GPGSL S10: Season over! Thank you and goodbye. See you in S11 ||v||

Posted by GPGSL 
The moment when you are like "what the hell is a twat?..."

Twat ??

I'm inclined to give Chris and Dean their positions back, ordinarily they would have just limped over the line. I would count back to whatever position they was in when they entered the pits. I will look at the screenshots and try and work it out and discuss it with the board. As for Daniel, his result stands I'm afraid. He spun out. Tough I know, but how do we give everyone who spun at that corner their position back?

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Macca25 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To all those people being condescending dicks and
> say that they should get there place back for
> spinning off, it's not the same thing and you know
> it. Your just making yourselfs look like twats.

Mr McGregor, I suggest you refrain from the profanities and the aggressive behaviour. The matter is being looked at by the GPGSL governing body and will let all members know our decision as soon as possible. Please remember, that the GPGSL is a fun series and if you can't take a joke, then maybe you should consider whether you should be a member of this series.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
I think it's incredibly cheeky to go back and change the results once the tables have been posted.

And guys, whatever you do, don't google the term 'twat'

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> And guys, whatever you do, don't google the term
> 'twat'

Oh boy....

Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> 'twat'

well now i just have to don't I? ;)

But I got an interesting result too

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
The GPGSL has reached a consensus on the final lap race incident at Kyalami. Our decision will be posted later.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> I think it's incredibly cheeky to go back and
> change the results once the tables have been
> posted.

>
> 'twat'

I agree but given the fact that there was obviously something awry on the last lap and three cars disappeared I don't think the results should have been posted so quick. I got back form work excited to see the end of the race (given that I was in an unusually high position for me) only to find that I had disappeared from the results and was credited as being a lap down with no plausible explanation, on a track where a number of faults had already apparently occurred.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

I can understand it in this case, but as the standings have since been posted I think that should serve as the official result.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Well, that's another example where I can only hit my head on the desk. Usually, there's big crying to have the tables posted asap so that people can plan. Now Maikel did this really quick for once, risking to do double work if the result is altered, and now you're crying that the tables shouldn't have been posted so quickly and/or shouldn't be altered? No more words, really!

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Damned if you do and damned if you don't, eh John?

Apologies to Aiden in this situation, but we should never have given him his position back earlier in the season.

GP4 doesn't have the in-game mechanic to keep cars out on the final lap, and on entering the game you accept that GP4 will drive the results, yes? You can't just go manipulating the results because it's "fairer", because then it's unfair on the guy who came home in 11th or 12th since they lose their points. @#$%& happens, deal with it.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2016 12:25AM by Incident 2k9.
Does anyone have a decent working version of Bathurst?

Incident 2k9 Wrote:
> Apologies to Aiden in this situation, but we
> should never have given him his position back
> earlier in the season.
>
> GP4 doesn't have the in-game mechanic to keep cars
> out on the final lap, and on entering the game you
> accept that GP4 will drive the results, yes? You
> can't just go manipulating the results because
> it's "fairer", because then it's unfair on the guy
> who came home in 11th or 12th since they lose
> their points. @#$%& happens, deal with it.

Well ok...
Anyhow, I think it might be a problem that relates to the length of the races. On RD we've seen cars in 12-15 lap races (very short races) pit on the last lap with problems.
Whereas I've run a 75% race at Kyalami of all places, a loose wheel on the last lap saw the car go straight across the line. I will admit, I don't know if loose wheels can be fixed in the pits, I assume they can, but that car finished instead of going in. It ended up stopped at T1 after finishing.

I honestly believe that those places should be given back, but not on when someone enters the pits. As close as possible you need to see when they cross the line in the pits, go from that. It's crazy to think that you can have people survive 41 laps of not spearing off at a corner with a questionable CC-line and they'll lose their result because the game not only pits them but then doesn't record them crossing the finish line. Common sense for me would say find when they crossed the line and that's their position. Because that's when they should have finished.
Didn't my car stop because of a Water Leak 2 laps from the end? There's no way anyone could limp to the end with that, and I was in last place at the time, so my position stays as it is.

FlyingFinn19 schrieb:
> Common sense for me would say find when they
> crossed the line and that's their position.
> Because that's when they should have finished.

But this might not always be possible. The incident might be missed, a re-run might turn out different results, etc. Now it worked in one case, but maybe not in another. What to do then? Admittedly, the way GP4 handles it, sucks. But in the end, it's the fairest solution to everybody, independent of the situation. And chances that you profit from it are way higher than chances that it hits you.
This is not speaking in regards to the current incident, but generally speaking. For the current incident, there'll be an announcement soon. Either way, this decision would take the last known positions of the drivers, however. What you suggest is logically the fairest solution, but offers ten times more trouble in the end.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Stoopid Wrote:
> Does anyone have a decent working version of
> Bathurst?

What are the problems with the original Tojepo release? I am almost finished an update of this but it is mostly graphical with only a few circuit changes.

X (@ed24f1)
SchueyFan Wrote:
> Stoopid Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Does anyone have a decent working version of
> > Bathurst?
>
> What are the problems with the original Tojepo
> release? I am almost finished an update of this
> but it is mostly graphical with only a few circuit
> changes.

Nothing at all Ed, just that there doesn't seem to be that much overtaking. I'm concerned it's going to be another Monaco borefest!

Stoopid schrieb:
> SchueyFan Wrote:
> -----
> > Stoopid Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Does anyone have a decent working version of
> > > Bathurst?
> >
> > What are the problems with the original Tojepo
> > release? I am almost finished an update of this
> > but it is mostly graphical with only a few
> circuit
> > changes.
>
>
> Nothing at all Ed, just that there doesn't seem to
> be that much overtaking. I'm concerned it's going
> to be another Monaco borefest!

miki2000milos schrieb:
> will the updated CC-line (by Atticus I think) be
> used for this race? It gives more overtakes than
> the original. The original is plain boring lol.

Did you try that?

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy