Editing Track Surface behaviours IS possible and online

Posted by Lo2k 
ull need to do the physicle track first

i guess/hope that once we open those to fences we can drive all over behind the pits.
but its in the col.
everything in the gp4 is just for show.

____
Tony

Yeah, CC Line in the col? I duno, never even looked for it yet.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
How do you view the track in colour?

ull need to do the physicle track first

you going to tell us how?

____
Tony

Re: Editing Track Surface behaviours IS possible and online
Date: July 31, 2003 08:15AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
oh this is more exciting than, erm, something exciting :)

inthose first few screens, you have an 'Edit mode' button.
i don't have it :(

____
Tony

@Ellis tell me where I can send you the tex editor because I sent you before and hotmail bounced the e-mail messege... you can send me your e-mail address (not hotmail one) or a place where I can upload it at sntgeorge@tutopia.com

Regards
Its np sntgeorge, B-tone got a me a got version

thanks for the offer tho, much apperciated

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
I Have a bad news because i did part of the job, displacing the fence to enter in the "new part" of the track to drive on but in game, i still can't pass through fence, so this file don't handle collision datas, only surface properties :(

So we must have to wait for Madman's TracE beta for now, appart if i found collision mesh before :)

To Dumass: Sure it works, even on A1 ring. It's the opportunity to see that on A1ring, developpers made a discret thing: using bandings gravels/hard surface in gravel traps to simulate half bumpy gravel traps. Quite fun to discover it now :)
Else here is a snap to proove we can do a 360° burn out on the ex-gravels a1ring part :)

Post Edited (07-31-03 17:57)

yay :)

mabey the collision is in the dat?

Quote:
"So we must have to wait for Madman's TracE beta for now, appart if i found collision mesh before"

C'mon, Lo2k. Don't be give up like that. I was given brief explanations about *.col file. Perhaps it was descrieb "collision data" in the exe, but it actually to be used for world projections. You can browse through exe codes that GP4 re-calculating tiangles to get vectors data. Don't be play around too much in the faces table. There is only four members used, three of them is faces index and one for projection flags.

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
I don't give up, just want to keep you something to surprise us in TracE ;)

Ah, I need additional suplements, then.
To boost my adrenaline. :)

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Very good work!

This is very good progress. If we can do a lot of things combined with the TracE and the 3D Editor then we can be able to make tracks. But we still need to explorer more in some specific areas like the col files for example.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Hehe, some supplement is already online and can be seen in the 'Yet new 3Deditor' tread' :)

About .col files, i think we won't have much more to discover about them as, as said Madman, it only have one flag : surface behaviour.
So we will have to come on the last and most important file leaving :
The long time heard about .dat file.

Come on, Madman, it's your job here ;)
Nah, don't worry, i will have a try too...

lol, this is turning into a healthy rivlery ;)

hehe!

I thought it was obvious that barrier collision etc. are held in the dat file?! Maybe i'm wrong! Good luck anyway!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy