Posted by: NunoEspadinha
i know them for years :p

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Re: Maybe GP4 has lost the battle...?
Date: July 18, 2003 03:43PM
Posted by: LarryM
Photoshopped screenies my friends. Someone said that GP4 is easier to photoshop than F1C. I don't know, I don't want to spend that much money on Photoshop, costs a fortune.The cars are better in F1c but the tracks are better looking in GP4. Gp4 has much much better looking animation when you watch replays. But F1C has something.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: July 18, 2003 04:06PM
Posted by: genesis
"I don't know, I don't want to spend that much money on Photoshop, costs a fortune"

lol no one pays for it Larry :)

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: July 18, 2003 04:39PM
Posted by: b-tone
*gasp*

____
Tony

Date: July 18, 2003 04:55PM
Posted by: Ellis
Larry stop showing off that you've got a gfx card that can handle it! I was happy with my gf4 mx440 before now.........

I was happy with my GF4 MX....until today i bought an GF4 Ti 4200 and my frame rate went from 15 in wet start at monaco to 25, and 35-40 at other times, on full details of course.

GP4 never ran better, and its easier to drive with a good fps too!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 18, 2003 05:19PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Come on everyone, we should stop arguing over GP4 and F1C. Every person has his own opinion, and some people here are simply trying to force others to agree with them and say that one game is better than the other. Both game have their flaws, and I can say that because I bought GP4 about 28 days ago, and F1C yesterday. F1C has great car textures, and GP4 doesn't (I mean straight from the box, no edits).

F1C handling is simlpy torture, and GP4 feels as good as after you are very hungry and eat a nice pizza or burger. The sound on F1C is amazing, and GP4 is good. But the overall feeling of F1 is more suiting on GP4 (for me!), as you are immersed to the F1 world. The tracks are fabulous in GP4, and average/unrealistic in F1C. Finally, the driver's AI is amazing in GP4! and kind of weird/average/good in F1C.

But what matters the most is if the game provides us with fun and good times, and many people diverge on opinios over that. Personally I prefer GP4, but I wish I had skills and software to edit both.

This is my opinion, and I don't want to force anybody into changing their beliefs over the games. Plus, I never drove and F1 from 1999 up to today on every single track every year, to be able to say which game is more real :) But I wish I had..... but I'll leave that to Fabio do Carmo.

Just hope that everyone lightens (?) up and forgive or accepts apologies from whoever person wrote something. Instead of battling over words and ideas here, close your internet and open your F1 game of your choice!!!!

My bad for any bad grammar and lenght of text :)
because I'm Brazilian and you guys know the rest....

Guilherme
Date: July 18, 2003 05:49PM
Posted by: go_go_alonso
I like that post by Guimengo:

"Come on everyone, we should stop arguing over GP4 and F1C"

followed by:

"F1C handling is simlpy torture, and GP4 feels as good as after you are very hungry and eat a nice pizza or burger"

Contradicting maybe?

----------------------------------------------------------------
Fernando Alonso - The only Spanian to win a Grand Prix.
Fernando Alonso - The Youngest Driver to win a Grand Prix.
Date: July 18, 2003 06:44PM
I'm giving my opinion, as I stated before that we have our own opinios and should accept others opinions over something. I don't care if someone likes F1C over GP4, or vice versa, because I know what I like, and everyone who has both games knows what they are like and their weaknesses and strenghts.
I just put together what I believe to be the general feeling of those who experienced both games, not of those who only played GP4.
I hope all arguments and fights stop, because we will have many people angry for nothing!
Anyway, again, both games have amazing features, but also not so great ones. The final choice belongs to who has it or who wants to buy it, not to someone make a decision for you.
Back to the handling, I think F1C handling is tough, but I mastered F12002 and GP4, and I'm confortable with both, but I don't know which is real because I'm not Schumi, Rubinho, or Coulthard :)

PEACE!!!!!
Date: July 18, 2003 08:25PM
Posted by: aagancia
Hi,

Here's my "personal opinion" about both games. Been playing F1C for about a week now to give it a fair chance against GP4, which most of us has peen playing for years.

F1 Challenge

pros:

Good Graphics(specially individual cockpit per team)
Good Sound
Great Force Feedback!( this is a big plus, I wish GP4 has FFB this good)

cons:

Extremely Stupid AI (Imagine Schumacher always on pole and then always gets off the track in the first corner)
Poor Reply (Car movements seem unreal)
No mid race save game
Bad Tracks

Compared to GP4.... GP4 has

Far Better Tracks
Very Realistic AI
Great Replay
Good Graphics as well
Good Save game system(you can save the game at any point of the race)

For "Me" GP4 only looses out on FFB and Sound.

I'm never gonna play F1C again. Stupid AI simply makes me loose interest in it as I always play offline. I think F1c would have great racing only if your playing online with some friends.

What also discourages me is F1C's save system. You can't save a game mid race. I always play 100% race to really get that F1 feel, but most of the time, I dont have time to play 1h:45min straight. So I save it mid race in GP4. This you cannot do in F1C.

Community, GP4 has much better and far more active community of fans and modders. This is wht gives GP4 a very long lasting appeal.

Last, is Physics. I will not give any opinion about this. I am really not sure which is more realistic. The closest I have been to real racing was Old School Drag racing with with 160hp N/A cars and European style Kart Racing. I will leave the physics judgement to those who has real formula car experience.

No arguments please, again, this is only "My Personal Opinion" :)

Date: July 18, 2003 08:47PM
Posted by: Ellis
go_go_alonso, you are miss quoting people. what is the point in arguing if you can not even quote the person correctly?

He gave his opniion and you tried to tell him it was wrong it seems.

Seems like you lvoe anything thats F1C, and not GP4. Whya re you on a GP4 forum may i ask? Flames?

You know wots laughable? All the EA fans who said GP2 - GP3 wasnt a big step, was jsut updated gfx. Well F1 2001 - F1 2002 wasnt even updated gfx, just new and crap car textures. F1 2002 - F1C....better physics, same crap gfx engine, textures not even made by EA (but of course RH himself).

Thats laughable that is

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 19, 2003 12:40AM
Posted by: variante_ascari
:) good'ol Ellis

Date: July 19, 2003 01:16AM
Posted by: CeeGee
@Ellis

I quote from Guimengo:
"Come on everyone, we should stop arguing over GP4 and F1C."

and:
"F1C handling is simlpy torture, and GP4 feels as good as after you are very hungry and eat a nice pizza or burger."

I now quote from go_go_alonso:
"I like that post by Guimengo:

"Come on everyone, we should stop arguing over GP4 and F1C"

followed by:

"F1C handling is simlpy torture, and GP4 feels as good as after you are very hungry and eat a nice pizza or burger"

Contradicting maybe?

WHERE is go_go_alonso misquoting???

I quote Ellis:
"I was happy with my GF4 MX....until today i bought an GF4 Ti 4200 and my frame rate went from 15 in wet start at monaco to 25, and 35-40 at other times, on full details of course."

Hmm, strange - I tend to find that the frame rate is fixed, and the PO varies. You seem to have found the secret of variable frame rate in GP4

CeeGee
Date: July 19, 2003 03:49AM
Posted by: jawwad01
CeeGee

whats your point?

Date: July 19, 2003 04:32AM
Posted by: CeeGee
The point is: What is Ellis going on about?
Date: July 19, 2003 04:32AM
I have been praisung F1C here, not at teh expense of GP4, but otherwise. However having driven a few test races at Silverstone in the rain and in sunshine with GP4, there is no doubt about which game is more enjoyable and more beautiful. I can understand how many of us take a relgious view on GP4. It is divine.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: July 19, 2003 05:31AM
Posted by: JPM
Damn Straight

Cheers
JPM

www.zach-griffin.cjb.net

"Nobody has ever completed the perfect lap" -Juan Manuel Fangio
Date: July 19, 2003 09:24AM
Genisis said

"I don't know, I don't want to spend that much money on Photoshop, costs a fortune"

lol no one pays for it Larry

You should be ashamed. Still I would really like to know how I can get to try it out"

Larry
Date: July 19, 2003 09:30AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
176 posts......reminds me of a great bus. Oxford Circus - Penge :)

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: July 19, 2003 09:33AM
Posted by: jawwad01
Gp4 is Divine. IT is

Date: July 19, 2003 10:48AM
Both games are good in their own rights, so we better accept what someone says about each game. People can talk all the crap they want about GP4 that I will still consider it great, and they can complain all they want about F1 by EA, but if you take a close look, they are increasingly trying to improve the game. Remember F12000? It's great we have opinions and strongly believe in what we say, but we better allow other people to express themselves, but always remembering not to attack others!!!!!! ;)
You know what, give both games a break and go play MotoGP2 and Superbike Championship 2001 :)

Guilherme
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy