Editing Track Surface behaviours IS possible and online

Posted by Lo2k 
Re: Editing Track Surface behaviours IS possible
Date: July 30, 2003 03:43PM
Posted by: bazza
I am definately going to try and use this at some point to contribute something in return.

Maybe an oval or something "simple".

Baz

Re: Editing Track Surface behaviours IS possible
Date: July 30, 2003 03:45PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Well, 3DEditor is online but server is quite slow...if the little download window show you a white page, just clic once on it and hit F5. Might solve the matter.

Anyhow, what it brings (appart new GUI, and quicker list refresh) is the ability to change behaviour of any face of the track that the car can encounter.
There are (as far as i know but i think 1 might miss me) 4 behaviours possible :
- hard surface (rails, ground adverts)
- Tarmac
- grass
- gravels

And all you can do is changing the "physical" property of faces, so you will have to change textures to match new behaviour later.

Another thing is that like I said above, road itself behaviour won't change, whatever the change you will make, only offroad parts will react following your changes.

Have nice tries with new editing functions.

Regards,

Lo2k

Post Edited (07-30-03 23:02)

i found a bug and i dont know why :) i was just clicking thru and it decided it didnt want to go back up a level (i was in gravle :-o)

yay! :D

Wow! That fantastic.
I never though that mesh can do lots more. :)

Great job, Lo2k.
This progress make me horny a bit. :)

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Great Stuff !!!!
:):):):)

to Dumass: : / hope it won't do it too often cause i used a new more complex hierarchical system and some things like that can occur till i don't check the code enough...even if i already checked it may times.

to Madman : Yep, me neither, i discovered this property just after sending you my mail and it's just controled by an integer value ! Too simple to be some Geoff's code :)

to everyone : thanks for your support as usual :)

Lo2k
how do you edit the col files?

____
Tony

when it asks to open a file, select the col instead

yeah, got that.
but how to edit it?
ie. change it?

____
Tony

Can anyone get me a copy of the batch converter? I cant change a couple of hundread tex files into TGA! I need the converter do to it otherwise i cant get anything done!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
I send you the batch convertor for Tex Editor 2.0

--------------------------------------------

i'd email it but its 1.4mb, so i've uploaded it and emailed the link to ellis2k. i'll delete it once you've got it.
hopefully it works

____
Tony

i want the new hockenheim!!!!*crying*

Post Edited (07-31-03 14:08)
i want it too.......*crying*
Almost duffer :(

That was the .dll file you sent, i already have that, i am missing the editor which goes with it.

Thanx for the link b-tone, it works :D

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Something tells me these guys are gona have to move there lorries!

Look at the detail!!!! :O

we'll have to move a fence or two first, in the meantime i moved one truck for them:

manage to edit the col yet?

____
Tony

Not yet, still having good look around. First we need to move the fences, with those fences there its impossiible to go anywhere.

but what after that? Physical track or shall we improve the graphical part first? Because it needs more polys in it

How do we do CC line?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy