mega patch coming!!!!

Posted by ayazyounis 
Re: mega patch coming!!!!
Date: May 30, 2003 05:39PM
Posted by: checha
i have a nice wad in my game right now with viper´s car and some others things the only bad is that if i donwload a new pitcrew and try to put in the game the whole game fuc.. up and i dont know why!! i asked viper one time and he didn´t know why that happen maybe some of you know, i just download the patch.. but i´m reading what you guys are saying and i dont wanna install something that make me very angry and mad..cuz the game fuc.. up again!!! and loose the nice game i have,¿¿¿¿ it´s the patch.. good or not?????... if not just wait that viper made some others good stuff , donwload and put it in your wad.. you dont need a big patch to have a good game.. well that is what i thought!!! you only need the race driver pic, the car of the year, the performance of the year, the graphic track of the year. and the other things are not necesary!! tyres are every where, gpx every one have gpx, loading pic you can make your own one..!! so dont get mad to this people they are trying to do the best. keep going...!!gpx.it

Date: May 30, 2003 11:32PM
Posted by: b-tone
What are people really gonna do if u use their work, take u to court?

no - probably stop making for gp4 if theres no respect here.

Viper's cars are probably the best around and they're free to use for all, even tho he puts in many hours and gets nothing in return. i think paying a little respect and living with his conditions is a small price.
and if you've been following things you'd probably make a pretty decent guess that he's done/doing most cars and a full wad from viper is looking pretty likely.
CTDP are releasing a 1995 set and (the beta anyway) looks fantastic - they've had full control and will release something to their standar´ds - which are probably higher than most peoples.

as some of the comments here show, (i dont agree with some of the choices, the patch sucks pretty bad, there is not a single good carshape) this patch isn't perfect, and Viper et al wouldnt like to see a set with thier work in it described like this.

If you want a 2003 set then build one yourself, use this one, or wait patirntly for a fully sanctioned one by the top car makers. (Viper/CTDP/Bojan/the dutch guys/?)

I know if i could do a good shape i would not mind people using it.

If you could do a good shape you would then know whats involved and maybe you would feel different when youve spent 6 hours a day until 3am for 6 weeks, and got it looking 100% and it released alongside a whole lot of crap*. or maybe not.

bottom line is they do it for free, fun and to come to places like this and read things like 'great work!' and not 'sucks pretty bad'. if they start reading the latter when they haven't control over the product, they'll quit, and we'll have no nice cars.

this has been my

(*not saying that anything is crap)

____
Tony

Date: May 30, 2003 11:49PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

i want to know why on earth people get crabby over "copyright" over the
stuff they make for a game. the only person who really has any reason
to be crabby about it all is geoff crammond.

his game

we are editing it.

I understand that everyone puts in alot of hard work into there projects
for gpx series. I put in alot of time and effort with my one and only FANTASY car and i would get crabby if someone used it as a base of there own work without asking me first.

if they asked me first and i liked what they had changed then i would
probably grant them permisson ASLONG as my name was included in the
credits.

the only reason i wouldnt grant permission would be if it looked to much
like my car still.

thats all

but i disagree with viper for not allowing his carshapes to be used.
he has done his cars for the GPx community. why wont he let the GPx communiuty place his cars in a season package alsoong as he is given credit for it! i mean who would not know it was his carshape? i dont think anyone has done a ferrari or williams to that calibure (yet...)
i dont actually like his cars they slow my pc down to much and always
look wierd for me. but my computer sucks ****

Date: May 31, 2003 01:58AM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
Hi boys, i have to say some word about this megapatch. People who said "i dont agree with some of the choices, the patch sucks pretty bad, there is not a single good carshape"are not in the right way..... I think that if a person whould not like this patch is free to say that in a forum, in a comunity because a opinion is always welcome.. but the tone used in this post is very offensive for who like me had work to this patch ando for all the person who had contribuited to make it! If you disagree this patch could say this in other words.. I repeat the concept... This one is very offensive... We have made the best with the best material avaible in the web (copiright question is only lost time.. i have not intention to be a children with absurde copyright question..)
I thanks all the autors who make possible this patch.. Comments are in welcome but please take offensive word in your lips...

Samuele
32BOBO32
Date: May 31, 2003 02:36AM
Posted by: Max Downforce
It's better to make the game improve with such a patch than sit on your lazy butts and criticise it ;-) people spend many hours days, weeks, months perfecting YOUR game and you disrespect them........ sad.

Stop criticising it and make your own creation, then and only then you'll know how hard it is to make great stuff........

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appartement en minicamping te huur in de Ardennen
www.Ardennengevoel.com
Date: May 31, 2003 04:11AM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
good words.....

Samuele
32BOBO32
Date: May 31, 2003 04:21AM
Posted by: Covfan
I don't actually see the appeal of a huge maga patch, I'd prefer doing things myself. It's talent spread over a huge area rather than being concentrated on one particular bit. Saying that, it doesn't look too bad.
Date: May 31, 2003 06:47AM
Posted by: FortKnox
the Copyrigth is only of g. crammond and Infogrames all the others do not have any Copyrigth. if we have not inserted a few jobs, we have done it only to respect the author's decision,

a few examples:

all these authors who have denied us their jobs, you have paid for the rights you have F1 team to reproduce their cars?

do you have the authorization of the sponsors of the teams?

Does SDI have the authorization of the Fia to reproduce the tv graphics?

Does Raymond Smith have the authorization to reproduce the helmets?

can Madman offer a publisher who modifies lo original parameters of the game?

Can GP4 ITALIA gather all these jobs which are not authorized and propose a Megapatch?

after these examples I think that no one can have the Copyright.

byez

Date: May 31, 2003 11:00AM
if i take a photograph of an F1 car, the copyright is deemed to instantly and indefinetly belong to me.
if you publish that photo without my permission you are liable to prosecution.

i assume its the same for all visual art - wether that be painting, sculpting, digital art work, or creating a file to use in gp4.

copyright laws to one side, if someone is offended enough to stop producing works for gp4, then we all lose.

M (i just reproduced the golden arches - think i'll be sued?)

____
Tony

Date: May 31, 2003 04:13PM
Posted by: marcl
Its funny that people never used to be so fussy about updates for Gp3 apart from a guy called Ralph H, and everyone used to moan about him
Date: May 31, 2003 06:09PM
Posted by: JackieStewart
Wow.
Who the **** are all you guys?
Noobs. Behave. If you could spend some time checking out some threads. GP4 is a VERY complex game programme and it takes a long time to put anything together for release, let alone something as MASSIVE as this worthy "add-on" to Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix 4.
What did you expect. There's that much good work around. A couple of months ago there was a thread asking players for their favourite mods. Lots of variations. The capabilities of various PC's meant that litterally "everyone saw something different" in terms of visuals and gameplay.
As my friends in Liverpool say, "Calm down, calm down".
Well done to the authors, you've made many people happy.

....................I quite like this now.
Date: June 02, 2003 01:09PM
Posted by: asw7576
All I say about 2003 Mega Patch: You are great people with great talents !!!

F1 mania untill 50....
Date: June 02, 2003 01:36PM
The 2003 Mega patch is quite good, just don't try to un-install it.
Date: June 03, 2003 06:10AM
as promised the new correct Cars.wad is online.
bye :)

Date: June 03, 2003 11:24AM
Posted by: W@llierossi
Does your mega patch include Ribeiro's or Masuzoh's Trust Minardi (based on Bojan's textures and Wai's shape)?

If so, you might want to remove it from the mega patch as these guys don't have any permission to update the car and Bojan is pretty pissed

Quote from his site (http://www.grandprixgamer.com/bolid77/):

"These days you might find somewhere a Minardi/Trust car texture made by Masuzoh available for download. My recommendation is to avoid it at any cost, because this not-very-talented guy took my Minardi texture and succeded to make total crap out of it in probably no more than 5 minute work. Texture is not accurate and logos and lines are pixelized. It was said millions of times before, don't use another's people work, without asking. If you can do modifications so that I can't see difference in quality between your and my part, then I'll let you publish it. This is really not a case here, and I hate to see my 60-hours-work ruined like this.

Oh, thank god we designers have these people who are so quick to see what we did wrong and are so capable to make things as they should be right from the beginning. Pleeeease, Masuzoh, take my Renault aswell, and make it a beauty, it really needs just your final touch to be perfect:p. "

I think this says it all...
I might be able to offer you my version of it (which is the only one out there Bojan has given permission for), but you'll have to email Bojan on that matter.

Furthermore, There is a big chance that I'll be able to release the car seperately very soon (again... WITH permission)

Regards,

Guyon

Post Edited (06-03-03 18:26)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Adeus Ayrton! Valeu Campeão!"
"Goodbye Ayrton! Thanks
Champion!"

Member of gp4.gamer.nl 2004 season pack
Date: June 03, 2003 12:32PM
amen!

logos and lines are pixelized
what does that mean.

____
Tony

Date: June 03, 2003 01:14PM
Guyon, it doesn't mention Ribero in that satement by Bojan, are you sure he's a leecher aswell?
Date: June 03, 2003 01:31PM
the best way to stop this (total crap) is for the original author to be quick with releasing updates.

____
Tony

Date: June 03, 2003 01:42PM
guyon not being egoistic thinks also of the others

there is the only progress when he is for everybody (Henri Ford)

but why raged there against this Megapatch?

you have something against us Italians?

we have gathered only the jobs, we never said that they were ours

we have written:

Very special thanks goes to the Authors of the works included in this MegaPatch 2003 Order and

to all involved on the assembling. All the Patch Authors have not received money, only the passion on

Formula 1 and Grand Prix 4 let it be possible this amazing work.

* Marks and logos are property of the respective owners. *

I repeat I do not understand this behaviour of yours

byez guys

Date: June 03, 2003 02:17PM
Posted by: bojan_tarticchio
@ b-tone

"the best way to stop this (total crap) is for the original author to be quick with releasing updates."

You obviously don't have any idea how much work is it. Of course Masuzoh & Co. are quick, that's a 5 minute job.

BTW, Ribero uploaded his version to one italian site, I didn't yet updated my homepage, but he'll also get a fair review soon.

And yes, Guyon's modification is the only one I can recommend because of quality. It'll be published very soon.

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy