Mod without CSM or GPxPatch

Posted by gezimuggel 
Mod without CSM or GPxPatch
Date: February 25, 2017 06:39PM
Posted by: gezimuggel
Hi everybody,

I want to run the 1995mod only with the GP4.exe. Everything works except the driver and team names and their performances. I have the names and performances of the vanilla game. Is it possible to change it so I can play the Mod just with the GP4.exe?
Re: Mod without CSM or GPxPatch
Date: February 25, 2017 07:06PM
Posted by: munnzy
yes
but to change the names of drivers and cars, i think you will have to edit GP2001_English.gps file that is in the folder Grand Prix 4\menudata\PC\Gp2001 folder
Date: February 25, 2017 07:12PM
Hmmm, in my GP2001_...-file there are the 1995 names:
1648 Start a race or practise session.
1649 <LINK>DRIVE<\LINK> 
1650 LOAD | WORKSHOP | OPTIONS | MULTIPLAYER | GPAEDIA 
1767 DRIVE
9 michael schumacher\benetton renault
johnny herbert\benetton renault
ukyo katayama\tyrrell yamaha
mika salo\tyrrell yamaha
damon hill\williams renault
david coulthard\williams renault
mark blundell\mclaren mercedes
mika hakkinen\mclaren mercedes
gianni morbidelli\footwork hart
taki inoue\footwork hart
rubens barichello\jordan peugeot
eddie irvine\jordan peugeot
pierluigi martini\minardi ford
luca badoer\minardi ford
aguri suzuki\ligier mugen
olivier panis\ligier mugen
jean alesi\ferrari
gerhard berger\ferrari
karl wendlinger\sauber ford
heinz-harald frentzen\sauber ford
pedro diniz\forti ford
roberto moreno\forti ford
Date: February 26, 2017 12:54PM
Posted by: munnzy
OK i can see that, are you using gpxpatch ??
Date: February 26, 2017 01:42PM
No, I don´t want to use CSM or GPxPatch. With a tutorial for creating Non-CSM Mods I loaded the Mod with CSM, copied the GP4tweak.ini and the other stuff of the game into a new folder. As I said, everything works fine. I have the correct cars of the 1995mod but not the names of the teams and drivers and their performance. With GPxPatch everything is correct but I want to start the Mod only by clicking on the GP4.exe.
Date: February 26, 2017 03:14PM
Ok, one Problem solved. Now I have the correct driver and team names. Last problem - where can I change manually the performance of each driver?
Date: February 26, 2017 05:44PM
Ok, I got it with the team editor. Now I can use 3danalyze with the GP4.exe and have the 1995mod. No more z-fighting :-)
Date: February 26, 2017 10:58PM
Posted by: TGF1DRIVER
You can change the performances of the drivers and cars with the performance file, located in a folder somewhere in the GP4 main directory. Inside the performance files you can change the driver performances, ranges and even the car power. There is also the possibility of adding additional data sections to the performance file what allows you to modify failure probability, car power, tyre brands, arm colours and rim colours for each single driver. But I'm quite sure that all this is not possible without GPxPatch (?). :(hot
Date: March 03, 2017 01:25AM
Posted by: SDI
If you add a /s parameter in the shortcut of GPxPatch it will start GP4 rightaway.

René Smit, Independent Software Developer.
Download my GPx tools here.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy