GPGSL S11: R14 Flevoland GP [VACANCIES, join now!!! || R13 QUAL online p.157, RACE p.158!!!]

Posted by GPGSL 
Not the best comeback to the testers championship....
Let's see how it goes "tomorrow".

Tough weekend ahead of us...

-----------------------------------------------------

Intense for sure. Was good to be in P1 for a short while, and then to come so close to it again in the second run shows that the boost worked out for me. Shame for Cremasco though. I think he just wanted to get the session over and done with so he can look forward to qualifying and the race. And if the qualifying and race ends up being just as intense as the free practice, predicting who takes pole and who will take the race win will be near impossible for sure.

Great session, shame we went out a bit too early though!

X (@ed24f1)
Since this practice turned into a lottery with the brief rain shower before the session, I'm quite pleased with my own result. It was tricky to find the perfect compromise between a drying track and not being held up by other drivers. A podium finish could have been possible if we got out a little later but who knows how traffic would have been then. So I'm quite happy with 5th. It shows that I haven't fully lost my driving skills.

Matteo simply was in the wrong group. He never had a realistic chance for a good finish here but then again, he once again showed superb speed and that's promising for his main goals in the racer championship. I'm confident of a good result here at Kyalami.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Congratulations, Erick!!! =D

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
We can't learn much from that session, fingers crossed that there's some pace in the car

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
R6 South African GP - Day 2 - Qualification

It's a glorious weather today over the circuit of Kyalami, the arena for the round 6 of the GPGSL season 11. Yesterday we saw Mal Stoddart from SCR
winning the testers practice, but who can tell what is the real alignment of forces for the race is? We will know the answer very soon.

Qualification session is under way with Daniel Thomas heading out of the pits. Rumors says that this might be his last race in the series, as his boss
informed the press that Thomas actually stopped to talk with him.

Silent Dan with the first time of the session.

Rodriguez was slighty faster on his lap №1.

The current championship leader, Tobias Kederer, finds himself between them.

Paolo Silva is third and the gap between all of them is really tight.

McClure in the second Mistral takes pole from Rodriguez.

But John Warrington was faster by three thousandths of a second!

Elleker goes faster than them all.

Scala crosses the line, and that was really close! Second place for Itallian.

Cremasco can't find the pace after his glorious voyage with the Nations Cup Series.

He and Alessandro Sanvitale are at the bottom of the field right now.

Pedersen can't break 1.01 limit on his first lap. That's P9 for now.

Chris Warrington starts his flying lap and there's MTP car coming out of the pits at the same moment.

It's Michael Soutsen, the man who is starting his first official qualification in the series today.

Meanwhile, Keranen sets his first time, and it is a bad one. P11 for Finnish driver.

Sebastian Nell driving with number one on his car into P7.

And Christopher Hinz takes the 7th spot on the grid from Nell immediately.

Chris Warrington crosses the line and he is angry at Soutsen, who didn't let him by.

He overtakes a rookie on the main straight to ruin the lap for the MTP driver in revenge.

P12 for Douglas Spangenberg in his first run.

Joseph Gilson is only 11th.

And De Bruyker snatches 11th place from the SCR driver.

Worseling in another SCR with a solid lap time. He is sixth.

Jalving needs to give just some more to challenge Elleker for pole. P4 at the moment.

Copeman on a slow lap and it's only P18 for him.

Soutsen paid the price of his rookie mistake, but he still have his second try to improve the current 21th position.

Cremasco comes first for his final try and takes the P17.

Rodriguez, John Warrington and McClure unable to improve, but Sanvitale goes from 18th to 6th!

Drivers ending their laps one by one, but none of them went faster than before, ecxept Keranen, who stays 20th though.

Unbeliveable! Soutsen comes out of the pits again and he blocked the road for Nell this time...

And Worseling breaks through to take the pole!

Still plenty of cars left, and right now Charrel Jalving goes fastest on sector one!

But the car is nervous at the Clubhouse bend and he is clearly not a threat anymore.

Soutsen is lucky that Seb Neill backed off and didn't do to him what Chris Warrington did, so he improves to P4.

Tyrant driver, by the way, sets his first time on the clear track today and he is only 17th fastest.

Copeman is up to 16th, and De Bruyker crosses the line behind him with no improvement.

And the last man on track pulls out some epic wizardry - Joseph Gilson goes second fastest from P17!

With Mal Stoddart's victory yesterday, and the front row with both their cars today, SCR Team is looking strong for a race tomorrow. Our congratulations
to Nick Worseling. This is his second pole position this year. And last time he started from pole, he won.

Time to say so long for now. Best wishes from the GPGTV crew, and enjoy the final moments of waiting for tomorrow's race! It's gonna be fun

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
R6 official qualification results:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2017 02:26AM by GPGSL.
We had a shot at pole here today, so I'm not happy with 7th. I was absolutely on the limit in my second lap, the car doesn't have the speed we want so we have to take some risks.

Anyhow P7 is not bad, good points are possible so hopefully we manage to get on the podium.

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
So close to pole! Just hope I can keep up in the race and maintain a podium position at least

My apologies to Chris Warrington and Sebastian Nell. The ability to be in the right place at the right time is the thing to learn for me, clearly. Thanks to Seb, who basically sacrificed his lap after he got interrupted by me. If he would do the same trick as Chris did to teach me, my race would be over with the start from the end of the field. Not really proud of my run today, if only we could find a better time to run out... This could be easily a pole!

Going to be a tough race for sure for both Warrington and Cremasco. That holdup from Soutsen ruined Warrington's first run, and it may be because of frustration from that moment that hurt him in his second run. We'll see what happens during the race to see if we have a chance to score points.

Cogratulations to Erick and John... (Y)

and about myself, no comment ! :(

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
From bad to worse.

Why post the results in spoiler form? The pictures are spoilers enough, no need to hide em

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
why do I use that boost?

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2017 10:53AM by Brett Sinclair.
Bit of a step back unfortunately but still in good position to pick up some points

X (@ed24f1)
Soutsen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My apologies to Chris Warrington and Sebastian
> Nell. The ability to be in the right place at the
> right time is the thing to learn for me, clearly.
> Thanks to Seb, who basically sacrificed his lap
> after he got interrupted by me. If he would do the
> same trick as Chris did to teach me, my race would
> be over with the start from the end of the field.
> Not really proud of my run today, if only we could
> find a better time to run out... This could be
> easily a pole!

Eh, my lap was already sacrificed, +2s first sector, went right into pits again. It's a shame really, but I can only aim to make most of that 13th position tomorrow in the race.
Season isn't exactly going as expected, the last races were abysmal for the whole team. The 1 on the front of my car was a big upset last year and not to be expected. However it would be nice to score points consistently. It'll be my goal in the race to improve at least 1 position and nurse the car home.
A disappointing session for sure, and I'm sure the boss is none too impressed with either of our results.....though it must be noted that I out-qualified my teammate again.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Thrilling, boys! That's an excellent position for the team to snatch a shatload of points. Well done!

But yeah, Michael, we'll have to work a bit on our timing, both yours and that of the team, to hopefully avoid such mistakes in the future. But nonetheless, what you made out of it in the end is amazing.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Not particularly good, not particularly bad either.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy