About tyres and helmets

Posted by DAMON96 
About tyres and helmets
Date: January 04, 2016 09:08PM
Posted by: DAMON96
Hi!!...Well, after read and find out that there is no 1987 mod or cars, I decided to mix the 1988 cars and 1986 in the old 1986 MOD, the problem is that i can't find how to make the tyres fix right and the helmets, I can't find anything in the 1986 mod to fix that...anyone can help, or there is any better idea to mix the cars?..Thanks in advance

Re: About tyres and helmets
Date: January 05, 2016 05:44AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
Helmets and tyres (and lots of other things) have their positions controlled by GP4 Tweaker.

Is the '86 mod a CSM mod?

If so, there might be an option in the CSM configurables menu for 'Real-time editing'.
Turn this on and, in game, use the TAB key to cycle through options, and use U,I,J,K,H,M to move things.

In-game, if you press the '~' key, information will appear on the left of the screen, giving you coordinates for all the wheels, the helmet, and some other things.

Make a note of these once you've made your changes, and then exit the game.

Find the mod's folder, and then you'll have to look for the tweaker files.
These can be in several places, usually

[MOD Folder]/Data/Tweaker/

In there, look for 'onboardcamera.ini', 'helmetpos.ini', 'tyrepos.ini' and, if you need them, 'cptdashpos.ini', 'cptsteerpos.ini', 'steerpos.ini' and 'armspos.ini'

If any of those are missing - usually it might be the 'onboardcamera.ini' - look in the folder for each car; sometimes modders put the camera information with each car:

[MOD Folder]/Data/Cars/[TEAM]/[TEAM].ini

So, for something like the Mclaren, it might be

[MOD Folder]/Data/Cars/McLaren/McLaren.ini

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: January 05, 2016 06:23AM
Yes, thanks, I knew that, but the problem is that mod hasn't any tweaker anywhere...it has nothing at all...that is the problem
Date: January 05, 2016 06:48PM
Posted by: munnzy
You could adjust these with team editor 3.5 as well.
regards
munnzy
Date: January 05, 2016 06:58PM
Posted by: Foreverk
That 86 mod is like the 1991 mod, stores all in the gp4tweak.bin file, so you have to edit it the same way: 1991 mod - cameras
Date: January 05, 2016 07:58PM
Yes, I found the GP4TWEAK.bin..which I can't open, but then I can't do what they do with the 1991 mod, because I never find any twaeker
Date: January 06, 2016 01:07AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
If I'm understanding the problem correctly, the following should fix it:

1) Uncheck 'quickstart' in CSM, and start the mod, and wait until the GPxPatch window appears.
2) Go to your GP4 Folder, open 'gp4tweak.ini' and change all the lines with 'Edit' in them (OnboardCamEdit etc.) to '1'
3) Save the file and close it.
4) Now you can press 'StartGPx' on the GPxPatch window.

You should now be able to edit the values in-game.

If you still can't get it, send me a PM.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2016 01:25AM by AUS_Doug.
Date: January 06, 2016 03:50AM
I will keep on trying...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy