Weird problem w/Singapore 2013 track [fixed]

Posted by AustinF1 
Weird problem w/Singapore 2013 track [fixed]
Date: April 21, 2015 06:26PM
Posted by: AustinF1
I installed the Singapore 2013 track (authors drt01, Jcaranti) on my system last night and it worked very well (huge improvement over the previous version from 2008 I believe) with one exception. My kid uses the rookie mode, i.e. steering and brake assist. When the user car leaves the pit lane, the system slows the car down to a near crawl at the end before entering the track(?). The several seconds lost there render the program being run in a race mode untenable. Anyone have any advice on fixing this?

Thanks sincerely,
AustinF1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2015 01:47PM by mortal.
Re: Weird problem w/Singapore 2013 track
Date: April 21, 2015 09:29PM
Posted by: Atticus.
I used to have this bug present in my Monaco Historic track, it was there almost all the way during the testing phase, but then it somehow went away.

I'm not sure how I did it, my initial suggestion would be to take a look at the pit lane flags to see if they are all at the correct sectors. Alternatively, check if the pit exit sector width values are high enough.
Date: April 21, 2015 11:02PM
Posted by: Prblanco
Hi,

I was recently asked the same question and the problem lies with the Pit Lane Fences End flag.

When the car reaches the pitlane sector which has that flag, it basically tells the game that the car is now on track, and no longer in pitlane. And if the game understands that you're "on track", it sees a 90-degree turn to the left, and your car way off the ideal line. So, with auto brakes on, you get a slowdown to make sure you go "safely" through the corner. Of course we know that isn't true.

So, to force the game into thinking we're still on pitlane, and thus consider only the pitlane sectors regarding speed, the solution is to move the Pit Lane Fences End flag to a sector after the first corner. In the particular .dat I was sent to analyze, moving the Pit Lane Fences End flag to pitlane sector 154 solved the problem.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2015 11:05PM by Prblanco.
Date: April 22, 2015 02:27AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Well, im not changing it.
I like the way it is.
You dont like it? dont use my track.

Bye.
Date: April 22, 2015 06:08AM
Posted by: natasp
Man, the guy did only asked for a tip to help his son to enjoy the track as much as he and everyone else does (he even praised the track)

You don't need to be always so rude with everyone

Date: April 22, 2015 07:45AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
natasp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You don't need to be always so rude with everyone

Define who is everyone, acording to you...?

The phrase: You dont like it? dont use it.
That comes from an ex member of this forum that went by the nickname Lee71.
As it said if you dont like the work or have a problem with it then do use it.

Knowbody asked him to download the track.
Date: April 22, 2015 12:29PM
Posted by: mortal
How to win friends and influence people......make a really helpful and constructive comment, thereby contributing something worthwhile to the community in general. Something 99.9% of the community strives to do.
Sadly, there's always a .01% that manages to engage the keyboard without engaging the brain first.
On behalf of the site I shall apologize to the OP and his young son and sincerely hope he resolves the problem somehow and gets back to enjoying the sim, which is as it should be. Any other argument is invalid.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 22, 2015 01:11PM
Posted by: Prblanco
@AustinF1 - if you don't understand my explanation, please send me your .dat file and I'll fix it for you.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2015 02:32PM by mortal.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy