GPGSL S12 R14 Flevoland GP - Rubendrome, Emmeloord [Testers Q&R p.122 | Quali p.123 Race p.124!!!]

Posted by GPGSL 
EricMoinet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lucasinio scored his first point of the season

Hahahahahahahahahahaha... ;)

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Looking forward to it. I'll most likely post a picture of all 22 Race and Test cars like I've done for the last few seasons once I have the mods to use. As for RD duty for the season opener, I may do that again as well unless someone else decides to be RD.

So I've been trying the trackpack a bit. I had an old version of the S11 mod which I updated, installed the thing and go. Two issues so far:

1) I've actually been meaning to post this for a while, how can I fix this? I could bear it with the default tracks, since it'd show the minimap as usual but with modded tracks there's this obnoxious white square:

I read around that I'll probably have to edit f1graphics.cfg to hide the default HUD, but wanted to check back with you guys.

2) Some tracks are giving me massive FPS drops. Yes, I do run the mod at max quality (1080p), but when I installed tracks individually, I never had this problem. On tracks like Emmeloord or Istanbul, it's a drop from 60 to around 30. On the Osterreichring and Road America, it's unplayable. I suspect loading the whole trackpack may be causing the problems, so I'll test later. Kinda suspicious also about the white square I mentioned earlier.

So far no AI-related problems. Will probably re-test tomorrow, as I have a free afternoon and report back.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
@Stu: never got a reply to the pm, will get them done soon™

@Carlos
1) Ingame graphics options, turn of the overlays

2) Never had that either until a while ago. Check the cars.wad size in the mod's wadcache folder. For me 900MB seems to be the critical point. Once it exceeds that, I get massive FPS drops on pretty much every track. Resized some textures to reduce the size of the cars.wad, that fixed it.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
kedy89 Wrote:
> @Stu: never got a reply to the pm, will get them
> done soon™

Sorry mate, I could have sworn I replied to your pm.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
kedy89 Wrote:
> 1) Ingame graphics options, turn of the overlays

Solved, thanks!

> 2) Never had that either until a while ago. Check
> the cars.wad size in the mod's wadcache folder.
> For me 900MB seems to be the critical point. Once
> it exceeds that, I get massive FPS drops on pretty
> much every track. Resized some textures to reduce
> the size of the cars.wad, that fixed it.

cars.wad is sitting at 833MB so it's a possibility. One weird thing that happened is that I set CSM to load one track (Road America) and it worked fine once. When I started another race (without having changed anything) I started having problems again. All GP4 default tracks work OK.

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Carlitox Wrote:
> kedy89 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > 1) Ingame graphics options, turn of the
> overlays
>
> Solved, thanks!
>
> > 2) Never had that either until a while ago.
> Check
> > the cars.wad size in the mod's wadcache folder.
> > For me 900MB seems to be the critical point.
> Once
> > it exceeds that, I get massive FPS drops on
> pretty
> > much every track. Resized some textures to
> reduce
> > the size of the cars.wad, that fixed it.
>
> cars.wad is sitting at 833MB so it's a
> possibility. One weird thing that happened is that
> I set CSM to load one track (Road America) and it
> worked fine once. When I started another race
> (without having changed anything) I started having
> problems again. All GP4 default tracks work OK.

The newer tracks have got very large tex files compared to the original tracks, coupled with the large tex files that the mods use, could explain why your frame rate has dropped. Are you running the game with lod_0 only? Running with lower lods might help. The car and helmet tex in the mod are saved with the TGA option, saving as DDS/DXT5 will reduce the file size and maybe increase your frame rate.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
It might also help to delete unnecessary files that are just leftovers from e.g. the original cars. In my experience only the total filesize of the cars.wad matters, no matter whether the textures are assigned to a shape or not.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Queens Birthday long weekend here in Melbourne. Had the buckets of soapie water out today, giving the new Demon machinery a nice old washdown, ahead of the season opener....

Re the mod, i hope we can get a really good camera shot setting where the drivers helmet can be shown off a bit. That way all the hard work some people put into helmets, can be seen....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Mods are complete to race readiness. Download links will be posted tomorrow night.

Stoopid Schreef:
> Mods are complete to race readiness. Download
> links will be posted tomorrow night.

Fantastic Stu, S12 is on his way, thanks to all of you guys... let's have a great season ! ;-)

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
Stoopid Wrote:
> Mods are complete to race readiness. Download
> links will be posted tomorrow night.

Great news, Stu!!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Hello guys,

I've quite been off the grid for at least a couple of weeks ... well this has been because of something exciting things in my life.

To make a long story short: I've become a daddy over that period of time. I'm the proud dad of a wonderful little baby girl called 'Yara'.

Life is really at it's sweetest right now!

I'll try and become a little bit more active over time again now and finish the Snake Motorsports contender for upcoming season.

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Congrats mate (Y)

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Many congrats mate...enjoy, it's a truly wonderful and magical time...with very little sleep!

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Will the Car of Shame make it onto the grid?

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Congratulations Maikel! :) Must be something in the air, there are two new arrivals in my family too :)

I've done a bit of jiggery pokery and edited last season snake for now ;)

Mediafire is being a bit of an ass at the mo, so uploads will be a bit later than first advertised.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2018 01:05AM by Stoopid.
GPGSL S12 Race and Test mods now available

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3h93v1jt24h0is1/GPGSL-S12-2018_RD-Racers_v1.cuh/file<=====

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3n68f7i3tjk6r7o/GPGSL-S12-2018_RD-Testers_v1.cuh/file<=====

Dikke proficiat Maikel en natuurlijk ook aan Marjanne, hopelijk is het een goed slapertje en heb je nog je nachtrust!

Congratulations Maikel and of course to Marjanne, hopefully it is a good sleeper and you still have your night's rest!

(Y)(D)

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy