Help with a problem regarding two video cards

Posted by natasp 
Help with a problem regarding two video cards
Date: March 09, 2016 03:00AM
Posted by: natasp
Hey guys, I just installed GP4 on my new notebook and all is running smoothly, but, the gp4 is using the Intel HD Graphics card instead of using my Nvidia video card, all my other games use the correct card, I would like to know if is there anyway to change it

Thanks in advance

Re: Help with a problem regarding two video cards
Date: March 09, 2016 01:52PM
Posted by: Atticus.
Start menu > Control Panel > Click on Address Bar and select 'All Control Panel Items' > NVIDIA Control Panel > Select 'Manage 3D settings' in left pane > Select 'Program Settings' in main pane > Click 'Add' > Browse and select GP4.exe > Select 'High-performance NVIDIA processor' instead of 'Use global settings (Auto-select: Integrated)' from the drop-down list

GP4 is an old program and modern NVIDIA control panels cannot detect it as one that requires the performance of the NVIDIA card. But you can assign it to it manually, that's what I outlined above.

(I was in the exact same situation as you, that's where the 'expertise' comes from. ;-))

My workthread - [www.grandprixgames.org]
Full of classic F1/non-F1 track layouts

My blog about F1 performance analysis - [thef1formbook.wordpress.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2016 01:55PM by Atticus..
Date: March 09, 2016 02:08PM
Posted by: natasp
Thanks mate!

I did try it before you said it, but no lucky :/

When you did it the problem was solved? even with me forcing the use of the Nvidia the game still starts with the intel, I also tried to deactivate the intel card in the device manager, but then the gp4 doesn't even start.

I'm using windows 10 btw

Date: March 09, 2016 09:43PM
Posted by: Atticus.
Hm, that might be an issue - I run Windows 7.

For me, NVIDIA shows up in the in-game graphics menu and I always though that actually means the game uses my NVIDIA card. I can still do - but, as I said, I run Windows 7 and sadly, I have no experience with Windows 10.

:(

My workthread - [www.grandprixgames.org]
Full of classic F1/non-F1 track layouts

My blog about F1 performance analysis - [thef1formbook.wordpress.com]
Date: March 30, 2016 06:14AM
Posted by: Slasher
Atticus
Start menu > Control Panel > Click on Address Bar and select 'All Control Panel Items' > NVIDIA Control Panel > Select 'Manage 3D settings' in left pane > Select 'Program Settings' in main pane > Click 'Add' > Browse and select GP4.exe > Select 'High-performance NVIDIA processor' instead of 'Use global settings (Auto-select: Integrated)' from the drop-down list

I can't seem to get AA and AF to work in GP4.

Tried your above solution, but when selecting the GP4.exe, nothing appears in the heading title for 'Select a program to customize'. So i thought maybe thats just a quirk, and when i try to select anything in the list below, Anisotropic filtering, or AA, NVIDIA control panel crashes to desktop.

And ideas?

Delay the last. Bypassed the above and tried NVIDIA Inspector, seems to have worked.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2016 06:52AM by Slasher.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy