Calibration screen crash [Fixed]

Posted by bgrabianowski 
Calibration screen crash [Fixed]
Date: June 18, 2020 06:52AM
Posted by: bgrabianowski
Hello everyone,

I'm excited to be a part of this community. I've only played the Codemasters games, but I recently discovered GP4 and have read that it's "the greatest F1 game ever", so I am anxious to get started. However, I'm having a bit of trouble. Hopefully I can get someone's help with this.

Let me preface this question by saying that I've searched this forum and haven't found a solution. I've even watched the Youtube video for setting up a wheel or controller in the FAQ section on this site, but my problem persists.

I can start the game and run a race using the keyboard, but I'd like to drive the car using an Xbox One controller.

Any time I go to the calibrate screen, the game drops to 2/3 FPS and then crashes to the desktop, over the span of about 10 seconds. The same thing happens if I try to change the key bindings. I know it detects the controller, because right before it crashes I move the control stick and the corresponding slider on the calibration screen responds. This problem also happens with a PS3 controller.

I'm at my wit's end with this, I've tried many different things and exhausted several Google searches. If anyone has a piece of advice or a clue, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for reading!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2020 04:05AM by mortal.
Re: Calibration screen crash
Date: June 18, 2020 08:32AM
Posted by: mortal
Read this it might be useful.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: June 18, 2020 06:51PM
Thank you so much for your response!

I have indeed tried that, but it still takes me to the calibration screen, which then causes the game to crash.

Looking at the crash log, I get an error that says "* ERROR:Font texture not created!" and that logs several times before the game crashes.
Date: June 19, 2020 02:57AM
Well, nevermind! I just got it working. Turns out all it needed was a fresh install.

Thanks again mortal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy