GPGSL S13 - R14 British Grand Prix / Silverstone - Stay safe and enjoy some quality virtual racing [S14 track voting open, details p. 114]

Posted by GPGSL 
Test...

Christel VXR driver #6.

Darksoul schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Test...

Was it successful?

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
That is not an activity post.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
n00binio Schreef:
> Darksoul schrieb:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Test...
>
>
> Was it successful?

Yes!

My signature works. :)

Christel VXR driver #6.

Not the best weekend we've had in quite sometime. We still managed to leave with a handful of points at least so that is something to be happy about.

About the coverage - video was nice, though it could be better to have replays of some accidents which happened to oocur behind the cameras of the default camera director (Keranen spin L8, Scala going off L15, Vilela spin L16 and so on). I don't mind the usual picture coverage as well.

To find it out I've sorted out all the data regarding which place took the members of the teams of our main Race Directors (Greg O'Brien, Tobias Kederer, Glen Sheppard). And that's the results:

Firstly take a look at all the GPGSL races taken place since I've joined the league (S11 start):

Red numbers showing the drivers boost users, black background for DNF'ers.

To make it easier for you to understand these numbers I've created some extra stats describing what average place drivers took under the certain Race Directors' hands:

Numbers are speaking for itself mainly, but the most fun thing to me is how Tobias' NON-BOOSTED results (4,4 average non-boosted place) when he's RDing are even higher than the highest BOOSTED result showed by somebody else in this list - Charrel Jalving under the hands of Glen Sheppard scored one 2nd place and one 9th place using a drivers boost (5,5 in average). So, Charrel scored 2nd and 9th boosted, while Tobias during his own RD duties managed to score 4, 7, 3, 3, 5, 7 and now 2nd at Australia this year - and every one of them unboosted :-o This is just beyond ridiculous, lol ;) His average 4,4 non-boosted average place during his RD duties is 10 places higher than his average 14,5 when RD is someone else. Also funny how everyone else's non-boosted pace is somehow better under hands of everyone who is not Tobi: DMR 1st driver manages to finish only around 14th place under Tobias' RDing while at any other RD hands he scored average 8th. 2nd DMR gets 13,3th under Tobi and 12,5 under other RD. Same goes to Tyrant drivers 17,6 and 14,9 under Tobi and 14,4 and 8,5 under everyone else. The only ecxeption is Tobias' teammates Sanvitale and O'Neil who combined got just a slightly better under Tobias' RDing - 12,9 average place without Tobi at RD spot and 12,3 with Tobi at the lead.

Also, fun statistics: with Tobi at the RD spot (9 races) he never failed to finish the race (4 retires during this time with other RDs at the lead) and his worst finish was 7nd (twice). At the same time with others at the RD spot he had such finishes as 18th (twice), 15th, 14th, 12th, 9th, and three 8th places. No comments ;)

With Glen at the RD spot (7 races) his drivers had only one retirement (Vilela with a driver boost DNF at Germany S12), while during 22 other races they had retired 5 times. Other statistics: 0 victories, 3 podiums with him as the RD (2 of them using the drivers boost), and 0 victories, 6 podiums with other RDs.

With Greg at the RD spot (10 races) his drivers had 2 retirements (both times it was Tom Dilain at the end of S11), while during other 19 races they had retired 10 times (mostly at the hands of Tobi - 7 retirements in 9 races he did). Funnily enough his drivers never won under his RD command (best results are 2-3 podium finish at Suzuka S12, 2-5 at Montreal S12 both times using the drivers boost for both of them and 2-6 finish at Monza crashfest S12 without any drivers boost, but with the engine boost giving them big advantage over the rest of the field - their 814bhp compared to 809 by SCR (also engine boosted) and best non-boosted by 806 DMR/MTP). Meanwhile with Glen Sheppard at the RD spot De Bruyker scored two wins and J. Warrington scored 2 podiums. With Tobi at the RD spot De Bruyker finished 9th, 15th and had two DNFs and John had one 5th place, one 11th and two DNFs as well, though from all of these they were driver boosted only once - during one of Warrington's DNF's.

Hope you like this little research and got some idea from it ;-) Anyway, you can tin-foil hat/illuminati me (or you can download the ecxel sheets and check it by yourself) but I have strong feeling that it is... very likely... that Tobias Kederer... maybe... somehow... just kind of getting some luck above the usual numbers when he is at the RD spot, let's say it this way ;)

Also, if no one else - I offer my RD duties as well, gonna do pic coverages mainly

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2019 12:43PM by Soutsen.
So how is the sambal in Sepang?

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Soutsen Wrote:
>
> Hope you like this little research and got some
> idea from it ;-) Anyway, you can tin-foil
> hat/illuminati me (or you can download the ecxel
> sheets and check it by yourself) but I have strong
> feeling that it is... very likely... that Tobias
> Kederer... maybe... somehow... just kind of
> getting some luck above the usual numbers, let's
> say it this way ;)
>
> Also, if no one else - I offer my RD duties as
> well, gonna do pic coverages mainly
> [www.grandprixgames.org]
> if

Interesting bit of research! Fairly pointless though.
From my times as RD, absolutely no bias - who has time (or the ego to worry about a fantasy game!) to manipulate results or re-run races 'hoping' to get the best result for you/your team and then go through the time/effort to post a pic based RD coverage.

As for RD coverage, i am volunteering to RD the Round 3 Italian GP.
Where i am sure my drivers will all win, and drive flawlessly each and every lap. HA HA HAHA HAH!

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2019 01:00PM by shep34.
Re: GPGSL Season 13 - thread opened
Date: August 27, 2019 11:41AM
Posted by: shep34
shep34 Wrote:
> A week or two ago, i raised the prospect of the
> return of the GPGCL.
> Well, to gauge the interest, here is the randomly
> generated schedule.
> [i.imgur.com]
>
> Each GPGSL team plays all other teams 1 time, with
> the constructors points from each corresponding
> round used as their head to head score against
> their drawn opponent for each round. A results
> table will then see the top 4 teams go into a
> finals system, beginning at Spa. Semi finals (race
> at Spa), a preliminary final (race at Estoril) and
> then the Grand Final to be run at Silverstone.
>
> FYI, if we ran this system using the Season 12
> constructor points earnt, and the proposed S13
> GPGCL schedule, standings would have looked like
> this after the round robin 11 weeks, with the top
> 4 moving onto the finals.
> [i.imgur.com]
>
> And, once in Finals mode, the outcome would have
> been as follows....
> [i.imgur.com]
>
> In finals, essentially it is this simple :
> FINAL 5
> Round 12 - Spa 1st Semi (Match A) 3 v 4
> Round 12 - Spa 2nd Semi (Match B) 1 x 2
>
> Round 13 - Estoril Prelim (Match C) Winner A v
> Loser B
>
> Round 14 - Silverstone FINAL (Match D) Winner B v
> Winner C
>
> SO, the question for the masses is, does anyone
> truly care about having this sideshow running? I
> am happy to do it, it is pretty straight forward
> and easy to do.....IF people want it, that is ;)

Results have been compiled for Round 1, for the GPGCL. Will post in the next 24hrs.
Round 2 heads to Sepang....
As for a finals system, that will be decided on by the end of Round 2 racing.....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
I think everyone in this league is here only for fun, and all the RD should only be congratulated. I don't see the point here as it will only cause trouble, I have nothing to complain and everyone else should not either.

natasp Wrote:
> I think everyone in this league is here only for
> fun, and all the RD should only be congratulated.
> I don't see the point here as it will only cause
> trouble, I have nothing to complain and everyone
> else should not either.

Agree! I think the same.
Thank you all the RD's. You had made a great job so far...

-----------------------------------------------------

Guys, friendly reminder that the clock is now ticking for our first Activity Check, due at the end of next round. Start posting! Remember that it doesn't have to be long, but it should be relevant or related to the series.

On a side note, my PC has died unexpectedly. So if I can't resurrect it by the time the check is due, I'll need someone else to do it since I only have my phone to post and the process would be fairly uncomfortable. Will keep you posted nonetheless.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps

I should run more races

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
I just had an epileptic seizure.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
kedy89 schrieb:
> [i.kym-cdn.com]
> 03/810/f57.jpg
>
> I should run more races

I legitimately lol'd

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
I agree with Tobias, he should do more races :P

Dominik Karda | MAC Racing - #7 - Race Driver
I can't believe what I've just read!

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
I'm dying here..... :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy