Reshade: a new way to increase GP4 visual effects?

Posted by Rot Teufel 
Does anybody recognise the circuit in maxi's picture?

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Re: Reshade: a new way to increase GP4 visual effects?
Date: April 11, 2015 11:52PM
Posted by: maxi82
salvasirignano escribió:
-------------------------------------------------------
> maxi82 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> [www11.pic-upload.de]
>
> > g
>
> Maxi, que circuito es? No lo he visto antes, es un
> circuito que ha hecho usted? Gracias!

comodoro rivadia, todabia no lo libere

my works
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Gracias Maxi, su trabajo es muy impresionante! :)

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Breum schrieb:
> sehr schön. wo kann ich in der datei die
> reflexionen bei den autos noch erhöhen?
>
> very nicely. where can I still raise in datei
> reflexionen with autos?

Honestly Breum? I mean, you'll never get an answer on this question cause no non-German speaker will ever understand it. If you're this insecure in English, use Google Translator. That's at least better than this.

So, what he tried to ask was where in the file he can raise the reflections of the car, if that's possible at all.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: April 12, 2015 03:29PM
Posted by: NickJW
JohnMaverick Schreef:
> Breum schrieb:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > sehr schön. wo kann ich in der datei die
> > reflexionen bei den autos noch erhöhen?
> >
> > very nicely. where can I still raise in datei
> > reflexionen with autos?
>
>
> Honestly Breum? I mean, you'll never get an answer
> on this question cause no non-German speaker will
> ever understand it. If you're this insecure in
> English, use Google Translator. That's at least
> better than this.
>
> So, what he tried to ask was where in the file he
> can raise the reflections of the car, if that's
> possible at all.

I believe it's this line in the f1grapchics.cfg file?:
1 ; Enable AdvancedCarShader v2

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Here are mine SMAA and Curves values :-)

SMAA
#define SMAA_THRESHOLD              0.12  //[0.05 to 0.20] Edge detection threshold. If SMAA misses some edges try lowering this slightly. I prefer between 0.08 and 0.12.
#define SMAA_DEPTH_THRESHOLD        0.001 //[0.001 to 0.100] Depth edge detection threshold. Same as above but for the depth edge detection. This can go insanely low and still look good.
#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS         36  //[0 to 98] Determines the radius SMAA will search for aliased edges
#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG     16  //[0 to 16] Determines the radius SMAA will search for diagonal aliased edges
#define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING           70  //[0 to 100] Determines the percent of antialiasing to apply to corners. 0 seems to affect fine text the least so it's the default.

// -- Advanced SMAA settings --
#define SMAA_EDGE_DETECTION            1  //[1|2|3] 1 = Luma edge detection, 2 = Color edge detection, 3 = Depth edge detection
#define SMAA_DIRECTX9_LINEAR_BLEND     0  //[0 or 1] Using DX9 HARDWARE? (software version doesn't matter) if so this needs to be 1 - If not, leave it at 0.
                                          //Enable this only if you use a Geforce 7xxx series or older card, or a Radeon X1xxx series or older card.

// -- SMAA Predication settings --
#define SMAA_PREDICATION               0  //[0 or 1] Enables predication which uses BOTH the color and the depth texture for edge detection to more accurately detect edges.
#define SMAA_PREDICATION_THRESHOLD 0.001  // Threshold to be used in the depth buffer.                                      
#define SMAA_PREDICATION_SCALE       2.0  // How much to scale the global threshold used for luma or color edge detection when using predication
#define SMAA_PREDICATION_STRENGTH    0.4  // How much to locally decrease the threshold.

// -- Debug SMAA settings --
#define SMAA_DEBUG_OUTPUT             0  //[0 to 4] 0 = Normal, 1 = edgesTex, 2 = blendTex, 3 = areaTex, 4 = searchTex - Only for troubleshooting. Users don't need to mess with this.

Curves
#define Curves_mode        0 //[0|1|2] Choose what to apply contrast to. 0 = Luma, 1 = Chroma, 2 = both Luma and Chroma. Default is 0 (Luma)
#define Curves_contrast 0.35 //[-1.00 to 1.00] The amount of contrast you want

// -- Advanced curve settings --
#define Curves_formula     7 //[1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11] The contrast s-curve you want to use.
                             //1 = Sine, 2 = Abs split, 3 = Smoothstep, 4 = Exp formula, 5 = Simplified Catmull-Rom (0,0,1,1), 6 = Perlins Smootherstep
                             //7 = Abs add, 8 = Techicolor Cinestyle, 9 = Parabola, 10 = Half-circles. 11 = Polynomial split.
                             //Note that Technicolor Cinestyle is practically identical to Sine, but runs slower. In fact I think the difference might only be due to rounding errors.
                             //I prefer 2 myself, but 3 is a nice alternative with a little more effect (but harsher on the highlight and shadows) and it's the fastest formula.

Addional values for LumaSharpen and Bloom

LUMASHARPEN
// -- Sharpening --
#define sharp_strength 0.80   //[0.10 to 3.00] Strength of the sharpening
#define sharp_clamp    0.035  //[0.000 to 1.000] Limits maximum amount of sharpening a pixel recieves - Default is 0.035

// -- Advanced sharpening settings --
#define pattern 2        //[1|2|3|4] Choose a sample pattern. 1 = Fast, 2 = Normal, 3 = Wider, 4 = Pyramid shaped.
#define offset_bias 1.0  //[0.0 to 6.0] Offset bias adjusts the radius of the sampling pattern.
                         //I designed the pattern for offset_bias 1.0, but feel free to experiment.

// -- Debug sharpening settings --
#define show_sharpen 0   //[0 or 1] Visualize the strength of the sharpen (multiplied by 4 to see it better)

BLOOM
#define BloomThreshold      20.25    //[0.00 to 50.00] Threshold for what is a bright light (that causes bloom) and what isn't.
#define BloomPower           1.280   //[0.000 to 8.000] Strength of the bloom
#define BloomWidth           0.0142  //[0.0000 to 1.0000] Width of the bloom

My workthread with all RELEASED and WIP stuff

Date: April 12, 2015 06:32PM
Posted by: Breum
danke, reicht mir aber noch nicht mit den reflexionen. ich probiere mal andere einstellungen. :-)

thanks, however, it does not reach to me yet with reflexionen. I try sometimes other einstellungen.:-)
@#$%& game doesn´t work anymore.
I tried to install reshade 0.17.1 + sweetfx 2.0 beta 8 but the game didn´t work after that (msvcp110.ddl missing error popped up). I was able to get gp4 work again by system recovery. Should I try to install some other reshade version or any other tips to get it working?
In my hopinion, ReShade + Sweet FX works better with Gp4. Since it's still a beta programm, i suggest to wait to the next version or when it'll be more stable.
Reshade setup might help users. Another thing to check is what sweet fx will enable. Not all effects works with this game, so activate once at all if you wanna test and maybe made a clone folder of GP4 for those tests.
Here there's a huge list of Sweet FX preset that could be usefull as a start for editing parametrs. [sfx.thelazy.net]
I suggest to copy paste the values on Sweet FX Settings.txt from ReShade.

Another issue i found is it doesn't work with Dxtory, so i guess both Fraps (or similar programms) will suffer of the same issue.

Friends.
I see that there is a large imbalance between those who are very advanced in settings and who can not make it work. In my case and others, does not work.
Who is more acclimated can generate a tutorial for installation and error correction?
Date: April 13, 2015 02:42PM
I have the same issue but i took the settings from mr.teufel and inserted them in the .txt that can be found in the Sweetfx folder in your gp4 folder. Only thing i need to change is the keyboard layout since i want to use it on my laptop and it doesn't have a scroll lock button xd

PC:

Laptop:

Date: April 13, 2015 07:18PM
So i managed to get it working on my laptop also i activated HDR Textures(Using the motherboard graphics instead off the ATI Radeon.
One thing that really pleases me that when you turn it on the game runs much more smoother and faster then when turned off.
I think it's a really good solution for low-end pc's and laptops.

PC:

Laptop:

I've succesfully installled ReShade and SweetFX and then I applied Rot Teufel SweetFX settings.

ReShade and SweetFX work, but the game performances decreased and the graphics antialiasing results ar worsened.

It seems the graphic card antialiasing are bypassed using ReShade and Sweefx.

My graphic card is GeForce GT 740 using following settings

- Anisotropic filtering - 16x
- Antialiasing - Mode - Override any application setting
- Antialiasing - Setting - 32x CSAA
- Antialiasing - Transparency - 8x (supersample)
- Maximum pre-rendered frames - 4
- Vertical sync - On

Any idea to improve the ReShade and SeetFX results ?

Thanks in advance
I suggest if you want try the SMAA filters to disable your Antialiasing settings, since SMAA is a Subpixel Morphological Antialiasing, so there's no need to give the graphic card double work.

If you guys are interested to edit parameters, i found something usefull as a guide to understand what edit what :)

SMAA: [delightlylinux.wordpress.com]
HDR: [delightlylinux.wordpress.com]
Lumasharpen: [delightlylinux.wordpress.com]
Vibrance: [delightlylinux.wordpress.com]
Cineon DPX: [delightlylinux.wordpress.com]
Lift Gamma Gain: [delightlylinux.wordpress.com]
Tonemap: [delightlylinux.wordpress.com]
Technicolor: [delightlylinux.wordpress.com]
Vignette: [delightlylinux.wordpress.com]

New version 0.18 has been released :)

Changelog

0.18.0:

Added window event message queue hooks, which handle keyboard and mouse input
Added option to use key modifiers/combinations for toggling techniques via new annotations "togglectrl", "toggleshift" and "togglealt"
Added support for numeric escape sequences in string literals to effect parser
Added disclaimer message to overlay
Added error message to setup tool if Visual C++ redistributable is missing
Changed hook installation to log error status code if hook activation failed
Changed network traffic monitor to use interlocked operations instead of critical sections for thread-safety
Changed setup tool to only attempt analyzing the executable PE file and not launching the game (fixes crashes)
Fixed crash in GTA5 when Steam overlay was active and ReShade named "dxgi.dll"
Fixed effect reloading not working if there was an error during the preprocessor step
Removed "d3dx9" dependency from 64 bit build since it isn't used there
Removed support for loading effects from "Sweet.fx" and "ReShade\Common\ReShade.fx". Please use "ReShade.fx" instead.
Removed disclaimer messagebox

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy