Williams Fw26 early'season

Posted by lpx 
Williams Fw26 early'season
Date: May 08, 2022 01:12PM
Posted by: lpx
Hi every body,
I'm looking for the better version of this car. I saw recently some shots of the rfactor2'car but I don't know if there is a conversion. Thanks.
Re: Williams Fw26 early'season
Date: May 08, 2022 06:32PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
All the versions of the walros nose version from Daniel 'Dahie' Senff, Marco Buttner & CTDP:

[www.mediafire.com]

All the versions of the late season nose, orignally made by Mitsuro Sano, fixed issues and added versions by me:

[www.mediafire.com]

These are good quality cars brother, trust me :)

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: May 08, 2022 07:43PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Mitsuro's late season Williams is one of the nicest cars ever done to GP4.
Nothing to complain about Early season FW26 of CTDP/Dahie, except texture quality/resolution should be remastered for todays qualities.
Date: May 08, 2022 08:59PM
SkaaningeN thanks for the link but I have this version
Vesa you're right it would be great to have a better version of this car of this car. Perhaps Hega one day like the 98 or 2001 mod...
Date: May 09, 2022 10:38AM
Posted by: fongu
I know this is a bit subjective, but it really depends on what your definition of better is.

1. If it's just high res textures, that's not really a difficult thing to create and a quick win.
2. If it's in terms of accuracy, then there's no faulting the cars shared above in my opinion.
3. If it's in terms of shapes, details, smoothness of edges etc, then that takes a lot of time. The CTDP car that was created over 15 years ago was for machines back then.

Anyway, just my thoughts, and I, personally, look mainly to number 2 first. The textures can hide a lot of faults and make up for missing elements on the shape, but you need a good accurate shape as a baseline that makes the texture work easier in the long run.

Date: May 10, 2022 06:24PM
Ok, I changed the blue color , the alpha channel and the resolution and it's better for me. just the nose seems to be a little bit too high
Date: May 10, 2022 07:06PM
Posted by: quickslick
and there's sadly missing the Hockenheim version
Date: May 12, 2022 01:36PM
This is the french version of the 2004 mod. I would like to paint this part of the cockpit in black but i don't know where is the part to paint. Thanks for your help
Date: May 12, 2022 04:32PM
Posted by: zifox
There's no real way to tell you, you need to open the car's textures and find the shape in it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2022 04:34PM by zifox.
Date: May 12, 2022 06:39PM
I did that, opened all the tex files but I found anything
Date: May 13, 2022 10:22AM
Can you send me the files (carshape and textures) ? I'll have a look.
Date: May 14, 2022 10:33AM
the faces I want to texture don't have correct UV values: no part of the textures is used. So I can't do anything.:(
ThanksZifox for your light. Perhaps one day.....
Date: May 14, 2022 12:45PM
Finally, I delete the part with no texture.
Date: May 14, 2022 04:33PM
I thought about it after sending your a message: you could also try, if you want a uniform color, to affect a specific material to theses faces, and set the color your want on it. It can be done using GP4Builder only.
- select the faces and split them for their current "Part"
- create a new material with the diffuse color your want
- after the material to the new Part.

Should work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy