im finished with monaco

Posted by Caelen 
im finished with monaco
Date: August 28, 2004 01:27AM
Posted by: Caelen
well im done. i havent updated all buildings as i would like as its hard to find matching textures. but ive done tarmac, pitlane, guardrails, trees, grass, backgrounds, tunnel roof/lights, a few buildings and the skyscrapers, as a last minute touch i updated the shadows to match better the highres trees.

just waiting for permission from ricardo and co as i used their 2004 beta as a base. i need to include a modified version of their monaco2001.gp4 as ive remapped a lot of the guardrails and some buildings plus a few other bits and pieces, already received ok from lo2k so hopefully others will give it the ok.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2004 01:32AM by Caelen.
Re: im finished with monaco
Date: August 28, 2004 01:33AM
Posted by: Kev188
WOW , I have no words !!!!!
I hope you´ll release it as soon as possible !!!
Your work is always great !!!
Date: August 28, 2004 01:36AM
Posted by: team cason
Wow. Just when i thought it couldn't get any better..

Date: August 28, 2004 01:41AM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
I can't wait until I do my AMD64 upgrade to my computer now...*drools*

Fantastic work!
Date: August 28, 2004 01:48AM
Posted by: chet
WOW, how do you get your cocpit visor like that? Is it the 2003 Cart Mod one?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 28, 2004 02:49AM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
very nice work cant wait to race there.
Date: August 28, 2004 04:10AM
Posted by: Xero
Wow! The background/skybox is very impressive! Even the tree shadows are hi-res! Fantastic stuff! Well done!
Date: August 28, 2004 04:51AM
Posted by: Borjaserrano
These screenshots are awesome. I always wondered this: the hi-res circuits gives a big kick on the po?. I have a Radeon 9800Pro 128Mb, on a P4 1.7Ghz, and I run Gp4 on a 1280x1024 resolution. It would be advisable to install these circuits on my machine?

PD: There are no solution to the difference of resolution of tarmac lines?, I think the effect of the low-res lines on the hi-res lines is very annoying.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2004 04:55AM by Borjaserrano.
Date: August 28, 2004 07:19AM
Posted by: Razorsedge
Great work again Caelen!!

@Borgaserrano, I've have absolutely no change in PO with these Hi-rez tracks, and as long as you back up your current tracks data you can always switch back if you do get an unacceptable PO hit!

Cheers.
Date: August 28, 2004 07:38AM
with the 98 pro you should get no difference in fps as your processor would be the limiting factor to your fps.

there is no simple way to get rid of the low res lines.
you can remove all jam/jips etc and then map lines on the road using textures which would take forever. however i was working on another way where we could get rid of the tarmac map all together and just map a highres tarmac, say 2048x1024 across the road and have marking on this texture. (2048x1024 is not as big as it sounds, currently i uses 1024x1024, which gp4 maps up to 8 times across the road anyway)
however the problem with this method is that you will lose all wet weather reflections as they are tied in to the .bin file which is what needs to be edited to remove the tarmac mapping.
iv done this for the pitlane in order to use a red tarmac so you will get no wet weather reflections in th pitlane.
Date: August 28, 2004 07:43AM
by the way the visor is from latest beta version of tweaker, just register to download. this version introduce the visor with dirt/oil and tearoffs.
it also has some much needed force feedback effects.
Date: August 28, 2004 09:17AM
Posted by: mickg
Bloodyhell Caelen, thats nice.

P4 3.2ghz/800mhzFSB; XFX 7800GS; 2Gig PC3200(400mhz) DDR; Seagate SATA 10krpm HD x2 ;SB AudigyLS .

AYRTON SENNA: F1's Undying Legend.
Date: August 28, 2004 09:51AM
Posted by: gpxcartworld
Simply.... AMAZING!!!!!

*Pulls up his jaw from the floor*

Great work Caelen!!!!

Date: August 28, 2004 09:59AM
Posted by: Leslie
hi Caelen,

Any way to update the sky and let it looks like at F1C..?

By the way, Great jobs from you again, thanks !!

:):0

LeSLie

Dragon Racing - Home - Gallery - Forum - Download - Enzojz INTERVIEW !! - Gp4 Italia INTERVIEW !!
Date: August 28, 2004 10:42AM
no way currently, i have tried but with no success. gp4's skies are actually much better than f1cc . f1cc uses a simple bitmap wheras gp4 uses different textures which interact giving clouds that can move and evolve, ie the sky conditions change from dry to cloudy etc. the only problem is they are low res. ive tried upping the resolution but gp4 crashes.
Date: August 28, 2004 10:48AM
Posted by: Leslie
Caelen,

thanks for you try and you're great !!

:):)

LeSLie

Dragon Racing - Home - Gallery - Forum - Download - Enzojz INTERVIEW !! - Gp4 Italia INTERVIEW !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2004 10:49AM by Leslie.
Date: August 28, 2004 10:57AM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
SUPER!!!!! When I read the name of the thread, I thought you were gonna say something like: "I've crashed so many times at Monaco that I've given it up."

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: August 28, 2004 11:45AM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
What cockpit shape are you using???
Date: August 28, 2004 11:53AM
Posted by: Alesi_fan
Wow! It's just great :) :)

U/
Date: August 28, 2004 11:56AM
Posted by: raztahz
BRILLIANT!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy