1991 mod - cameras

Posted by abdelkader 
1991 mod - cameras
Date: April 19, 2007 08:21PM
Posted by: abdelkader
Hi mates!

I am currently using the 1991 mod along with CSM.
It is so perfect that I can't express it with human words... but there's one little thing.

The issue concerns cameras. I noticed that cameras have been edited by the authors.

I really enjoy this kinda 'cockpit view camera' in which you can see a steering wheel, driver's hands and the layout of a cockpit.

While in cars like for example McLaren-Honda and a few others I can see mirrors - everything is O.K. ,but when I choose for exaple Williams-Renault or Ferrari I can't see mirrors because of the fact that mirrors in these cars were fitted closer to the outer edges of the cockpit and the computer screen simply can't display them.

I decided to change the camera position retracting it slightly in order to make mirrors visible.

My questions are:
-Where in the 1991 mod folder is the file responsible for camera positions and what is its name?
-If I do find this file, how can I edit it?
-How to make such edited camera file compatible with the 1991 mod, so it was just like an integral part of it, making no problems in further use ?
-I told you about this fake-cockpit view camera, but I don't know its number so if you know which camera it is - please tell me.

I tried to have a try with Team editor, but once I have edited the cameras and applied changes , CSM alarmed that GP4.exe was no longer original and the mod couldn't be run. I tried to turn off 'exe checking'but it didn't give any results.

Sorry, if I am asking about obvious, self-evident and ridiculous things. Only few days have passed since I have bought my GP4 copy and I am completely green about editing GP4.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2007 08:30PM by abdelkader.
Re: 1991 mod - cameras
Date: April 19, 2007 09:27PM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
I love the camera view you mentioned. The team specific steering wheels along with the drivers gloved hands are very nicely done. But for the life of me I don't understand why they didn't incorporate these into the main in-cockpit view. :(

The steering wheels at least could have been placed in the cockpit view, after all, its been done in other mods. This was a BIG disappointment to me... but apparently the mod creators don't see it the same way.

About editing the camera, sorry, I don't know how to get what you are seeking -

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: April 20, 2007 10:36AM
Posted by: _Erix_
Editing camera's needs to be done with gp4tweaker. Start up the mod but uncheck "quickstart" at the bottom of the CSM window. When the gpxpatch window appears you run gp4tweaker. You can edit the camera's ingame by checking RT EDIT at the onboard camera position and projection tweaks. Read gp4tweaker's manual how to edit them ingame. The keys to use can be found at the keyboard binding assignments tweak.

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Date: April 20, 2007 01:56PM
@Erix

Thanks. It works.

A really harsh task occurs when retracting the camera on Ferrari. In order to see the mirrors I have to retract the camera so extensively, that I start to see an external helmet's visor which is really annoying.

Well, the rest of the cars look good ,though.

Thank you for the priceless help.

Date: May 16, 2007 08:16AM
abdelkader, could you go into a bit more detail about how you got the mirrors visible in the forward cockpit view camera?

Or anyone else? :)

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: May 16, 2007 10:25AM
Posted by: _Erix_
It is very hard to achieve. Greg and I tweaked and tuned them for weeks and this was the best we could find.

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Date: May 17, 2007 12:20AM
I understand that it isn't 100% possible for some cars like the Ferrari, but some look as if only some small adjustments need to be made to bring the mirrors into view, or at least partial view.

If real time editing is possible with the Tweaker it should be relatively simple to make some small adjustments.

OR as an alternative, is it possible to set up the main in cockpit view so the drivers hands and arms are visible with the default Momo steering wheel?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2007 12:22AM by Jagdpanzer.
Date: May 17, 2007 12:51AM
Jagdpanzer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> abdelkader, could you go into a bit more detail
> about how you got the mirrors visible in the
> forward cockpit view camera?
>
> Or anyone else? :)

Just as I said. I retracted the camera until I saw the mirrors. I still can see a visor of a helmet but, well, I can bear it after all. Using ,of course, GPTweaker

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2007 12:51AM by abdelkader.
Date: May 17, 2007 04:58AM
What camera view is it? Driver? Cockpit?

Date: May 17, 2007 10:57AM
This is the camera in which you can see the layout of a cockpit, driver's hands and a steering wheel.

GP4Tweaker shows that it's the camera number 2.

Regards.

Date: May 17, 2007 10:20PM
Thanks...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy