GPGSL S11: R14 Flevoland GP [VACANCIES, join now!!! || R13 QUAL online p.157, RACE p.158!!!]

Posted by GPGSL 
Nice advert there Mal, maybe stick it to the front page as well?

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Good idea, pinned to the home page News section.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Well that puts me in a situation quicker than I expected. Obviously I'd love to help out both Glen and Maikel, but considering my original contract as a Snake driver, I assume I'll fill in at Snake as opposed to DMR. If any deals get struck behind the scenes I'm happy to fill in either seat as required though. Thanks for the very brief visit though Glen, the free lunch on the facilities tour was lovely ;)

With the way things are we might end up having to relax the team boss rule just to have 22 cars on the grid for this season. It's a huge shame, but I think we'd all rather see the series full. What a time when I'm one of the last men standing in a season though...

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2017 09:41PM by truecrysis.
Ok, the reason we have got into this situation is because the perfs have not been done. The deadline passed some two weeks ago. Unfortunately, me and John have been so unbelievably busy with real life recently. We haven't even had time to bring Chris Hinz up to speed with the perf calculator, so he and Michael Soutsen can cover for us. I shall try my utmost to step up and get more involved in the next few weeks, I have put too much effort into the series in the past few years to see it fall apart. Season 11 will continue with the current set of rules, but we will look at making whatever changes we need to get this series into season 12.

To move forward, I am suggesting that we pause for a week to sort out Demon's driver issue. I am reluctant to let team owners race, so we need to find a replacement from one of the few test drivers in the other teams. So, I'm asking test drivers and team owners to consider the well being of the GPGSL and help out Demon Racing for two races until Dan Mills can return to his race seat. I also suggest that the next activity deadline be delayed for a week to allow for this pause too.

EDIT: Ignore the struck out lines. I have just been looking at the perf calculator and it seems there is only Erick von Draxeler of One Racing in the test series in a position to help Demon. Short of allowing team owners to race, that is, which I'm still against. Unless Demon recruits some new blood.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2017 11:33PM by Stoopid.
I can make a comeback for 2 races if I am still welcome.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Of course you are Ruben, you know that :)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
So Stu, should I ignore this check and do it again next wednesday? I'd have no problem, personally. Just say the word. :-)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
I would be happy to loan out my test driver Sean O'Neill to a race drive if anyone wants to make a deal with him.

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry guys, life is just to hectic at the moment. I sincerely apologise to everyone for being inactive.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
SchueyFan schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would be happy to loan out my test driver Sean
> O'Neill to a race drive if anyone wants to make a
> deal with him.

I heard Alpha are looking for someone to replace Alessandro the next 2 races ;)

Some mods
Turbo Lover Wrote:
> I can make a comeback for 2 races if I am still
> welcome.

Where do we send you some overalls Rubén? And the private jet to get you over to Road America? Pick you up in 24hrs..... Demon Racing will gladly take on the services of Rubén.

Honestly, these activity checks are killing the series this year! We all know why they are there, and I have no issue with them - they are the rules. I have said several times it should be a 21 day window, given the frequent inactivity of the series.

Demon Racing have got solid, locked in plans for S12 drivers, and I just hope we can get there with everyone's interest still intact, whenever S12 begins.

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Both the 10 and 14 days windows were introduced when races were still happening at a regular basis (remember the uproar caused by a few days of delay for the photoshopped French GP?), and a 17 races season including offseason was completed within a year. Since this is no longer the case, it might be worth considering a switch to a Nations Cup like system, were activity checks happen once for every round. If someone's completely disappeared, they'll still be hit by it.

I got no problem with the current system, but it doesn't seem quite right to force players being active when the series itself can't quite keep up with things.

Some mods
SchueyFan Wrote:
> I would be happy to loan out my test driver Sean
> O'Neill to a race drive if anyone wants to make a
> deal with him.

I am quite happy to be loaned out if my boss agrees unless he decides to put me in Alessandro's seat.

LAMH DEARG EIRIN

GPGSL Alpha Motorsports, S13 Race Driver #8 S14 Race Driver #2, S15 Race Driver #2
Hey folks,

I'm really sorry that I got part of this big mess. My wife had to undergo a surgery at Wednesday and since then, I was with her morning to evening and just collapsed in my bed when I got home.

In fact, I introduced Chris Hinz to the perfs and Michael seems to have his own system working, but the issue is that both are now working on different systems which are harder to compare with each other. And bluntly speaking, it was my fault that I did not fill in Michael and Chris about my condition to let them take over and maybe learn further through learning by doing. Sorry for this as well. Like I said, my head was really elsewhere the past week. I will do the perfs now and hope either of them can check them asap so that we can have another round some time next week, given there is an RD ready to do it.

I'd also like to stress, though, that I don't think this season was horrible so far, time-wise. It wasn't perfect, sure, but we made progress compared to last leason. On the other hand, I'm with Stu that we should make a perf check exception this time, due to extraordinary circumstances. My suggestion is to ignore the perf check of the 13th and redo it two days after the FP got posted. That's not going to become a routine but if we don't want to bury this league very soon, we might have to act somewhat less strict for a while.

/addition:
Oh, and about team owners racing again, that's in fact something I brought up to board discussion about two weeks ago already, since I don't see another way out at the moment. However, this needs to be linked with strong criteria what the circumstances are to allow this. The primary goal must be to introduce fresh talent into the series rather than team owners blocking race seats out of personal interest. The opposite argument is that you shouldn't force a team owner to hire a driver he doesn't want if there's interest from the driver's side. So as you see, it's a tricky question and we haven't quite come to a solution there. But we're working on it.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2017 11:49AM by JohnMaverick.
Hi, guys.

Well, I saw all discussion about Season 12 and the risk of didn't have quorum to running. Real life demands our time...

I don't know if it helps. But, first step, put a list of all members that wants to continue. Then, we ask for team managers. Depending on the progress, it's a good idea cancel testers championship. But, my opinion: team managers running, only in last case.

Then, increase lenght of posting. For example (EXAMPLE), I can create race folders for each race and counting would be determined by "folder post" and "standings table". And the most important for us: didn't change car and helmets layouts for all season, it demands lot of time to update carset.

It may sound ridiculous, but much of time I've gained with GPGSL-3 on the last few years has been simplifying rules and change carset only with necessary (frequently only changing champion car). That's why I said some time ago about fixed numbers with each driver (more time can be gained if each team has own numbers). Each team could send the cars with the numbers, cars with the number 1 and helmets without sponsorships, it helps a lot. "But about team order?" Official topic exists for this, to show on 1st page teams order. And GPxPatch helps this work!

I prefer drivers with each number. Drivers didn't change so much here between seasons.

Well, only some ideas to make all members didn't spend much time here and a way that we can continue with championship!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
JohnMaverick schrieb:
> In fact, I introduced Chris Hinz to the perfs and
> Michael seems to have his own system working, but
> the issue is that both are now working on
> different systems which are harder to compare with
> each other. And bluntly speaking, it was my fault
> that I did not fill in Michael and Chris about my
> condition to let them take over and maybe learn
> further through learning by doing. Sorry for this
> as well. Like I said, my head was really elsewhere
> the past week. I will do the perfs now and hope
> either of them can check them asap so that we can
> have another round some time next week, given
> there is an RD ready to do it.

No worries, I can basically check the perfs on any day, just drop me a pm when you're ready.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
JohnMaverick Schreef:
> My suggestion is to ignore the perf
> check of the 13th and redo it two days after the
> FP got posted. That's not going to become a
> routine but if we don't want to bury this league
> very soon, we might have to act somewhat less
> strict for a while.

This would mean that Douglas gets to stay in the race seat (for now, be warned!), and Connor will be able to move to Demon - if all parties agrees this might be the simplest of options? Unless Ruben really, really wants to race off course

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
This is how I'm currently setting up the perfs. Otherwise we'll be causing yet another massive delay. But I can easily include Ruben as a tester for Snake for him to be ready to step in when (probably rather when than if) needed somewhere. Cause honestly, there are few people more active than Ruben these days ;)

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
MDBSnake Schreef:
> JohnMaverick Schreef:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > My suggestion is to ignore the perf
> > check of the 13th and redo it two days after
> the
> > FP got posted. That's not going to become a
> > routine but if we don't want to bury this
> league
> > very soon, we might have to act somewhat less
> > strict for a while.
>
> This would mean that Douglas gets to stay in the
> race seat (for now, be warned!), and Connor will
> be able to move to Demon - if all parties agrees
> this might be the simplest of options? Unless
> Ruben really, really wants to race off course

If that is the simplest solution I don't need to make a comeback.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
This will also mean Dan and Nathan are not excluded too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy