my first car

Posted by landex 
my first car
Date: November 14, 2017 01:57PM
Posted by: landex
Hi
i try to make my first mesh car lotus ford from 1969. The car mesh looks good but the texture looks to dark ingame.
What can it be?
Re: my first car
Date: November 14, 2017 03:08PM
Posted by: gezere
Normals ? Do the textures well displayed With zmodeler ?

Re: my first car
Date: November 14, 2017 03:56PM
Posted by: landex
gezere Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Normals ? Do the textures well displayed With
> zmodeler ?


i use 3ds max but on gp4 builder it looks nice.
If i decrease the resoluiton in game its better but still not fine.




Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2017 04:11PM by landex.
Re: my first car
Date: November 14, 2017 06:26PM
Posted by: MDBSnake
How is the mapping of the car? Could be it's outside of (GP4's) UV box, had issues with it in the past. In Zmodeler the mapping must all fall into a square box, dunno about 3dsmax though


If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Sepang - Malaysia | Constructors: 5th | Best Race Finish: 6th
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Re: my first car
Date: November 14, 2017 07:18PM
Posted by: landex
MDBSnake Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How is the mapping of the car? Could be it's
> outside of (GP4's) UV box, had issues with it in
> the past. In Zmodeler the mapping must all fall
> into a square box, dunno about 3dsmax though


The mapping its UV Unrapp and its seems look fine., but i dont now why in some parts of the circuits its dark like under a shadows, and in other parts its ok. Its something to do with the light.
I dont now why.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2017 08:16PM by landex.
Re: my first car
Date: November 15, 2017 07:22AM
Posted by: landex
i still dont know what to do. Now it flashes from good to bad.
Re: my first car
Date: November 15, 2017 07:52PM
Posted by: munnzy
Look at the UV mapping. you have a tex attached to the material but when in long distance it changes colour. !! Just a thought but good looking car though
Re: my first car
Date: November 16, 2017 08:52AM
Posted by: landex
munnzy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Look at the UV mapping. you have a tex attached to
> the material but when in long distance it changes
> colour. !! Just a thought but good looking car
> though


Thanks munnzy.
I found a solution:

1. I exported all objects as .gp4;
2. Took a good looking car_lod and delete each object and imported the .gp4 obkects one by one.
And now it looks better, only the suspension object blinks.

But i know thats not the right way but it works.
Re: my first car
Date: November 16, 2017 09:24AM
Posted by: landex
munnzy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Look at the UV mapping. you have a tex attached to
> the material but when in long distance it changes
> colour. !! Just a thought but good looking car
> though

What can do to fix it well?
Re: my first car
Date: November 16, 2017 11:13AM
Posted by: MDBSnake
Just a simple question, but have you made the car using the original 24 (or 28) GP4 names? F.e. cockpit, engine cover, l_barge_board etc?


If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Sepang - Malaysia | Constructors: 5th | Best Race Finish: 6th
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Re: my first car
Date: November 16, 2017 12:18PM
Posted by: landex
MDBSnake Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just a simple question, but have you made the car
> using the original 24 (or 28) GP4 names? F.e.
> cockpit, engine cover, l_barge_board etc?


28 names: cockpit, engine, f_l_brakeglow, etc..
Re: my first car
Date: November 16, 2017 05:25PM
Posted by: gezere
> I found a solution:
>
> 1. I exported all objects as .gp4;
> 2. Took a good looking car_lod and delete each
> object and imported the .gp4 obkects one by one.
> And now it looks better, only the suspension
> object blinks.
>
> But i know thats not the right way but it works.

Does it an obvious reason why you don't use Zmodeler 1.07 which is surely the best way to create a single .gp4 with the 28 objects in a single click.
To be honest I don't understand the process you did...
If I can help for anything, just tell me...

By the way, the shape you made looks very nice and smooth. Great Job(Y)





Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2017 05:27PM by gezere.
Re: my first car
Date: November 16, 2017 05:36PM
Posted by: landex
gezere Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > I found a solution:
> >
> > 1. I exported all objects as .gp4;
> > 2. Took a good looking car_lod and delete each
> > object and imported the .gp4 obkects one by
> one.
> > And now it looks better, only the suspension
> > object blinks.
> >
> > But i know thats not the right way but it
> works.
>
> Does it an obvious reason why you don't use
> Zmodeler 1.07 which is surely the best way to
> create a single .gp4 with the 28 objects in a
> single click.
> To be honest I don't understand the process you
> did...
> If I can help for anything, just tell me...
>
> By the way, the shape you made looks very nice and
> smooth. Great Job(Y)

Thanks gezere, i dont have Zmodeler 1.07, where can i get it?
the new zmodeler dont support .gp4 files.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2017 05:45PM by landex.
Re: my first car
Date: November 17, 2017 03:44AM
Posted by: Foreverk
Zmodeler 1.07b here: ZModeler 1.07b.zip
Re: my first car
Date: November 17, 2017 10:06AM
Posted by: landex
Foreverk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Zmodeler 1.07b here: ZModeler 1.07b.zip


thanka Foreverk. Now i must get use to it:) the selections are bit diferente from 3dsmax.

I found some vertices who are alone and i cant select them.
Re: my first car
Date: November 17, 2017 12:02PM
Posted by: landex
is it usual in ZM to has chrome in material chrome.bmp?
Re: my first car
Date: November 17, 2017 02:28PM
Posted by: gezere
Yes when importing a .gp4 file.
You can disable it in the material editor by "unticking" the reflection map. You have to do it for each material

Re: my first car
Date: November 17, 2017 03:34PM
Posted by: landex
gezere Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes when importing a .gp4 file.
> You can disable it in the material editor by
> "unticking" the reflection map. You have to do it
> for each material


big Thanks, gezere and all. It really works it looks good now!;-)
Thats only 2. thiinks.
1. When i export .gp4 from ZM1.7 to gp4builder it flips Y-axis on importing.
2. the both mirrors reflect to same point.
Re: my first car
Date: November 19, 2017 04:47PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Hi landex,

2- Open your gp4 file into GP4builder: double-click on the mirror object you want to reorient (z_cockpit_right_mirror or z_cockpit_left_mirror). You can flip your mirror mapping vertically or horizontally or even rotate it from the surface properties window/ Mapping.
If the 2 mirrors show the same view, one of the UV mirror must be moved: Into the Surface properties window/ Mapping , click on Move. U value= -1. Click on apply and save your gp4 file.
Then, you have to test if all is ok in game.

A suggestion: During the mapping work, I usually use a test- texture only for the mirrors. I map them on this texture so that I am sure Right and Left mirrors are correctly mapped and that they will appear correctly in game.
Once done, I map them on one of my model textures (the UV mapping mirrors must use the whole inside mapping square, if possible).


____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Re: my first car
Date: November 19, 2017 06:45PM
Posted by: landex
Excalibur Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi landex,
>
> 2- Open your gp4 file into GP4builder:
> double-click on the mirror object you want to
> reorient (z_cockpit_right_mirror or
> z_cockpit_left_mirror). You can flip your mirror
> mapping vertically or horizontally or even rotate
> it from the surface properties window/ Mapping.
> If the 2 mirrors show the same view, one of the UV
> mirror must be moved: Into the Surface properties
> window/ Mapping , click on Move. U value= -1.
> Click on apply and save your gp4 file.
> Then, you have to test if all is ok in game.
>
> A suggestion: During the mapping work, I usually
> use a test- texture only for the mirrors. I map
> them on this texture so that I am sure Right and
> Left mirrors are correctly mapped and that they
> will appear correctly in game.
> Once done, I map them on one of my model textures
> (the UV mapping mirrors must use the whole inside
> mapping square, if possible).



Thanks Excalibur, it works very well with some patience :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, Vader, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy