my first car

Posted by landex 
Re: my first car
Date: November 26, 2017 06:16PM
Posted by: Canadian76
Hello. In the process, two questions arose. Can you help? The first is how to do so in the rear view mirror display normal picture. I have some obscure thing.

And second. How to get rid of the big glitter textures on a TV camera? Something regulate, on the back of the camera Shine is not as bright, but overall he is very strong.

Date: November 27, 2017 02:08PM

And again turn to knowledgeable people. Why is the texture so much it shines on this screenshot? It's not a loss of texture. It is there, under the white layer. It a little bit. It feels as if missing a second texture. But CUB WIN is present. It is! Please help
Date: November 27, 2017 04:40PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Alpha layer I guess

Date: November 27, 2017 04:58PM
And how to do it? The alpha channel is regulated in Zmodeler 1.07 only in testing. And the regime before that I never was.
Date: November 27, 2017 05:15PM
Interesting point: if you switch to another racer, then the main texture goes fine. If you return the camera, then again there are white spots. Thought CSM is guilty, but no. Reinstall – everything's the same. The problem is the improper installation of the textures, I guess.

There is another point. When the machine is not in focus, the texture still changes to white when approaching the screen.

Went to the texture, put Testing, removed the alpha channel to zero – still does not help.
Date: November 28, 2017 09:01AM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Isn't it LoD related ?
I'm not an expert but usually a car shining too much is because the alpha layer isn't set properly (you do that in Photoshop or any other good software of that kind).
But if this happens when the car is approaching, so changing of LoD, I would say maybe the texture isn't set correctly for that specific LoD.

Date: November 28, 2017 11:36AM
Posted by: rracunis
You must have all the lods , car_xx_car1_lod_0.gp4, car_xx_car1_lod_1.gp4, car_xx_car1_lod_2.gp4, car_xx_car1_lod_3.gp4 , car_xx_car1_lod_4.gp4 and same for the car 2 .You can either make lower lods for the car_xx_car1_lod_0.gp4 file or copy and paste the car_xx_car1_lod_0.gp4 and rename it in 1,2,3,4 , in this case all the 5 files will have the same size . Try and see what happens . The alpha layer's issue can easily be solved using the photoshop or some similar software, making darker the alpha layer.
See that : [www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: November 30, 2017 08:03AM
Posted by: landex
The car that gezere fix for me its great!
I try now to fix my self:
I export every part to gp4, reassign the texture in zmoderer 1.7b, import it to gp4builder and sve it. And the results are not like gezere´s fix..... the are one texture overlap
I stll domt now what do wrong?

Date: November 30, 2017 07:12PM
Wow Great!!!!!!!
Date: December 02, 2017 03:59PM

And again I appeal to you with. This time it's for the mirrors. In the car, which I converted into ГП4 there are two files 79_MIRRORS_IN and 79_MIRRORS_OUT. For me it is very strange files. One attached file – MIRROR. What to do with them? What files can I convert in z_cockpit_left_mirror
z_cockpit_right_mirror so that the mirror can see the entire texture to the surface of the mirror was not transparent?
Date: December 02, 2017 05:52PM
Posted by: munnzy
with mirrors you must have 2 separate items

z_cockpit_right_mirror

z_cockpit_left_mirror

also behind this a mirror shape as background or the mirror in game will be see through as it is using the cockpit_damage file.
before i have picked the mirrors in GP4 builder and separated them into left and right.
there are good tutorials on how to adjust them for best results. have a look at this as a guide
[www3.uji.es]
Date: December 03, 2017 08:06AM
Thank you very much! I figured it out. And the last question, which worries me. Why are my cars so shiny? Back old, and she's right, and my very shiny! Where to fix it? Thank you in advance.

Date: December 03, 2017 03:42PM
Posted by: munnzy
shiny cars are usually to do with the alpha layer of the tex file relating to the car body work..
if you use simtex to convert the tga files to tex, a right click will show you the alpha layer behind the painting,
if it is white it will be a shiny car, dark alpha layers show as more dull effect
Date: December 03, 2017 05:27PM
Posted by: lpx
Ara you working on a 78 mod?
Date: December 03, 2017 07:17PM
I convert just.
Date: December 03, 2017 08:39PM
Posted by: landex
HI,
I want to thanks all help who me in this threat, especially Gezere, Excalibur, and Petrus. Now find it out how to fix it.

I cant export the 3DS file directly to gp4builder and assign the texture there. To work it well, i must make the assign in zmodeler. And it works!

That only one little thing: Some alpha textures it should be transparent, but it arent, Why?
Date: December 06, 2017 07:43PM
Work is in full swing. I really want to convert mod 1978.

Date: December 10, 2017 12:53PM

There are very few. Edited Ted Editor and insert photos.
Date: December 10, 2017 04:28PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Nice, the Lotus & Brabham of '78 were one of the nicest cars in the history of F1.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: December 11, 2017 07:11PM
Posted by: lpx
A 78 mod for GP4 will be greathot
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy