GPGSL S11: R14 Flevoland GP [VACANCIES, join now!!! || R13 QUAL online p.157, RACE p.158!!!]

Posted by GPGSL 
Perfs looking good! Time to get racing, I see I have the highest personel perf so I am looking for some fun..

I have no idea if I am also leading MPR at the moment, so I will just do my own strategy just to be sure (D)

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2017 08:14AM by Charrel.
Soutsen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yay, race is in sight! Now we only need mods to be
> edited and uploaded. Btw Rodrigo came up with some
> nice ideas in this regard - I mean the talk about
> restricting the livery changes (no driver names or
> nation flags on the body of the car)
to make it
> faster for the mod maker. It seems like a
> reasonable idea to me (Y)

I was thinking about it too and maybe the best way would be to submit two liveries per car at the season's start : the one with the names, flags and numbers of the drivers as we usually do and a "blank" one with just the numbers on it in case of a driver fails to be active.

Anyway my perf looks reasonable for the race, so I'm hoping I can crack on and get some points!

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2017 11:43AM by truecrysis.
I was also test and race driving for scr before Marcus. So if any team needs a test driver i am availble! :)

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Don't quite get the point of this. You can't score points, can't gain perf points, it only creates extra work.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
I'm sort of with Tobi here. Both the driver and the team owner don't have any advantage in testing for another team. The driver does not get extra points, the team owner does not have a replacement option if one of his main drivers is demoted.
There is no rule against it, but I don't quite see the point of it either.

Also, Alessandro is still in the perfs as test driver for SMS although he stated that he's out of the series. If somebody drives the FP before tomorrow, just take the perfs as they are. But Carlos, you don't need to bother with another penalty for him. He'll be taken out of the perfs for the next round, at the latest.

/addition:
Forgot to post to the livery changes. It is already standard since this season that only the RD mods (light versions) are edited when needed. But honestly speaking, I really don't see a harm in one driver driving in the car of his predecessor for a race or two. In the coverage, you don't see name and flag anyway, unless it's prominently placed as with MTP. But even then, the driver stepping in can wait for a round or two. And if a race driver is just temporarily demoted and expected to jump back in the car after the two-round penalty, there's even less sense in changing the car and mod twice for this.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2017 01:49PM by JohnMaverick.
JohnMaverick schrieb:
> Also, Alessandro is still in the perfs as test
> driver for SMS although he stated that he's out of
> the series. If somebody drives the FP before
> tomorrow, just take the perfs as they are. But
> Carlos, you don't need to bother with another
> penalty for him. He'll be taken out of the perfs
> for the next round, at the latest.

Did you mix something up here, or did I miss something? Alessandro is Alpha, and as far as I know he said he's gonna announce it if he retires, which he didn't do so far?

Some mods
Right, I mixed up SMS and Alpha (sorry for that, with all those changes it's becoming quite confusing).

And your post explains why I didn't have his retirement on the radar, however, this is from an IM I got from Alessandro yesterday:

"In my last post I said I wanted to retire from the league. Well, I want to retire. Simply put, I've lost interest."

This is pretty clear to me. However, there's no harm in letting him drive one more round as a tester before taking him off the roster. And of course, I thought this decision was announced to Alpha as well. Sorry Ed that those drivers I loan to you are so unreliable. Maybe you should look for another cooperation partner next season ;)

kedy89 Wrote:
> Don't quite get the point of this. You can't score
> points, can't gain perf points, it only creates extra work.

Completely agree. It doesn't make sense to hire a race driver from another team when you can fill the seat with one of your own race drivers in the first place.

X_Acto Wrote:
> The new rules seems the best way to the survival
> of the series. Nothing against!
>
> Now, let's race! :)

Great, Paulo!! Agree!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
JohnMaverick Wrote:
> This is pretty clear to me. However, there's no
> harm in letting him drive one more round as a
> tester before taking him off the roster. And of
> course, I thought this decision was announced to
> Alpha as well. Sorry Ed that those drivers I loan
> to you are so unreliable. Maybe you should look
> for another cooperation partner next season ;)

Haha no worries nothing you could do! I received the message as well although was only just able to check it.

X (@ed24f1)
It's a sad state of affairs......hardly a day goes by without me approving one or two new users to the site and still no-one has popped in here to express any interest.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
EricMoinet Wrote:
> Soutsen Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yay, race is in sight! Now we only need mods to
> be
> > edited and uploaded. Btw Rodrigo came up with
> some
> > nice ideas in this regard - I mean the talk
> about
> > restricting the livery changes (no driver names
> or
> > nation flags on the body of the car) to make it
> > faster for the mod maker. It seems like a
> > reasonable idea to me (Y)
>
>
> I was thinking about it too and maybe the best way
> would be to submit two liveries per car at the
> season's start : the one with the names, flags and
> numbers of the drivers as we usually do and a
> "blank" one with just the numbers on it in case of
> a driver fails to be active.

This is the reason I asked team owners to supply a psd of their car liveries with the driver names on a separate layer. I can then delete the driver name no longer involved and then create a tga for the mod.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Yep, that's easier and faster.

ETA: If you have a Text layer for driver's name it's even easier, you just need to highlight the text by double clicking on the layer icon and type the new name and save.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2017 01:19PM by EricMoinet.
mortal Schreef:
> It's a sad state of affairs......hardly a day goes
> by without me approving one or two new users to
> the site and still no-one has popped in here to
> express any interest.
----------------------------------------------------------

How many users are there on this site, I think we could easely fill 10 or much more GPGSL games with everybody... !!!

Yes Mal its sad very sad.

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
But we need to accept that not everybody still interested in GP4 is interested in participating in an AI-driven league. Just as not everybody still participating in the league is still an avid GP4 player ;-)

GPGSL S11 Race Director's Test Mod update

http://www.mediafire.com/file/05hjw8rtjpm68kg/GPGSL-S11-2017_RD-Test-v8.cuh

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
GPGSL S11 Race Director's Race Mod update

http://www.mediafire.com/file/x3f12h998xh5gch/GPGSL-S11-2017_RD-Race-v8.cuh

Evidence of checking in. Inside leg measurements taken. Suits you sir.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
I highly recommend replacing the current md with the one below. In the current one fuel consumption is off (0.9 per lap), cars hit the revlimiter way before the end of straights, and roughly half the field crashes out in the race.

[pastebin.com]

* AI setup changed so that cars no longer hit the rev limiter way before the end of the straights (longer gears for dry setup, slightly longer gears and higher wing for wet).
* Fuel value lowered to have a consumption of 1.0 per lap.
* Reduced AI errors to 10, seemed to give ~3-5 DNFs due to crashing out. Best test again before running the race.

Will do the FP later today, won't run Quali and Race though.

Some mods
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy