Fictional tracks by BeleBele

Posted by BeleBele 
Fictional tracks by BeleBele
Date: July 05, 2023 07:05PM
Posted by: BeleBele
Hi everyone,
I just discovered GP4 last month and I liked it so much that I got into trackmaking.
Here is my first fictional track - Squaw Valley.
I'm curious about your thoughts, suggestions and other feedback.
Download link:[drive.google.com]

My second track: Patinmajdaj

Download link:Here

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2023 07:08PM by BeleBele.
Re: Fictional tracks by BeleBele
Date: July 05, 2023 10:45PM
Posted by: CaOss
Hi, thanks for sharing your track with us. Unfortunately it doesn't load for me. I use a non csm mod and when I want to load the race, in the end it returns me to windows.
Date: July 06, 2023 10:11AM
Posted by: huskyman49
Great to welcome a new trackbuilder :-)
You must be very talented to learn trackbuilding in such a short time, chapeau!(Y)
I'm not a fan of fictional tracks as long as we are missing some great real tracks like Daytona etc.
So I hope you will prove your skills on such 'real world tracks' in the future...

Best wishes and lots of success
Karl
Date: July 06, 2023 05:00PM
Posted by: viking75
It works fine for me. This first track is a real success. Many thanks for sharing and good luck for your future tracks !
Date: July 06, 2023 07:01PM
Posted by: gap177
Squaw=derogatory word for First Nations Indigenous women. Would you consider renaming your track?

Glenn
Date: July 06, 2023 07:59PM
gap177 écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Squaw=derogatory word for First Nations Indigenous
> women. Would you consider renaming your track?
>
> Glenn

Hi Glenn,
I chose this name because i'm a fan of winter sports and Squaw Valley is the location of the 1960 Olympic Games.
Here is the link of Wikipedia page of the place: [en.wikipedia.org]
Cheers
Date: July 06, 2023 10:19PM
Posted by: gap177
Still an extremely poor choice of word even if it is a real place. SMH.
Date: July 07, 2023 07:52AM
Posted by: huskyman49
Here in Austria we also have the problem with names of places reminding to persons or terms which in nowadays view of things are burdened with evil.
I think it's a philosophical question if it's possible to diminish the cruelties humans have inflicted to other humans in history and unfortunately still do (war crimes in Ukraine for example) by changing questionable names.
Some say it's like 'greenwashing' history and doesn't change anything concerning the original crimes. I really don't know.
But I'm sure BeleBele wasn't aware of this problem when he named his track and I suppose I also wouldn't have been in his place.
So everyone is free to rename the track if he or she wants to use it.
The good thing which was brought into our mind is the fact, that 'squaw' is a derogatory word and should not be used anymore without awareness of the suffering and pain inflicted on native americans!
Date: July 07, 2023 07:55AM
Posted by: kedy89
Date: July 07, 2023 12:32PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
He died for your sins Tobi. ;-)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: July 07, 2023 12:38PM
Posted by: OboroHD
gap177 Wrote:
> Squaw=derogatory word for First Nations Indigenous
> women. Would you consider renaming your track?
>
> Glenn

bruh stop
Date: July 07, 2023 12:39PM
Posted by: JCaranti
Turbo Lover Wrote:
> He died for your sins Tobi. ;-)

I want to read more of this !!. :-o

2010 to 2021 Gp4 Track updates
Date: July 10, 2023 02:00PM
Posted by: amsilva75
Hello,

I gave it a try this weekend and your track looks great. I used Fongu’s 1994’s mod and it worked really fine.

Practice, qualifying, and GP were flawless.

Maybe needs some improvement on the pit area, but nonetheless great job!

Cheers!
Date: July 11, 2023 11:08AM
Posted by: viking75
Yes it's true that "squaw" is very pejorative, it's even misogynistic and probably racist. But this place really exists. Does BeleBele have something to do with it? It's true that he could have changed the name but you can do it too, you don't have to keep this name and go to GP4 builder or cmagic to change the name. It is said in all friendship. BeleBele has only been a new member for a few days. Perhaps this is not a good way to welcome him among us. He made an excellent circuit and shared it with us for our pleasure. I think we should thank him rather than reproach him for the name he gave to the circuit. The name doesn't matter. For us, the main thing is GP4. In the world, there are many people, black or otherwise, who are fighting against racism and they are right. Here, in France, we have just experienced riots. We must not forget everyone's fight against racism, segregation or whatever you want. On this forum, we can talk about the difficulties of the human being, why not, but in my opinion we don't have to do it by doing the trial of a new member who kindly shares his work with us. Let's talk about human being in other circumstance. The circuit of BeleBele is great and that's all we need to remember for now. Maybe I'm wrong to tell you that but I do it ;-)(google translate)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2023 11:27AM by viking75.
Date: July 11, 2023 03:04PM
Posted by: thestig88
An absolutely brillant track! Nice flow to it and great detail! Welcome to the community!
Date: July 11, 2023 04:56PM
Posted by: OboroHD
Pit lane stuff is a tad scuffed, but talk about hitting the ground running! Welcome to the best modding community ever.
Date: July 11, 2023 05:08PM
Posted by: CaOss
Does this track only work on CSM mods?
Date: July 11, 2023 05:14PM
CaOss écrivait:
> Does this track only work on CSM mods?

No. You can start a track via TSM
Date: October 12, 2023 07:06PM
Hi!
This is my next fictional track: Patinmajdaj. This circuit is located near Belgrade, Serbia.

Download link:Here
Date: October 12, 2023 07:12PM
Posted by: Foreverk
Thanks a lot! Downloading and testing :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy