Maybe GP4 has lost the battle...?

Posted by MercuryGP 
Re: Maybe GP4 has lost the battle...?
Date: July 13, 2003 01:43AM
Posted by: go_go_alonso
hmmm, some people are getting very protective over GP4!!

Lets look at it this way, your comparing a basic version of F1C to a upgraded version of GP4, If you take them back to basics, then F1C wins by miles, as for upgraded...

F1C fans, goto

[www.m4driving.sm]

and

[www.m4driving.sm]

and check out the downloads, There is the Best patch for AI, to make it absolutly breathe taking, new circuits in HIGH DETAIL and much more, including many tobbacco and NT cars for the 4 seasons and thje 5th RH season.

Face it, when F1C eventually has been out as long as GP4, there wont even be a battle, GP4 will have faded. I dont want to feel i am disrespecting GP4, as i has provided many hours of full on fun, but you cant compete to something like F1C, and when its time to go, its better to burn out than fade.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Fernando Alonso - The only Spanian to win a Grand Prix.
Fernando Alonso - The Youngest Driver to win a Grand Prix.
Date: July 13, 2003 01:59AM
Posted by: Stan
dont be patetic that game is very arcade the ai is a joke not to speak of the tracks and the car handling
the only good thing it got is that its easy to update and the sounds if it wasnt for those 2 it wont be so famous

Post Edited (07-13-03 09:04)

Date: July 13, 2003 02:12AM
Posted by: badi
I bought F1C about 2 Weeks ago and I also thought, that this is by far the best F1 sim. But now i'm back to the best > GP4 !!! AFter a while, F1C becomes boring and arcade like...and the graphics are really bad!

SAUBER will be back!
Date: July 13, 2003 02:41AM
Posted by: brettly
I need some confirmation on this 1!!

Is F1 C really as good as its cracked up to be??........i went and visited those sites of alonso's......i must admit with the new tracks etc there is plenty of room for improvement!!

Anyone here with the game , could u give us a bit more inside info???, dont wanna waste the 70$(aus)(i think) on this 1 for nothing

CHEERS.
Date: July 13, 2003 03:09AM
Don't buy it! It's for kids.

SAUBER will be back!
Date: July 13, 2003 03:18AM
Posted by: markko
I have never liked EA games, on any platform. When it was a choice between EA and GP4, in the shop, I wasnt sure. When it was installed, it ruled from the beginning. Non-stop realism, excellent AI and incredible detail. OK, it may have aged now, other titles may be able to have slightly better features, but that happens. GP4 will always rule, where as F1 2002 will just be a past version with standard EA poor graphics and pathetic AI.

GO GRAND PRIX 4!!!

Date: July 13, 2003 04:17AM
FAO BRETTLEY

Dont forget, when everyone is calling F1C arcade and crap AI, they are judging it on the basic with no upgrades. Im sure you will have played GP4, when you dont add anything to it, they physics are shite, the graphics arnt that good and generelly it easy to get bored with.

Once you have added the NEW track to F1C, and the AI patch, its not worth playing GP4 anymore, even ive stopped playing it, and i DID think it WAS the best. But as i said before, with the new AI patch, New handling file, Tracks (different advents and layouts for EACH YEAR) and full 2003 season add ons, its better than GP4, only just though... BUT just think when its been out for a few more months... think of the possibilitys

Oh, one more thing... the new 2003 france (new end part of track) and europe 2003 (new chichane at the end) will be out with full 2003 advert boards in a few weeks, the WIP pics look amazing. Heres one of the early WIP pics

(France 2003)

(New backfire v1.1)

erm... how was GP4 Better again??

Post Edited (07-13-03 11:21)

Date: July 13, 2003 04:44AM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
Well played Iain!!!!

[Sorted!]

Post Edited (07-13-03 13:03)

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: July 13, 2003 05:03AM
Posted by: tux
lol :D

Date: July 13, 2003 05:59AM
Thanks Lanky-Lad, and it's iain :-D

Date: July 13, 2003 06:55AM
Posted by: Räikkönen
Hello.

----------------------
"To finish first, first, you have to start."
David Coulthard 2001

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: July 13, 2003 06:56AM
Posted by: aquarius_varun
Whatever any one says I say HAIL GP4.

The dynamic AI cars in Gp4 is too good.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Date: July 13, 2003 12:14PM
EA's games look really bad compared to GP4.

Who cares about new track layouts > GP4 has REAL tracks in GPS. The handling > That's the difference.

SAUBER will be back!
Date: July 13, 2003 05:06PM
what doesnt F1C hav GPS???....and if not is it possible to incorporate it in???

I am so bloody close to buying it today!

Is there a demo anywhere?

CHEERS.
Date: July 13, 2003 06:02PM
Posted by: LS.
F1 challenge is still lacking in the grip dept, theres still the problem with the car not feeling attached to the tracksurface like in GP4.

F1 Challenge has gone the right way about being able to interpret oversteer and understeer better than Gp4 at the moment, but the actual feel of grip is better in GP4 if not the actual part of loosing it.

and the track realism in F1 challenge & the other F1 series by Easports is frankly diabolical, i have no idea how the layouts got past any of the designers during the developement.

These track layouts are appalling, nothing like real life, ok with GP4 we have the benifit of GPS data but even GP3 with out that was miles better in realism than anything from the past few years by EASports.

i read on highgear forums that someone was attempting to change the physics and grip level more to the real life experience and was getting unput from someone that has technical experiece

lets hope that it comes true, and i cannot see what the F12000 communtiy have to bitch about GP4 when you look at the different merits

heres a link to the post about the physics

[dynamic2.gamespy.com]

Post Edited (07-14-03 01:07)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: July 13, 2003 07:06PM
Have u got the game LS?
Date: July 14, 2003 12:44AM
I have it and I can confirm L.S. although I can feel over and understeer very well in GP4.

And with the head moving thingie from the latest GP tweaker GP4 got even more real!!!!

Anybody wants to have my copy of F1C???

SAUBER will be back!
Date: July 14, 2003 12:47AM
Posted by: fongu
hey if ya giving it away then a cheap student over here wants to see what all the fuss is about ;)
Date: July 14, 2003 02:39AM
yes i went out and bought it on saturday morning, still prefer GP4 over it though.

LS's Tip of the week
Date: July 14, 2003 02:45AM

Post Edited (07-14-03 09:47)

LS's Tip of the week
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy