Hotlap Competition gp4cc

Posted by brasspanels 
Hotlap Competition gp4cc
Date: October 11, 2015 11:55PM
Posted by: brasspanels
Erm it has gone a bit quiet hasn't it. What happen to the hotlap competition on gp4 central
Re: Hotlap Competition gp4cc
Date: October 12, 2015 02:59AM
Posted by: TomMK
:( I'm lazy is the main problem. I will start it again at some point.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: October 12, 2015 03:09AM
Hahah it's okay! Just wanted to know if you are still here:p
Date: October 12, 2015 07:03AM
Posted by: miki2000milos
what competition?

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
Date: October 12, 2015 09:00AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
miki2000milos Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what competition?

TomMK refers to the hotlap competicion in his website where in season 2 made huge advantanges to
keyboard drivers over wheel drivers. Non of the wheels drivers in normal conditions where able to beat the keyboard leader of the championship
Infact dispite of all kind of attempts and proof i put he continued to make it far worst for wheel drivers.
In my view he is xxxxx (many insults of all kind suposed to be in the X).
Date: October 12, 2015 12:54PM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
miki2000milos Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what competition?

As an alternative to jcaranti's answer, I present this.

(Skip right to the bottom for a summary)

It was a friendly and casual competition run by TomMK through his website.

Using one of his 'Laptop mods' - standalone installations of GP4 modded to represent a season set - we would, over the course of a week, submit saved hotlaps and see who had the fastest time.

We'd all run the same track, with the same weather seed and on the same difficulty, with checks run to make sure we all used the same physics and performance files and to check for exceeding the track limits etc.

jcaranti was the runaway winner of season 1, winning all but one of the championship races.

Season 2 used Tom's 2014 mod, and the difference in Physics between it and the 2013 mod was quite drastic owing to the nature of the 2014 cars.

That season was won by stefano86k (with Supermonty in second place), despite them using keyboards; It is generally accepted that keyboards are the hardest controls to use for GP4.

It was also the first season to impose a performance penalty system (See here for an example) for the top drivers, with the aim of levelling the playing field.

A major part of this penalty system - the TC (Traction Control) & SH (Steering Help) restrictions - don't affect keyboard users, as the game forces them to use those aids.

Despite the fact that only two of the eight or so keyboard drivers had any success that season, the opinion was voiced by some players - Jcaranti was the most vocal of these - that the mod's physics and rules favoured the two keyboard drivers.

Jcaranti (Wheel Driver) won the first race that he drove in that season, with Javi (Wheel Driver) second and Bata (Wheel Driver) third; Supermonty and Stefano were fourth and fifth respectively.

The podium of that event was, therefore, all Wheel drivers.

The next race was won by Stefano, with Jcaranti second and myself third.

Race after that, stefano won, followed by Tom and Javi.

I won the next race, followed by Supermonty and Stefano.

The final two races were 'Stefano, Tom and Supermonty' and 'Stefano, Supermonty and Tom'.

After not winning in Singapore - he only lost by 0.015 - Jcaranti declared it impossible for a wheel user to win - despite him winning the previous race - and refused to participate further.

It wasn't 'impossible for a wheel user to win'; It was nearly impossible for anyone to beat Stefano.

Stefano was incredible that season.

Had there been such an advantage for keyboard users, it would have been a Stefano and Supermonty 1-2 finish every race.

Season 3, was a much closer contest.

Tom won the first two events, with myself and Supermonty trading 2nd and 3rd in each of those races.

Tom was 3rd in Korea, with Supermonty winning and I came 5th.

Tom missed the final event, I won and Supermonty was second; Had I not screwed up Korea, I had a very good chance of winning the championship.

Season 3 did away with the TC and SH restrictions, but kept the fuel penalty.

This was perfect; Tom didn't use TC and SH anyway, Supermonty had to use them and so I (I believe all other drivers were keyboard users) would have been the only one affected.

Despite using the same physics set as season 2, there was no dominance by the keyboard users.....though, had Stefano participated, that might not have been the case!

This, in and of itself, all but proves the physics file held no advantage for the keyboard users; The only question that has any right to remain is if the season 2 penalty system was fair.

If you did use one of the aids that was banned through the penalty system, it did slow you down, as it was supposed to; I, for instance, had my high-speed handling ruined by the SH limit.

But, as someone who played with a keyboard for many years, having my traction control taken away and my steering help reduced was nowhere near as bad as having to drive with a keyboard.

Summary: Jcaranti won a lot of races in season one, won a race and came second in a race in season 2 and then left because keyboard drivers had an 'advantage'; Everyone else kept playing and had lots of fun, with the rightful winner winning.

Reservoir Dogs version of summary.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: October 12, 2015 02:00PM
Posted by: miki2000milos
lol
I read the whole post btw.
I was just asking as I am interested in an online competition on GP4 where I race on my own

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
Date: October 12, 2015 03:06PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
What AUS_Doug FORGOT TO MENTION that the physics of SEASON 2 WHERE SPECIFIC FAR BETTER FOR KEYBOARD DRIVERS.

STEFANO86K RACED in season 1 in 2 races HE WAS NOT IN THE TOP 5.

- TOMMK DELETED his results from the season so know one could compare his performance from season 1 to season 2.

THATS PART OF MY ANGER AGAINST TomMK,

I WON a race in Season 2, it was in the MONZA TRACK, it was very tight. I had 0 fuel penalty, Stefano86k had a lot of fuel penalty
despite that he finished very close to my laptime. THATS how huge of the advange of physics favoring keyboard driving.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2015 03:13PM by jcaranti.
Date: October 12, 2015 03:56PM
Oh no not again this same @#$%& again. Anyway milos it would be cool if you participate once this thing starts :)
Date: October 12, 2015 04:25PM
Posted by: phantaman
well, the fact is that if it used another physics (torque curve idem was not mentioned as well) eg standard or other work done with more seriously, it would be easy, not only for Jcaranti.

He has the absolute right to their complaints and observations. In all, remember that this is just my opinion. I did not want to offend any of you (Y)

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: October 13, 2015 01:25AM
Posted by: TomMK
Let's not start this again :) There will be another GP4CC season (Season 4). See the GP4 Central main thread.

I want to create a custom / fantasy championship, instead of using the latest F1 mod. I think it would be more fun and more "involved" for the participants to be themselves in their own teams, rather than us all using the Mercedes W06, which is what would happen with the 2015 Mod.

Regarding the discussion about the fairness of the physics, I think I will use the original GP4 physics and torque values. However I do want to state that my 2015 Mod physics is very different again (and I think much better than the 2014 Mod). This is partly due to my work on the new 1993 Mod. Slowing the cars down was not something I had researched properly before 2014, when they became much slower than 2013. In 1993 they were even slower and I learned a lot about how to create a good, slower physics from doing that, which has fed back into the 2014 / 2015 Mods.

For GP4CC Season 4, I want us to have our own teams and to upgrade the cars throughout the season; starting with cars about as fast as today's GP2, and upgrading them to become the fastest cars ever (think F1 2004), with massive power and grip.

Driver aids will probably be allowed again. But there will be a strict penalty system to avoid domination by any participant.

See the main thread for further Season 4 discussion.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy