How to setup correctly the XBOX 360 Controller?

Posted by Tony_MSC_94 
How to setup correctly the XBOX 360 Controller?
Date: March 25, 2015 10:20PM
Posted by: Tony_MSC_94
Does anyone know how to do that? Or can you send me a correct configuration file? hot
Re: How to setup correctly the XBOX 360 Controller?
Date: March 26, 2015 04:02AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
Here are a few .con files that I use with my 360 Controller:

Normal usage.

For the GP4 Central 2014 Laptop Mod. (Helps with the much twitchier cars.)

For a high speed oval track like the Indianapolis Speedway. (Really reduced sterring.)

The triggers on the 360 controller will not work properly with GP4, so the controls I use are as follows:

- Left analogue stick for Brake and Throttle.

- Right analogue stick for Steering.

- 'A' (or 'X', can't remember) for Pit Signal.

- 'B' for Traction Control.

- 'Y' for Launch Control.

- RB for Gear Up.

- LB for Gear Down.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2018 10:07AM by AUS_Doug.
Date: March 26, 2015 11:17AM
Posted by: mortal
Pinned to the FAQ. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Thank you very much :D
Date: April 04, 2022 01:57PM
Posted by: scotchegg
Thank you for this, however I am still struggling to get this working.

I load your 360 con, then click back out the menus, should i calibrate or will this messup the settings?

It seems not matter what i do when entering the race the accelerate goes in reverse and steering / the sticks do nothing?

I read in another post how you need the Pinacle software to move them off the same axix, does anyone have access to this as i understand the developer passed away a few years ago and virus filled files appeared afterwards?

Thank you for any further help.
Pete
I got the triggers to work when using DS4 Windows, but you have to press the brake very lightly. But for some weird reason when I start the Game through CSM the Game ignores my Controller Settings and recognize the Triggers as Buttons and won't work as Acc and Brake and uses the right stick for it which is annoying.

Edit: Now i tried it again and it works XD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2022 11:33PM by Thomas123.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy