GPGSL S12 R14 Flevoland GP - Rubendrome, Emmeloord [Testers Q&R p.122 | Quali p.123 Race p.124!!!]

Posted by GPGSL 
After an offseason with plenty of driver changes, team closures, new teams arriving and some old teams revived, it is with great joy that we finally get the Season 12 GPGSL underway.
Today, we have the Race drivers taking their turn at Albert Park, in a 26 lap race to kick start the all important Driver and Constructor championship battles.

So, without further delay, lets get on with it!

WHOOPS!
Due to human error, long work hours, lack of beer and total forgetfulness, the wrong coverage was airing! RD used the wrong saved game! Situation being rectified, with a hopeful Part 1 posted later tonight.
GPGSL apologises, and we hope to not have too long a delay with the CORRECT coverage going to air! We assure all viewers who may have been offended, no animals, drivers, team owners or Race Directors were hurt in the exexcution of this coverage!

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2018 09:39AM by GPGTV.org/farked.
How could Sean O'Neill go from 13th to 22nd between the grid and Turn 1? Never seen that happen before in GP4!

X (@ed24f1)
SchueyFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How could Sean O'Neill go from 13th to 22nd
> between the grid and Turn 1? Never seen that
> happen before in GP4!

Excellent question. Race officials are hurriedly checking that the right footage is being used....STANDBY!

YEP! Great pickup Ed! CANCEL those screenies.... about to get the PLUG pulled on that coverage.

GPGTV Youtube Channel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2018 09:22AM by GPGTV.org/farked.
Knew something was wrong as soon as I saw Scala on pole.

Ok, got it all sorted out now! The initial race I ran, with the "advertised qualifying results", there was a HUGE shunt 3 laps in, with the entire track blocked. 5 cars were ahead of that shunt, while the rest of the field were held up as the carnage was cleared away. By lap 6, last running car was already 70 seconds behind the leader. I made an excutive decision that was not going to go down well, so re-ran the race. Apparently the file i used was the wrong qualy, evidently!

So, right now, a NEW race is about to be run, with correct grid assembled. Coverage to begin later tonight....

Apologies to all on the delay, and for the mix up. More annoyed for myself, as i now have to re-do all the pic editing (N):-(

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Rerun quali as well? ;)

Also, question: what are the actual rain chances for each race? Haven't seen them mentioned anywhere... The mod doesn't have the proper folders either, so right now for those tracks already on the calendar in S11 it uses the same values as last season, for the others I don't know.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2018 10:35AM by kedy89.
kedy89 Wrote:
> Rerun quali as well? ;)
>
> Also, question: what are the actual rain chances
> for each race? Haven't seen them mentioned
> anywhere... The mod doesn't have the proper
> folders either, so right now for those tracks
> already on the calendar in S11 it uses the same
> values as last season, for the others I don't
> know.

No Quali re-run. Race now 20 laps in the books, pics uploading as i have a coffee break. Hope to get at least 1/2 race posted before my day is over in 3-4 hrs time! LOL!

shep34 schrieb:
> No Quali re-run. Race now 20 laps in the books,
> pics uploading as i have a coffee break. Hope to
> get at least 1/2 race posted before my day is over
> in 3-4 hrs time! LOL!

Figured, but one can hope ;). Probably gonna be the 4th consecutive time that I start the season with one of the top 5 perfs, and leave the opening round without a single point in the bag.

Currently uploading as well, the GPGNC pics that is. Sorting went rather quick there, IrfanView to batch rename & resize, now 40/100 left to upload. Might even get it posted today.

Edit: Erm, race length should've been 26 laps?

Some mods

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2018 11:31AM by kedy89.
Huge shunt? That didn't involve any of the leading cars did it?

kedy89 Wrote:
> shep34 schrieb:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > No Quali re-run. Race now 20 laps in the books,
> > pics uploading as i have a coffee break. Hope
> to
> > get at least 1/2 race posted before my day is
> over
> > in 3-4 hrs time! LOL!
>
>
> Figured, but one can hope ;). Probably gonna be
> the 4th consecutive time that I start the season
> with one of the top 5 perfs, and leave the opening
> round without a single point in the bag.
>
> Currently uploading as well, the GPGNC pics that
> is. Sorting went rather quick there, IrfanView to
> batch rename & resize, now 40/100 left to upload.
> Might even get it posted today.
>
>
> Edit: Erm, race length should've been 26 laps?

I do need to get a better batch converting program than the current Pixillion i have had for years. Can only individually convert files 1 by 1...no batch there!
Yep, race was 26 laps. All finished, pics snapped and currentl uploading last 140 pics to sift through...lol
Part 1 of race coverage due in the next hour.

Welcome back to Albert Park for the opening round of GPGSL.
After our earlier race coverage was red flagged, and then totally black flagged due to some broadcast difficulties (aka RD making a bonehead error posting incorrect coverage!), we are BACK IN BUSINESS.

So, for the second time, lets go racing in Season 12.

John Warrington sits on pole for Tyrant Motorsports, with Jack Elleker alongside him in 2nd. Rodrigo Vilela in 3rd and Carlos Rodriguez in 4th.

And they are off for Season 12, racing down to the first corner in Melbourne.... and Vilela splits Elleker and Warrington, to take the lead...

Vilela clearly in front, as the front runners safely get through the corner...

All clear as the entire field gets through unscathed...

Luke Russell, the rookie for Christel VXR last through Turn 1....

Warrington hangs onto 2nd, as action behind him as Turn 3 sees Pedersen defending against Silvestre

Vilela and Warrington braking hard into the Clark chicane...

Defending series champ Joseph Gilson in 9th...

Kederer in 15th, as behind him Marcus De Bruyker misses his braking point, and ends up on the grass...

He re-joins the track quickly....

Replays showed that is was Connor Steer who gave the Tyrant a small tap under brakes, sending the Belgian off track....

The lead cars are heading into Turn 14....

Cameras catch the aftermath of Mills and Silvestre having a tangle as they had contact at Turn 13, sending Mills into the gravel, and Worseling briefly facing the wrong way....both continue on...

The defending series champ Gilson is trying to charge through the pack, diving under Silva at the Turn 1 chicane...

They touch....

Silva is airborne...

Silva barrel rolls...

Silva is going to land on all 4 wheels though, miraculously...

Looks like Christopher Hinz in the AMR has made contact with Gilson, both suffering damage...

Silva takes a BIG hit, losing his front wing...

A big pack has formed, following the Turn 1 dramas...

Keranen is looking to the inside of Hinz on the run up to Turn 3...

They touch heavily!

Uh-oh....

This is going to end very badly.....

Front right wheel assembly snaps....

Hinz is in the wall, out of the race....

Keranen survives with just a spin, whilst Hinz pays badly for the collision....

Meanwhile, up to the front of the field, it is Elleker in the now sole AMR, with Rodriguez all over the back of him on the run down to the heavy braking of Turn 13...

Rodriguez pulls out to attempt the pass...

But Elleker retains the position....

Race leader Rodrigo Vilela clocks the fastest lap...

Gilson tries to overtake Legge....

Legge closed the door on the SCR, and they both spin. Gilson is then a very nervous passenger, sitting in the middle of the track, facing the wrong way....

Luckily, no contact as cars go either side of him....

The Brit angrily lights up his tyres as he recovers....

After all the chaos, somehow forgotten, Silva has made it back to pit lane for repairs...

Charrel Jalving in the Demon Racing Holden, is in a strong 6th place, with Pedersen tucked in behind him in the MAC...

Rodriguez is in 5th on his debut with MTP...

More trouble on track! Keranen and Mills have made contact with each other.

Mills spins, but is able to recover. Again....

Out front though, it is status quo : Vilela leads, Warrington in 2nd, and Scala back in 3rd...

Vilela is pushing hard, locking a brake into Turn 3....

With a crazy few opening laps, time to re-cap the running order. Positions 1-8....

Positions 9-16...

And positions 17-22....

Elleker leads Rodriguez, with Jalving and Pedersen not too far away....

McClure runs in a distant 8th, almost 9 seconds behind 7th place...

O'Neill is in hot pursiut of McClure....

Rico Van Smirren in 10th, looking like he has not missed a beat since his hiatus from driving....

Connor Steer in the MMM Ferrari going well, with Kederer in the Alpha just behind him...

Jake Legge in the Christel, is not having a great time so far, after an earlier tangle...

And just when things started to settle down in this wild race, Daly McClure has pulled off track, just near the beer tents on the right of the circuit....

A broken transmission for the Mistral driver....

Vilela puts a fastest lap on the board, but Warrington is right on his tail, not letting the Brazilian run away...

Rodriguez attacks Elleker down the front straight...

Wisely, the AMR driver backs out of defending, choosing to live for another battle ahead....

4 cars in the space of 1 shot, from 4th to 7th....

Charrel Jalving still running strong, right on the back of Jack Elleker as they head out past the golf course...

Pedersen is not too far off the back of Jalving...

Sean O'Neill is having a good afternoon, currently in 8th...

Van Smirren up to 9th...

Silvestre to 12th...

Worseling in 13th

De Bruyker sitting in 14th...

Vilela still holds onto the lead, with the top 8 positions on display....

Positions 9-16....

And the 17th through to last....

Kederer in 10th, is closing up on Van Smirren...

Van Smirren goes VERY defensive into Turn 13....

And Kederer runs out of ability and space, and spins....

The Snake driver is off track, whilst Kederer is facing the wrong way and will need to spin back around....

Legge arrives on the scene, confronted with Kederer on the racing line, and Van Smirren creeping back onto the track...

Some big winners in picking up places so far, with Connor Steer up 10 places...

Alpha's Sean O'Neill has made up 5 spots...

While it is Connor Steer, the man well and truly on the move up the field, benefitting from others errors!...

And from here, we will take our first break.... back soon....

GPGTV Youtube Channel
yeah @#$%& this

Some mods

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2018 01:58PM by kedy89.
Welcome back to Melbourne....

We re-join our coverage just in time, as our leader is in pit lane, whilst 2nd place Warrington stays out on track....

Warrington inherits the lead....

Vilela is done with his pit stop...

Connor Steer arrives at Turn 1, only to find Vilela right on the apex of the turn....

Steer manages to get by the DMR who is on cold tyres....

A tight bunch has formed, after Vilela emerged from the pits....

Meanwhile, Silvestre and De Bruyker have both out braked each other....

Silvestre runs off track, while the Tyrant driver stays on circuit.....

Silvestre's mistake has allowed Luke Russell to get right up close, but the MAC driver prevails and holds position...

And now, just to throw some more drama into the fray, it is RAINING!

Vilela at full speed comes up alongside Rodriguez who is just emerging from his pit stop....

Vilela makes the pass...

But, tragedy for the Brazilian driver, with a transmission failure ending his charge for victory in Melbourne....

This now puts Matteo Scala in the box seat to capitalise, and make a big impression on this race....

Elleker is in pit lane, along with many others...

Warrington on fresh tyres, is the leading driver who HAS stopped....

Nick Worseling in the SCR runs in 5th, but still has to pit...

Rodriguez and O'Neill have both pitted, and are locked in battle...

Jalving pits....

Scala pits. Something wierd going on with their jackman though and his trolley... (H)

Scala has done it, holding onto the lead after the pit stops done by the front runners...

AMR's Jack Elleker is just shy of 1 sec behind Jalving...

Van Smirren has found trouble again...

De Bruyker gets a bit of air in the contact....

Van Smirren faces the wrong way, but does recover...

The top 8 drivers, with 8 laps to go....

9th to 16th....

17th to 22nd....

The top two, with 5 laps to go....

And now, just listen to the sounds of the cars, no commentary....

The rain is just hanging around, bit of nuisance value for the drivers....

And BANG! Just to rub it in to the rest of the field, Scala sets the fastest lap with 2 laps to go...

Warrington is not giving up the chase though....

Scala about to start his final lap....

And there it is! A win in Melbourne for Matteo Scala, and the Maverick Track Performance team....

Well done to Matteo Scala...

JohnWarrington home in 2nd place for Tyrant Motorsports...

And 3rd place to Charrel Jalving for Demon Racing

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Disappointing to not win but I'm not going to complain about 2nd in the season opener. Positive signs

Well damn... I thought maybe we could move forward after the guys strong showing in the testers race... but 8th place is pretty incredible considering where I started! Great race, just kept the car out of trouble and worked through the field.

Sucks for Dan to get mixed up in a few things though.

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Demon Post Race press statement

We were greatly encouraged by the pace our cars had this round. To come straight out of the box, and have both cars qualify towards the front of the grid and then race well near the front, was a great achievement. Horribly unlucky for Rodrigo to get the transmission failure - surely a win gone begging right there?
And a great run for Charrel to get a podium on debut for the team.

On to Japan we go....

Nice result from Sean, good start to the season! Decent recovery from Tobias after the spin but looked like he had the speed for a better result.

X (@ed24f1)
A very hard race to run with the incidents and the rain threatening to be a problem.
Good points gained for myself and the team at the start of the season.

LAMH DEARG EIRIN

GPGSL Alpha Motorsports, S13 Race Driver #8 S14 Race Driver #2, S15 Race Driver #2
MTP press statement

Wow, what an unexpected first win for MTP so early in the second season! Obviously I'm thrilled with Matteo's win. This is what we're racing for and Matteo did an incredible job out there today, starting with a superb start and then staying out of trouble. Both our drivers had the pace today which is also proven by the fastest laps table.
Even the more disappointing it is that Carlos lost so many positions during the pit stops. He was around 3-4 seconds behind Matteo before the stops and afterwards it were nearly 20 seconds. This already happened to me in the feature race, only that this time it cost us dearly. Without this, a double podium would have been in reach. Of course, Carlos' 6th position makes it still a superb team result, yet it is a bit frustrating because even more would have been possible.

Nonetheless, I'm incredibly proud of all my drivers for excellent performances this weekend and for bringing the first win to the team. Let's keep up this momentum!

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy