>
> SPEED GEAR
>
> I use SPEED GEAR 3.0
>
> for NASCAR 2003, Evrything it really works well internet
> and all
>
> FRIENDS, It works so good I depend on it.
>
> SO FAST that Its scary!!!!
>
> SO never give up BROS..........ferrariace wrote:
>
> > I know with my system part of the problem is the sound
> > card.The c-media chip uses the processor to process the
> > sounds.I decided to put in win98 to get a dos game to run
> and
> > tried gp4,well gp4 runs better in windows xp then win98 by
> > about 4fps and this is with the same graphics config and
> all
> > the same options.
> > LarryM if you have a Win Xp running on fat32 its really
> easy
> > to install win 98 on to another partition.If you are on
> NTFS
> > partition you would need a boot
> > manager.Heres the link for anyone who wants it,also has
> tips
> > and fixes for Xp.[www.dougknox.com] its under winxp
> > tips.
Re: I am giving up on GP4
Date: May 20, 2003 01:11PM
Posted by: marcl
kit-kat

How did u disable that backup thing u are talking about i am having the same prob where is slows down every now and again.
Try DirectX 9.0a!
Date: May 20, 2003 08:31PM
Posted by: Paco
LarryM, I don't know too much about the configuration you need to play Gp4 at a high fps rate, but I only have a question: Which version of DirectX do you have? Because if you haven't got DirectX 9.0a, you could download it and see if that may help you.
I hope this comment has been useful.
(Excuse me if my English is not good, I'm Argentinian)
Re: Try DirectX 9.0a!
Date: May 20, 2003 09:38PM
Posted by: LarryM
Buenos dias Paco,
your English is perfect. :) I have Directx version 9.0a. Funny thing is that 3d mark 2001 thinks that I have Direct x 8. I have checked that I really do have v. 9,0a. I know this also because I have just formatted my c:/ partition and installed win xp. I am getting only 11.000 marks- should be over 13000 (win 98). That is another story.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: May 20, 2003 11:59PM
Posted by: Tony
Larry, there's lots here about drivers (how to install-uninstall, expected performace after "cat3.4" etc Still got a feeling that it is something revolving around this - can't think of anything else.. Over the weekend, I was stuck after loading cat 3.4, and could only get 17 fps max - and 100 + po - I Felt like Larry for a day - Trading places;?!? (my usual is 32-34/po 70 BIG BIG difference. I sorted it out eventually, both trial and error, this and that etc. Link here from overclockers (only a small read;)
ATI Radeon Guide and Catalyst Driver Updates

Tony
Date: May 23, 2003 01:19AM
Ok. I still have not given up. Tony's experience gives me hope.. but what did you do? I am going nuts.. I've frigged around with the F1graphics.cfg, but no success- sometimes even lower fps.

I have reformatted my C: partition and reinstalled win xp home. Updated the latest Asus (SIS 745) agp driver, Latest Radeon Cats (3.4), etc. The game runs in practice with most things on high and 1280x1024 at 32 fps. Start of a race is still 19-22 fps- sticky. Havn't dared to try in the rain.

So trial & error Tony, can you remember what parts of the game you messed with. Any hint will help.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: May 23, 2003 01:21AM
Posted by: Boomy
It is not the cause of your problem,but do you know that XP Home is fake ?

Boomer
Date: May 23, 2003 01:25AM
Define " fake" Boomer.

Larry
Date: May 23, 2003 01:39PM
Larry, it's so hard to remember when you got it right - but didn't know how. Firstly, let me say that the CAT 3.4 Drivers weren

With the ever increase in technology, the word "impossible" should be used with caution - if at all
Date: May 24, 2003 10:34AM
WoW, thanks Tony. I will try following these steps. I just upgraded to Audigy player speciasl offer

Larry
Date: May 24, 2003 01:37PM
Hello larry. it's ok, "E" just meant the "instructions" for uninstalling prevoius drivers in set up Thus:

E) UN-INSTALL wxp-w2k-radeon-7-88-030430m-008946c-efg.exe etc;)

Tony
Date: May 25, 2003 01:50AM
Ok- thanks Tony.
I don't understand it but I have had an improvement, it's not as good as it should be, but it is noticeable.

- I know (think) that I have set up the drivers correctly. However I am missing about 2000 marks on 3dmark 2001. Could be xp (I've been told it eats up 25% of processor power. A fix is, I hear, available on request from MS????)
- I have had GP4 on my D partition and have formatted c: before installing win xp.
- I copied my existing game to a new folder and then tried to uninstall it (in order to make a clean install), the CD found no record and allowed me to install any way. So copying the game was a waste of time.
- I installed the game, ran it (quick race) and exited. Installed the patch 9.6 and ran it again. It will run even at 40 fps but drops to 28-30 at the starting gris.
- I then tested my existing game (where I had the fps problem) - performance matches the clean install :-o

So, the question arises: Can the installation process make adjustments in windows or elsewhere whic affect fps? evn for previously installed versions?

Still. I should have somewhat higher performance.

Larry
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy