be yours :)

Just a new shot to show you:
I changed gravels trap at first monza chicane by tarmac behaviour. Of course, you will have to change gravels texture later as behaviours are not stored in the .gp4 file.
Then i saved the file, wadupdated my monza track and ran GP4.
As you can see in the screenshot, i went in the "gravels trap" without any matter as it reacts as tarmac as white tyre burn smoke proof it.

to b-tone: hehe, i believe you. I just had doubts but i'm pretty sure we can change track order so anyhow, result is the same :)

to CovFan and every other ones wanting beta tracks : Me and Madman are not track makers, only tools makers, so no need to ask us for tracks.
The tracks we use are just test ones needed to test our tools, they are not destinated to release on any way as anyhow, the tools we build will allow you to build really better tracks than these poor demo ones. Cheers :)

Date: July 30, 2003 11:45AM
yay, it works :)

Re: Editing Track Surface behaviours IS possible
Date: July 30, 2003 01:23PM
Posted by: Alex13
swell :P

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: July 30, 2003 01:29PM
Posted by: Ellis
Well once these are out are you making readmes of the basic how-tos?

Me B-tone and Sim have alot of work to do :)

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Wow yay ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Good luck Lo2k! Looking good so far! Nice work!

Date: July 30, 2003 01:38PM
Posted by: <Maverick>
Lo2k: with this new version of 3deditor, is it possible to COMPLETELY rework the tracks? (so if good enough, somebody could build monaco to adalaide) Or just making gravel -- tarmac and vice versa?

(Not that i want to push you on making it FULLY working, but i cant get it out of your Promo test :) )

Date: July 30, 2003 02:44PM
Posted by: Stan
its just the gravel tarmac thing for now cant edit cc lines yet

Date: July 30, 2003 02:58PM
Posted by: dave
Another step in the process. Excellent news.

Date: July 30, 2003 03:01PM
Posted by: calimbo
So I can´t change the layout of a circuit? saying... Hockenheim....??? or France or Hungary...???
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy