question about helmets

Posted by Pont 
question about helmets
Date: October 11, 2023 09:09AM
Posted by: Pont
If I select 1 car I can see the helmet of the driver fine, however the helmet of the driver of the car in front of or behind it is then not displayed properly? What could be the problem here? The textures cannot be seen, you only see a black helmet?
Re: question about helmets
Date: October 11, 2023 10:06AM
Posted by: fongu
Sounds like a lod issue.
If the helmet shape does not come with lods, you'll need to copy the file car_helmet_lod_0.gp4 to car_helmet_lod_1.gp4, car_helmet_lod_2.gp4 etc to replace the other ones in your wad.

Date: October 11, 2023 11:13AM
fongu Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sounds like a lod issue.
> If the helmet shape does not come with lods, you'l
> l need to copy the file car_helmet_lod_0.gp4 to ca
> r_helmet_lod_1.gp4, car_helmet_lod_2.gp4 etc to re
> place the other ones in your wad.

I don't understand whta i'm doing wrong?

I have downloaded 2006 Arai Helmet Shape With Template made by Eugénio Faria
Files included car_helmet_00.gp4, car_helmet_01.gp4, car_helmet_02.gp4, car_helmet_03.gp4 and helmet_stuff.tex.
In readme file i find following
Known Bugs : Due to a new mapping, textures previously released will not fit correctly in the new shape! A new 2006 helmet set is being made at the moment.

Is this the reason?
Date: October 11, 2023 11:32AM
The other thing it could be is a mapping issue with the helmet shape, but that's not something I can check right now.

[www.grandprixgames.org]

Date: October 11, 2023 12:18PM
Thanks anyway, maybe i have to use another helmet shape?
Date: October 12, 2023 10:03AM
See screenshot

[i.postimg.cc]
Date: October 12, 2023 04:03PM
Is there anyone who could help me installing the 2001 helmets made by hega, kizz, bluesky and Matt? Maybe this is the solution for me.
Some of the drivers use arai, others bell or Schuberth? How do i install these helmets? Readme file is not included.
Date: October 12, 2023 05:15PM
Date: October 12, 2023 07:28PM
Should I first remove the following files from my cars.wad file? (From the helmet shape I have now installed / arai 6)

car_helmet_00.gp4
car_helmet_01.gp4
car_helmet_02.gp4
car_helmet_03.gp4
Helmet_stuff.tex

Then put car_ferrari_helmet1_0.gp4, car_ferrari_helmet2_0.gp4, car_mclaren_helmet1_0.gp4, etc into my cars.wad file? Along with all driver1_1.tex, driver2_1.tex, driver2_1.tex etc and schuberth_rf1.tex? Then it should work?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Date: October 13, 2023 11:07AM
anyone who could help me?
Date: October 19, 2023 09:19AM
Is this possible without using Individual Helmets and Wheels Tweaks editor?

Should I first remove the following files from my cars.wad file? (From the helmet shape I have now installed / arai 6)

car_helmet_00.gp4
car_helmet_01.gp4
car_helmet_02.gp4
car_helmet_03.gp4
Helmet_stuff.tex

Then put car_ferrari_helmet1_0.gp4, car_ferrari_helmet2_0.gp4, car_mclaren_helmet1_0.gp4, etc into my cars.wad file? Along with all driver1_1.tex, driver2_1.tex, driver2_1.tex etc and schuberth_rf1.tex? Then it should work?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy