Posted by Kill Me Not Speed 
Re: 2003 NT Cars
Date: July 21, 2003 07:17AM
Posted by: ross111r
can you see this now?

Date: July 21, 2003 07:54AM
Posted by: variante_ascari
just for asking....when you edit those cars...did you ask for the author's permission? =S
but still...they looks awesome! :)

Date: July 21, 2003 08:25AM
Posted by: JackieStewart
Awsome. could you russle up the Renault too?

....................I quite like this now.
Date: July 21, 2003 09:01AM
Posted by: Paco
ross111r, amazing textures!! I guess they are Viper's ones, right??
Would you mind sending those textures (French and British GP) to franfapi@hotmail.com??? If could zip them, much better, because I'm on 56K modem.
Thanks

I'm against sigpics
Date: July 21, 2003 10:23AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yes, i can see them now :)

Those are so good i wont be able to run them :|

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 21, 2003 12:37PM
Posted by: ross111r
Renault, Ferrari & McLaren. Can't upload the Jordan screenshot for some reason.

Date: July 21, 2003 02:06PM
Posted by: JackieStewart
Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please get these cars to me asap!!!!! SUPERB!
Jackie!

....................I quite like this now.
Date: July 21, 2003 02:46PM
Posted by: Toby Burke
My take on "permission"...

If there's a car author/builder that built their car from scratch that doesn't want me to do a NT livery of that particular car, just let me know here and I won't offer that car to anyone. When I say scratch, I mean 3D model, texture, sponsor decals, everything. Pixel by pixel. Because if ANY part of it is derived from a photo online, a polygon already in place or a color sample from a picture, then it's not truly theirs. It's theirs and someone elses.

I'm not posting my edits for mass download nor putting them online with a hidden hit counter to rave about my page visits...;) Nor am I asking or want any recognition in doing them. I'm offering a "service" to the players and fans of GP4 that might not have the time, tools or know-how to do this themselves. I'll be more than happy to sit back, keeping my minor work to myself if my offering to do this angers the authors within the community. I have no ego cart that needs to be filled.

I know I'll take a TON of abuse for saying this from some of the car authors and the moral police here. If so, then so be it.

My interests lie in helping what I think is a great sim become a total sim. NT liveries aren't a major part to GP4, but for those that strive for a sense of realism at certian venues while virtually portraying that role of a F1 driver, I don't mind trying to do a little something for them. The people that have asked me for "assistance" in doing this are probably like me. Enjoy the hell out of GP4 and just want to have everything a little closer to "right" when they run it.
Date: July 21, 2003 04:27PM
Posted by: go_go_alonso
Ellis

Where can i get your cart mod, as i too have the 12 -15 fps problem, it sucks soooo much!!!!!!

Cheers!

----------------------------------------------------------------
Fernando Alonso - The only Spanian to win a Grand Prix.
Fernando Alonso - The Youngest Driver to win a Grand Prix.
Date: July 21, 2003 04:34PM
The CART mod is not mine, but it is the production of Oggo.

It is on this site - GP4 - downloads- season packages - CART 2002

Runs great and looks it to

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 21, 2003 04:45PM
Thanks Ellis, why is it we only get around 15fps with the new cars ?

Date: July 21, 2003 04:46PM
Well Vipers ferari has double the ammount of polygons of the other cars, and the textures are made in stupidly hi-res textures

Would be fine....if we all had 3ghz PCs

Date: July 21, 2003 04:49PM
Posted by: sasjag
coz they're too high poly and textures too big, i have the same problem :(

however, Y's/bojans seem to have little/no effect on mine

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: July 21, 2003 04:55PM
Y's and Bojans have a little effect on mine, starts are a bit jumpy, but otherwise its fine, but Viper has got the only good BAR 2003 texture, and the only Williams 2003 one that works on my compuer with the textures displaying correctly and PC cries over his cars

Date: July 21, 2003 05:14PM
Ellis, in your Cart mod, are the cars in the right order with the helmet? I chose C DaMatta in Neman Hass and got him in a PWR Racing? Does yours have this prob... if not, can you email me your anim and cars.wad to decorusmortis@aol.com

Date: July 21, 2003 05:28PM
Ellis, in your Cart mod, are the cars in the right order with the helmet? I chose C DaMatta in Neman Hass and got him in a PWR Racing? Does yours have this prob... if not, can you email me your anim and cars.wad to decorusmortis@aol.com

Not my mod, its Oggos, i cant give tech help cos i know nothing about it

Date: July 22, 2003 04:35AM
Posted by: b-tone
why dont you resize or use lower res textures, ellis?
as for NT, i don't understand why the original authors dont release them. They should have layered .psd files where you only have to turn of a layer in many cases.
I've done my own set and the french bar one is the only one that i've had difficulty with.
As for hi PO with some cars. In the ITC mod i had big problems because i was using a 'good' 1024x1024 texture as a base to load,replace,save as the itc ones. problems occured when the one i replaced wasn't 1024x1024.
so using gp4 master the file you replace has to be the same size as the one you replace it with. i guess this is well known but i suspect some of my 03 tex's may have this problem.
during loading see if the bar stops for too long between about 10-50%. thats when the carshapes and textures load.

____
Tony

Date: July 22, 2003 05:14AM
why dont you resize or use lower res textures, ellis?

doesnt really help when the shape has double the poly count of 3 other cars added up

Date: July 22, 2003 05:27AM
Posted by: b-tone
ye.
i have a similar setup to yours and run full 03 set quite well. 26fps i think and po 50-150.
some shapes are based on originals and the textures work on the originals.
ie Erwin & Guyon's Toyota is 362kb but the textures look fine on original bar shape so its possible to use those as lower lods.
my jag is all 600kb+ lods
ferrari all 430kb
williams all 280kb
toyota all 360kb
bar all 360kb
mclaren 3 at 650kb 2 at 67kb
32.2mb of lods in all and it works ok. you could probably halve that.

my system is osmeting like:
512ram
40gb
geforce2mx400?
31.00 drivers
i think i read yours was similar, no?

____
Tony

Date: July 22, 2003 12:53PM
Posted by: Paco
Nothing, I got confused and posted here something concerning other thread.

Post Edited (07-22-03 19:57)

I'm against sigpics
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy